Hot Toys, you're my only hope... No there is another... UU!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Imo, most of the characters on this poster are essential basics for a III - VI trilogy Star Wars collection,
think there is a lot of potential for future releases, this would be my order of priotity:

940878_640946729253624_1217893537_n.jpg

Source: https://www.facebook.com/TolerantPeople?hc_location=timeline

Darth Vader
A lot of potentilal for a Hot Toys DX figure for example and I think / hope the DX07 Luke's exclusive helmet was a clear statement into this direction. :yess:
Now that the Medicom 2.0 is almost sold out, it would even make more sense!

Luke Skywalker
DX07: check!

C-3PO & R2-D2
Finally a set of these two in accurate 1/6 scale would be great, maybe with a little weathering.
Looking at Hot Toys's Iron Man figures, the droids shouldn't be a problem for them as well.

Stormtroopers (at least two)
Think one Stormtrooper alone is always a little displaced, but still better than no Stormtrooper, as in my collection. :(
Prices for previous releases are very high on the aftermarket and I think there would be quite a demand.
Also a lot of potential for a DX here, maybe a version like the Kotobukiya version with the Luke Skywalker head would be possible. :dunno

Princess Leia
Nothing more to say about than: Has there ever been an accurate Leia figure?
The headsculpt would be a great challange for Hot Toys imo, too!

Han Solo
Think the Ultimate Unison / Enterbay version looks better on the in hand photos than on the product photos but still a lot of potential.
Ford's head seems difficult to be scuplted so I'm curious to see the

Chewbacca
Artificial hair fur like on some custom creation in this thread: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14144
would be an instant buy.

Yoda
Think Sideshow's is fine already.

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Also sold out in 1/6, new improved releases would make sense, too.

Think when the new Star Wars movies are teased, it'll become an intersting time.
Ther'll be figures of the new movies for sure, just hope that this will also bring some new focus on the epic "old" Star Wars saga, too.

Last edited:
Empire is my favorite Star Wars movie. I would like a Vader with the reactor room window to go with Luke. A Han Solo with the torture rack or carbonite block. Leia in the red dress with the alternate white bespin outfit. Chewbacca with dismantled C-3PO. A C-#PO and R2-D2 set and Lando with alternate Han Solo outfit from the end of the movie.

Empire is my favorite Star Wars movie. I would like a Vader with the reactor room window to go with Luke. A Han Solo with the torture rack or carbonite block. Leia in the red dress with the alternate white bespin outfit. Chewbacca with dismantled C-3PO. A C-#PO and R2-D2 set and Lando with alternate Han Solo outfit from the end of the movie.

That would all be great, too!
Espespially the Chewy, like this one, right?

Chewbacca_and_c3po.jpg

Source: https://swmerchandise.wikia.com/wiki/Saga_Collection_Chewbacca_with_Electronic_C-3PO

Pirate; have you not seen the new Tamashii C-3PO?? He's covered now. :exactly:

They're also doing an R2. :yess:

The SSC Yoda isn't great.. sorry, not a fan. The Medicom Yoda is a better representation for my money.

Totally agree on Vader though - he definitely needs the HT DX treatment.

Imo, most of the characters on this poster are essential basics for a III - VI trilogy Star Wars collection,
think there is a lot of potential for future releases, this would be my order of priotity:

Darth Vader
A lot of potentilal for a Hot Toys DX figure for example and I think / hope the DX07 Luke's exclusive helmet was a clear statement into this direction. :yess:

Luke Skywalker

C-3PO & R2-D2
Finally a set of these two in accurate 1/6 scale would be great, maybe with a little weathering.
Looking at Hot Toys's Iron Man figures, the droids shouldn't be a problem for them as well.

Think one Stormtrooper alone is always a little displaced, but still better than no Stormtrooper, as in my collection. :(
Prices for previous releases are very high on the aftermarket and I think there would be quite a demand.
Also a lot of potential for a DX here, maybe a version like the Kotobukiya version with the Luke Skywalker head would be possible. :dunno

Princess Leia

Han Solo
Think the Ultimate Unison / Enterbay version looks better on the in hand photos than on the product photos but still a lot of potential.

