Hot Tub Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I definitely want to check this out although I'm still in shock that John Cusack is in it. He doesn't seem to fit like the others do and definitely draws attention but in a negative way for me. I'll still give it a chance. Plus I heard that Jessica Paré gives a chestacular performance and I had a mad crush on her since the Jack and Bobby days.

I definitely want to check this out although I'm still in shock that John Cusack is in it. He doesn't seem to fit like the others do and definitely draws attention but in a negative way for me. I'll still give it a chance. Plus I heard that Jessica Paré gives a chestacular performance and I had a mad crush on her since the Jack and Bobby days.

:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture

Hell yeah! :rock

There was a time, in my late teens/early twenties that I could't stand it, but I later learned to appreciate it. Whenever I hear 80's music it brings back so many good memories now. :monkey2

80's music always makes me smile....and feel old. :lol :lol

"Oh look, it's the ********* from Karate Kid 3". :lol

:lol:lol
Doesn't one of the kids yells: "Get him a body bag! Yeah! "?

Hell yeah! :rock

There was a time, in my late teens/early twenties that I could't stand it, but I later learned to appreciate it. Whenever I hear 80's music it brings back so many good memories now. :monkey2

You know, the 80's music-wise were a bit weird for me...
Of course I was a huge fan of Michael Jackson (who wasn't?), but for the most part,
I kind of hated it... I didn't like all the mainstream radio music...
That's when I started listening Rock en Español, around 86...
I did however started listening to The Cure and Depeche Mode a lot though!

Nowadays, I kind of give the 80's more credit... as corny and cheesy as it was, I think it was pretty genuine, despite the over the top sound and look...
I guess it reminds me of the more innocent times... :monkey2

Actually Cusak's character is great IMO, it reminds me a bit of Paul Rudd's character in 40 year old Virgin.
And regarding the 2nd part of your statement... it's just beautiful!!
When I saw it, Craig Robinson stayed for a Q&A session after the film, and he said shooting that particular scene was his favorite ever!!
:lol!

Last edited:
Actually Cusak's character is greay IMO, it reminds me a bit of Paul Rudd's character in 40 year old Virgin...
Cusack was awesome, he was the glue that held the movie together, or maybe I'm just biased 'cause I've always loved the guy. No, he was just awesome, that's it. :D And I like Rudd, he's grown on me a lot, but no way Rudd touches Cusack, EVER. He will never have his 'Better Off Dead'. :D

Cusack being in the movie is even more of homage than Glover's appearance. Cusack is a teen 80s icon - you can't see the breakup poetry scene without thinking of Say Anything.

Back