Hot Toys, you're my only hope... No there is another... UU!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only Enterbay figure i have currently is movie goku, and I must admit, he is VERY nice.

NOT UU figure pricerange nice, but as it's an older figure, i'd not expect it to be.

UU looks like a joke compared with Hot Toys in the Star Wars arena so far.
$300 joke (although the Hasbro boots are swell)
Star-Wars-16-Scale-12-UU-Action-Figure-Luke-Skywalker-Episode-IV-14342227-5.jpeg

$300 figure
DX+07+Luke+Skywalker+%2528Bespin+Outfit%2529+1.jpg

They think the same thing that sony thinks about themselves.
That becuase they're medicom and enterbay, they can charge whatever they like.

Medi have a strong Asian following - I'm guessing, which perhaps balances out their presence in the wider market.

Charging what you like is fine, but once demand for your items starts to dry up.. you become a toothless tiger. :lol

Well.. I was lumping UU in there as well. :lol

ROTJ Han seems to be a bit of a breakthrough now, so maybe they'll do a Leia next that'll have us lining up in stampede numbers, who knows. She'll probably be too small though, I imagine..

Medi prices are not so inflated over seas. I will never buy a UU or MEDI fig from SS. I just bought Vader for 208$ shipped from amiami. And the UU Han is 240$ shipped, (still kinda high) I think it's SS doing the price hikes. That's over 100 dollars difference. (ami's 3po and r2 are also well under 200$ shipped)

Also i would buy the UU Han in two seconds if i didn't know HT has one planned. (might anyway) And no mods needed for me i like it stock!

If UU comes out with Ben or Emperor forget it i will cave.

UU are not my thing. I'm having a hard time accepting their face sculpts. More like a manga rendition of the character than anything else.

What mods need to be done to the UU Han anyway. Kinda tired of buying figure just to have to buy other stuff to make them look good.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, I get that but what about this switching out the body thing. Is the UU in scale? Plus I'd rather have a Bespin Han so I'd have to hunt down an SS vest or just buy the figure. Does the vest work with the UU?

Yeah, I get that but what about this switching out the body thing. Is the UU in scale? Plus I'd rather have a Bespin Han so I'd have to hunt down an SS vest or just buy the figure. Does the vest work with the UU?

The UU is in pretty perfect scale, just that the body it comes with is too skinny looking, I put mine over onto a new HT skinny TT mixed with regular legs and it looks great, and yes the Bespin vest looks great on him.
Mixing the SS accessories with the UU gives you a really good Solo, best we have seen so far.
:yess:

At $300, the UU figures aren't going to be anyone's saving grace.

Ray, didn't you say you got it at wholesale price?? I mean, you probably wouldn't even have purchased it had it not been on discount. If every figure I bought cost $50 less than I had paid for it, I'd think each one was pretty damn good.

At $300, the UU figures aren't going to be anyone's saving grace.

Ray, didn't you say you got it at wholesale price?? I mean, you probably wouldn't even have purchased it had it not been on discount. If every figure I bought cost $50 less than I had paid for it, I'd think each one was pretty damn good.

I did get a break yup and there's NO way I'm defending the price at all, but after having it and making the Han have now I'd be pretty hard pressed to want to let it go for even 300.

The AmiAmi price I think is a fair compromise, after having it and being happy with it and seeing what they are offering for it I'd grab it in a second now.

Medi prices are not so inflated over seas. I will never buy a UU or MEDI fig from SS. I just bought Vader for 208$ shipped from amiami. And the UU Han is 240$ shipped, (still kinda high) I think it's SS doing the price hikes. That's over 100 dollars difference. (ami's 3po and r2 are also well under 200$ shipped)
True actually..

Our local Aussie distributors have them available for stupidly high prices.

I noticed HLJ has / had a Medi sale, & those prices were alright.

One obvious thing is the bottom lip.

HT over exaggerated it with the Indy, but the UU Han's is slightly the opposite - it needs filling out a tad. The scowl is a little much too, they could've done a 'stern yet focused' expression, instead of angry. :huh

Back