Chewbacca
Artificial hair fur like on some custom creation in this thread: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14144
would be an instant buy.

Yoda

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Think when the new Star Wars movies are teased, it'll become an intersting time.
Ther'll be figures of the new movies for sure, just hope that this will also bring some new focus on the epic "old" Star Wars saga, too.

Some comments.

The only thing that really makes a DX, a DX, is a bigger box, and moveable eyes, as well as a DIO base.

Not sure Vader really needs moveable eyes. a " large" regular release would be sufficent... HOWEVER, I think Hot toys stated that ALL SW releases they do will be DX pieces, so who knows.

on the note of hot toys Star wars, there are Limitations.

Those limitations are that they can only do figures sideshow has ALREADY released, or has no intention of Doing ANY time soon.

It is also believed that sideshow holds "veto" power over any release Hot toys wants to do, to cover " secret releases" they might have planed. ( Think SDCC, or SWC exclusives)

The SSC Yoda isn't great.. sorry, not a fan. The Medicom Yoda is a better representation for my money.

He did say ACCURATE versions of 3P0.

I kid, i kid.

I would like to see Hot toys take a stab a them, regardless. Tamishii 3P0 is nice, but ultimately too heavy for my glass shelves.

As for R2, hasn't he ALREADY been shown, and is TERRIBLY underscaled? Hope they fix that, as awesome a job as they did on 3P0, I'd love to see them do a properly scaled R2 to partner with him.

I kid, i kid.

I would like to see Hot toys take a stab a them, regardless. Tamishii 3P0 is nice, but ultimately too heavy for my glass shelves.

As for R2, hasn't he ALREADY been shown, and is TERRIBLY underscaled? Hope they fix that, as awesome a job as they did on 3P0, I'd love to see them do a properly scaled R2 to partner with him.
You better be kidding. :tap :lol

Of course - R2's a WIP, but I bet the bugs get ironed out fine.. after all, they have a scholar on board don't they? :lol

Saw the Tamashii and I think it looks great but even though it's probably worth it's money due to the metal die-cast I don't know yet if I would spend the extra money if there might be an accurate 1/6 version made of plastic for about minus $150 one day.

Didn't know they are also bringing an R2 as well - are there any previews out already?

When I got my Joda I was torn between both :blissy but finally decided for Sideshow's. Imo both have their advantages in accuracy so it's as usual different in the eye of each collector :1-1:.

Some comments.

The only thing that really makes a DX, a DX, is a bigger box, and moveable eyes, as well as a DIO base.

Not sure Vader really needs moveable eyes. a " large" regular release would be sufficent... HOWEVER, I think Hot toys stated that ALL SW releases they do will be DX pieces, so who knows.

Think you're right, Vader wouldn't really need movable eyes for most of the collectors displaying him with the helmet but I wouldn't be surprised if he still get's moveable eyes under it. :lol

on the note of hot toys Star wars, there are Limitations.

Those limitations are that they can only do figures sideshow has ALREADY released, or has no intention of Doing ANY time soon.

It is also believed that sideshow holds "veto" power over any release Hot toys wants to do, to cover " secret releases" they might have planed. ( Think SDCC, or SWC exclusives)

Not so sure about that, from what I read here:

https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150361992987492

They just announced this way of fairness but I think they don't have to.
If we really see a DX Han Solo this year while Sideshow's is still available, I think this speaks another language.

I kid, i kid.

:lol Well, that's another aspect I have to take into consideration now. :hi5:

Think that's one of the most important aspects, how the both look in relation. Think Medicom's were not to bad but seeing how undersized R2 is was really sad.

You better be kidding. :tap :lol

Of course - R2's a WIP, but I bet the bugs get ironed out fine.. after all, they have a scholar on board don't they? :lol

Let's hope so! :hi5:

Yep just like that one. It would make for a great figure set

Indeed! If it doesn't come like this, great custom to be done!

I really would like for hot toys to be able to get out one figure a year. I know they have Anakin announced and Han Solo but it would be nice to know both were out before the next movie hit theaters.

