Hot Toys, you're my only hope... No there is another... UU!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not counting Lando is racist.

jnjyxa31o8_thats_racist_animated1.gif
f.gif

So, still no HT Anakin Preview. I can only assume that they're now planning a SDCC reveal. If there's no SDCC reveal, that will be over 2 years since we first saw HT Luke, which screams line cancellation to me. Fingers crossed for SDCC.

So, still no HT Anakin Preview. I can only assume that they're now planning a SDCC reveal. If there's no SDCC reveal, that will be over 2 years since we first saw HT Luke, which screams line cancellation to me. Fingers crossed for SDCC.

this.. made me laugh..... so..very...hard....

Look even if its sort of absurd to think that the HT SW line would be canceled its pretty appalling to think that they are now a year behind on their supposed plan to release one figure per year. Especially with 57 iron mans this year.

Look even if its sort of absurd to think that the HT SW line would be canceled its pretty appalling to think that they are now a year behind on their supposed plan to release one figure per year. Especially with 57 iron mans this year.

Totally agree. one a year is hardly stellar. I'm glad I stayed strong on the iron man thing as I would have ended up with a room full of the same figure (sort of)

And even if they po it soon when will it arrive?

It's true the one a year thing was complete bS. It was too slow In the first place but since they are not keeping on track it's downright disappointing now.

I have and only will have one iron man. It's all ill ever need. The thing is I think they are in for a rude awakening here, i know they sold well in the past but this is pure over saturation of the market.

I'm not saying its not sort of releving not to have to buy so many figures at the moment but with Star Wars I can't afford to wait so long in between figures and have to put up with prequal releases in the middle, as much as I plan to buy a few of those too I want OT. I'm afraid they will never reach the characters I want at this rate, which is also why I started this thread to state Enterbay can help flush out my collection.

It's also why I don't want to see hot toys do figures like vader or stormtroopers. Not that they would not be better than sideshows efforts but with a few mods and upgrades most sideshow non humans fit the bill. Their humans are embarrassing though this is what Hot Toys needs to help on.

It's true the one a year thing was complete bS. It was too slow In the first place but since they are not keeping on track it's downright disappointing now.

I have and only will have one iron man. It's all ill ever need. The thing is I think they are in for a rude awakening here, i know they sold well in the past but this is pure over saturation of the market.

I'm not saying its not sort of releving not to have to buy so many figures at the moment but with Star Wars I can't afford to wait so long in between figures and have to put up with prequal releases in the middle, as much as I plan to buy a few of those too I want OT. I'm afraid they will never reach the characters I want at this rate, which is also why I started this thread to state Enterbay can help flush out my collection.

It's also why I don't want to see hot toys do figures like vader or stormtroopers. Not that they would not be better than sideshows efforts but with a few mods and upgrades most sideshow non humans fit the bill. Their humans are embarrassing though this is what Hot Toys needs to help on.

Agreed 100%.

And regarding Iron Man, I have no issue with the movies, the figures, the fans... but it is a very dangerous game to flood the market like this for short term gain. They are losing customers interest in all their other lines. Soon all they will have left are the many variations of whatever Marvel movies lie ahead.

For example: Prometheus, when they ever actually get around to releasing their Shaw figure (only one I would imagine) it's sales will have been hugely impacted by the ridiculous delay. People just lose interest after a while. Thats a financial lose right there, and the killing of a potential series of figures, for what? Iron Man mark XXXVVIIIXX.2 ? Which probably won't come out itself until Avengers 2 is already being promoted? Crazy...

Yeah.. it's hard to not become cynical. :lol

They seem to be going about things really bizarrely.

That said, there may very well likely be a large demand for the Iron Man stuff in the Asian market - plus the possibility that they're trying to target a younger demographic that have money to spend, seeing places like China are now becoming one of the biggest & fastest growing economies in the world.

Food for thought..

Last edited:
If Prometheus featured predominantly red and gold costuming, figures would more than likely already have been released. Just saying. ;)

If Prometheus featured predominantly red and gold costuming, figures would more than likely already have been released. Just saying. ;)

No kidding!

But yup its totally right about totally missing the boat on popularity look what happened with Avatar, that thing still sits on the shelf at my LCS. Had it come out around the time the DVD was releasing i bet it would be sold out now.

With First Class, if Xavier ever comes out Days of the Future Past will be out, that's not an exaggeration actually either, the movie is close to release date. And hell that IS a Marvel movie too!

Back