Hot Wheels Elite Batmobiles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the 2003 '89 version the only correct version out there? Did they release the same, non-gold version, within the last couple of years?

BB

I just remember seeing it on ebay and the description went on and on about a car shop , and this and that. Just to much info for an ugly version, couldnt read it all.

That battle-damaged one is pretty cool, but I still like my regular version the best.

(Truth be told, my favorite Batmobile is the Elite version of the 1966 car.)

That '03 one looks like the one I have, unfortunately the turbine part has come off any ideas of a good way to reattach it? I will post pics when I can

I hate it when HW do all those incorrect and stupid colors like gold on the Batmobile or purple and stuff.

Honestly with all the effort that they put in into the '66 version, they should treat the '89 the same too. Maybe a 1:18th Super Elite '89 Batmobile with the right colors would be dope !

I hate it when HW do all those incorrect and stupid colors like gold on the Batmobile or purple and stuff.

Honestly with all the effort that they put in into the '66 version, they should treat the '89 the same too. Maybe a 1:18th Super Elite '89 Batmobile with the right colors would be dope !

I'd like them do to a Brave and the Bold 1:18. I dig that car too.

I'm considering the 1:18 Tumbler to go with my 1:18 '89 Batmobile.

As far as the 1/18th Tumbler goes, is there any difference between the regular version and the elite?...besides the gold paint....I read somewhere that the elite has carpeting, etc...But I also read that the elite version isnt any better than the regular?...Can someone that has the elite confirm or deny this....Thanks...

Matt

I also posted this question before, but I think it was on the wrong thread.
I have Mattel Hot Wheels original regular version of 1:18 scale Tumbler. Now I see the Elite version.
Some says it's useless rip-off, and some says it's better.
My biggest complaint for the regular version was limited opening of cockpit.
Does anyone know if the Elite version has improved cockpit opening? I was wondering if I can place 1:18 dark knight figure in the seat with Elite version.

As far as the 1/18th Tumbler goes, is there any difference between the regular version and the elite?...besides the gold paint....I read somewhere that the elite has carpeting, etc...But I also read that the elite version isnt any better than the regular?...Can someone that has the elite confirm or deny this....Thanks...

Matt

Do nt bother with the Elites they bring nothing special to the party.

Let me narrow down my question then.
Does Elite top opening really look like this? I've never seen it this way except for one web site. Please someone confirm it.
20.jpg

21.jpg

I just won an auction for the 89 (2003 version) new, $102 shipped! :yess::yess:

I've been wanting this for close to 10 years and just in case I can't afford the HT one..... :pray:

Just checked my old e-mails, I got my '89 Batmobile for exactly $45, too. :lol That was also 3 years ago, though.
It's really an amazing piece. Like Coco, I would've easily paid more for it, too.

Here's an old shot I took back when I got it:
Batmobile.png

:goodpost:

I need to do a real photoshoot of that thing one of these days. It'll make the sting of not getting the HT 1/6 version a little less painfull. :)

I've got the 03 version, the best one...

$(KGrHqN,!hUE6dChSTumBOrWZfP8tw~~60_3.JPG

Yep. Same one I got. :exactly:

I just won an auction for the 89 (2003 version) new, $102 shipped! :yess::yess:

I've been wanting this for close to 10 years and just in case I can't afford the HT one..... :pray:
Well done man - seriously!! :hi5:

I've wanted one of these for years too (regular black), & I've been checking eBay almost daily for a new boxed one that doesn't cost AUD $150 +, or have some insulting shipping price attached to it.

If BBTS are getting them again, that means the big chains might stock them too soon or later, no? :pray:

So, any news what the 2012 Elite Batmobile will look like?
I really hope it will be as nice as the original release from way back- which I passed up buying because I was short on cash. Still a stupid decision.:slap

I don't think its an "Elite". Weren't the elites the nasty ones with the gold trimming... what on earth x_o. This item is called Hot Wheels Heritage 1989 Batmobile.

BBTS has a stock picture and it looks just like the one released in 2003.

Also I think this should be hitting the shelves of big chain stores. My awesome local comic book store was able to pre-order one for me the other day. :yess:

I don't think its an "Elite". Weren't the elites the nasty ones with the gold trimming... what on earth x_o. This item is called Hot Wheels Heritage 1989 Batmobile.

I just went with the press release text that seemed to have been copied and pasted on various sites.

"Mattel has announced that they will be adding four new 1/43 scale vehicles to their Hot Wheels Elite Cult Classics collection! The new vehicles that will be revealed includes: a Bat-Pod from The Dark Knight, a Ghostbusters 2 Ecto-1A, a Knight Rider K.I.T.T., and a Tim Burton’s 1989 Batman Batmobile."

Back