In response to Pirate.

There is another interview with Howard from somewhere where he says exactly what I posted above. No idea where exactly it is, but There is a link to it somewhere in the Luke thread.

It does confirm they're dx only in that one thought, neet to see that confirmed at least. We do know from sideshow that its a sub-lease from them to hot toys, and can be revoked by them at any time.

Also also, Howard already told us that they would follow an OT, PT, OT, PT release schedule.

Also also also, they told us the next two are going to be Anakin some time next year, with Han released the year after Anakin, and then Padme the year after Han.

What Han Solo from sideshow are you talking about? I was unaware they had one for sale currently?

Last edited:
In response to Pirate.

There is another interview with Howard from somewhere where he says exactly what I posted above. No idea where exactly it is, but There is a link to it somewhere in the Luke thread.

It does confirm they're dx only in that one thought, neet to see that confirmed at least. We do know from sideshow that its a sub-lease from them to hot toys, and can be revoked by them at any time.

Also also, Howard already told us that they would follow an OT, PT, OT, PT release schedule.

Also also also, they told us the next two are going to be Anakin some time next year, with Han released the year after Anakin, and then Padme the year after Han.

What Han Solo from sideshow are you talking about? I was unaware they had one for sale currently?

He probably means the Medi/Rah ROTJ one.

I really like the headsculpt on that new Med/EB Han in that new pic, but the hair is so terrible, it ruins the figure for me. Also, it seems that these UU figures are being released at the same pace as Hot Toys is releasing theirs.

Darth Vader

Luke Skywalker

C-3PO & R2-D2

Princess Leia

Han Solo

Chewbacca
would be an instant buy.

Yoda

Obi-Wan Kenobi

I agree. With the exception of Grand moff Tarkin

In response to Pirate.

He probably means the Medi/Rah ROTJ one.

Okay now I got this better and you're right, somehow confounded that and thought the recent Sulo was by Sideshow :slap.

I agree. With the exception of Grand moff Tarkin

Grand Moff Tarkin - not on my list, too. :hi5:

I agree that poster has most of the key guys but keep in mind it's still missing some major players like Yoda and Lando.

I consider them main characters very much so. Stormtrooper also, I know it's not one guy per say, but as an icon of Star Wars I'd say its damn important.

But me personally, I definitely think key secondary characters are worthy of a tight core Star Wars collection. This includes Tarkin, Boba Fett and maybe Wedge.

But I'm happy with my modded offerings of vader, Fett and Stormtrooper from sideshow.

My main list of what's left for now includes Leia (ANH, ESB Bespin and ROTJ, lets say Slave) Obi Wan, Luke (ANH and Jedi), Han (ANH), Yoda (though my modded Medicom I could also live with), Lando (let's not go deeper than Bespin, it's just overkill) Chewbacca (I enjoy the non slicked Chewie a bit better) and R2 (but he's coming so we can scratch him off the list)

I agree with that list, but I'd also like to see a Skiff Disguise Lando, although since he has his face covered, Sideshow could probably do it just as well. I also think the basic Stormtrooper is in dire need of a 2.0.

I'd also like R2 and 3PO that don't cost $400 a piece, but I might just settle for the medicoms. And I can never have too many Cantina or Jabba aliens.

Yeah, I think all the truly "core" Star Wars characters appeared in A New Hope, with the exception of Yoda. This includes Storm Troopers, because they are so iconic, and Vader can't stand alone. Emperor may be included in that list, but maybe not. Lando is a strong second tier character to my eyes. As is Tarkin, Boba Fett, Jaba, and, sadly, Ewoks. I don't like Ewoks, but you can't argue that they weren't incredibly important to the 3rd film. I would say Wedge is about on par with Ackbar.

I'd still like to see a Jedi knight Luke. I don't like the bespin look that much but I'm gonna buy it because that may be the best Luke we ever get (at least for the next 10 years or so). I'm pretty happy with sideshow non-human characters (in suits or aliens) actually. Sure, the ht versions would be better but they're good enough for me. My most wanted fig right now is a Leia dx. Hoth and Slave versions.

Back