Hot Wheels Elite Batmobiles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just checked my old e-mails, I got my '89 Batmobile for exactly $45, too. :lol That was also 3 years ago, though.
It's really an amazing piece. Like Coco, I would've easily paid more for it, too.

Here's an old shot I took back when I got it:
Batmobile.png

Awesome, i think i got mine for $29.99 back in the day and glad i did since the other what 2-3 releases that followed had stupid gold chrome on it.

I got my '89 Batmobile Elite for $50 shipped 2 weeks ago. So worth it.

I have the '89, the '66 and the Tumbler from Hot Wheels and the 1940 Roadster and 2000 Comics batmobile from Corgi. All 1:18 diecast. Love 'em.

They should rerelease all of those listed above. Hot Wheels isn't profiting from eBay prices! I am sure with TDKR, they will rerelease the Tumbler. Hoping for the Keaton one at least as well!

They should rerelease all of those listed above. Hot Wheels isn't profiting from eBay prices! I am sure with TDKR, they will rerelease the Tumbler. Hoping for the Keaton one at least as well!

Totally agree. I want the 89 but the elite doesn't do it for me and the ebay prices are a bit ridiculous.

I bought the original non-gold '89 for 29.99 at Sharper Image back in 2004 I think. Wasn't really working much back then and like an idiot I returned it a few days later because I ran out of cash, still stings that I did that.

I bought the original non-gold '89 for 29.99 at Sharper Image back in 2004 I think. Wasn't really working much back then and like an idiot I returned it a few days later because I ran out of cash, still stings that I did that.

ouch :thwak

How are they going to have this up for preorder with no pics? Talk about dumb

That's the Elite..... :dunno

I've only seen it with the gold trim. Is there another version of the '89 Batmobile that I haven't seen? I know of the different versions they produced of the 60's Batmobile a couple of years ago. I didn't know they recently released different versions of the '89 Batmobile also.

But regardless, "elite" or not, what's with the gold trim?? :dunno

BB

Correct Ven.

The Elite has the gild trim for some reason. The standard is the exact same 1:18 car only there is no gold and is movie accurate.

Got the '60's version from Toys R' Us. I got my Tumbler and '89 from Sharper Image. :D

Pretty sure they were all around $45.

Hmm, maybe they were less than $45. It's been a while.

Oh, and after looking at the awful gold paint on the 89 Elite version I say go for the regular version. I don't know what they were thinking doing that to Burton's Batmobile.

Seriously. :slap

Last edited:
I've got the 03 version, the best one...

$(KGrHqN,!hUE6dChSTumBOrWZfP8tw~~60_3.JPG

Then there are these poopie versions...

batman-batmobile-elite-version-1989-diecast-model-car-mattel-r1794-p.jpg

$(KGrHqMOKjUE5Rgp,4WeBObfnmS4lw~~60_12.JPG

93b93cp7.jpg

Eww... what's that one in the blue box? I thought the Elite gold one looked bad... but that one has bronze and orange wtf. :panic:

Back