Hot Toys working on an Iron Monger?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol I agree regarding busts, never understood that appetite myself. As for Cap, I think he is a steal considering the detail of his suit, he also isn't part of the HT IM line so I won't use him as an example for pricing.

If we look at the pricing of the HT IM line, most of the recent IM armors have retailed for ~$200+shipping, so let's say ~$220 at your door. Fair? If we can agree on that, and you expect Monger to be double that would price him at ~$440 at your door which isn't far from where he's at now.

no no no. youre talking " i bought my iron man too late" prices. ( and factoring in shipping, which were not doing for monger, yet.) i got both mark 4 and warmachine for for 180. even mark vi was 190.

so dont be crazy. haha

or else...
THATS IT WERE FIGHTING :panic::panic::panic:
memes-sup-bro.jpg

no no no. youre talking " i bought my iron man too late" prices. ( and factoring in shipping, which were not doing for monger, yet.) i got both mark 4 and warmachine for for 180. even mark vi was 190.

so dont be crazy. haha

or else...
THATS IT WERE FIGHTING :panic::panic::panic:
memes-sup-bro.jpg

Ok I double checked: the Mark IV & War Machine retailed at $180+shipping, the Mark VI retailed at $209 +shipping, the Mark IV SDCC retailed at $214.99+shipping.

The latest releases retail over $200 so they aren't "bought too late pricing" :D

Ok I double checked: the Mark IV & War Machine retailed at $180+shipping, the Mark VI retailed at $209 +shipping, the Mark IV SDCC retailed at $214.99+shipping.

The latest releases retail over $200 so they aren't "bought too late pricing" :D

right its an escalation that will continue with monger. and i did not pay 209 for my mark vi.
youre not talking corner store comics. (their site wont load right now for some reason, but i know i paid 180.00 or 190.00
or even BBTS 199.00

and the secret project was an exclusive, so of course it was more.

so im saying 400 max.

dont you want to pay less? why are you fighting for higher prices? im talking about worth, not just love for the character which its obv. you have. i used to think hot toys were the ebst purchases, because i really felt they were actually WORTH what i paid. and i cant see monger being WORTH over 400, in tooling, material cost, employee work... its just an insane chunk of money.

Timing will be the big dependent on this. I want it without a doubt but my 2012 budget will solely be devoted to The Avengers as I expect a full HT line including the Hulk. If I have to choose between this and the Green Goliath, there is no real choice.

right its an escalation that will continue with monger. and i did not pay 209 for my mark vi.
youre not talking corner store comics. (their site wont load right now for some reason, but i know i paid 180.00 or 190.00
or even BBTS 199.00

and the secret project was an exclusive, so of course it was more.

so im saying 400 max.

dont you want to pay less? why are you fighting for higher prices? im talking about worth, not just love for the character which its obv. you have. i used to think hot toys were the ebst purchases, because i really felt they were actually WORTH what i paid. and i cant see monger being WORTH over 400, in tooling, material cost, employee work... its just an insane chunk of money.

I'm using Side Shows site for reference since that's where I shop primarily. At any rate, it's not my intention to fight with you about the price as I've said before I'd love to get this for free :D

I'm using Side Shows site for reference since that's where I shop primarily. At any rate, it's not my intention to fight with you about the price as I've said before I'd love to get this for free :D

ok.

first of all. stop ordering for sideshow. unless like you are fighting for

( jk)

you like to pay more.

just look at the price of the gantry on sideshow vs alter ego...

:1-1:

OK finally got into CSC website.

mark IV was actually 160!
mark vi was 188!
mark V ( best) was 188!

so not only do they have great prices, but thats the norm... thats what i want doubled for monger. no more than that.

ok.

first of all. stop ordering for sideshow. unless like you are fighting for

( jk)

you like to pay more.

just look at the price of the gantry on sideshow vs alter ego...

:1-1:

OK finally got into CSC website.

mark IV was actually 160!
mark vi was 188!
mark V ( best) was 188!

so not only do they have great prices, but thats the norm... thats what i want doubled for monger. no more than that.

I like the SSC rewards system, and they've been top notch with any QC issue I've had so I'm happy. Also, wasn't CSC the toy boards site flooded with reports of hundreds of ID thefts not long ago? Thanks, but saving a few bucks there isn't worth the risk for me.

Regardless of where we shop, you're right that $450 is a nice chunk of money. Some will justify it and others won't and each have their reasons. All I know is that I expected a 400-450 price range and it fell in here so I'm not complaining. I'm excited this is actually being made available and it looks to be absolutely stellar when we get our hands on it. That's worth the price for me. :monkey3

I like the SSC rewards system, and they've been top notch with any QC issue I've had so I'm happy. Also, wasn't CSC the toy boards site flooded with reports of hundreds of ID thefts not long ago? Thanks, but saving a few bucks there isn't worth the risk for me.

Regardless of where we shop, you're right that $450 is a nice chunk of money. Some will justify it and others won't and each have their reasons. All I know is that I expected a 400-450 price range and it fell in here so I'm not complaining. I'm excited this is actually being made available and it looks to be absolutely stellar when we get our hands on it. That's worth the price for me. :monkey3

csc had a break in a long time ago, but they handled it from what i ehard, and also allow you to just use paypal now if youre afraid of that happening, and their customer service is OUT OF THIS WORLD! my thors helmet came broke, i emailed them, and they sent me a new one that day, FREE didnt even have to send back the broken one. try it out man. they are great, if the price diff is great enough i highly recomend.

but yeah no points.

csc had a break in a long time ago, but they handled it from what i ehard, and also allow you to just use paypal now if youre afraid of that happening, and their customer service is OUT OF THIS WORLD! my thors helmet came broke, i emailed them, and they sent me a new one that day, FREE didnt even have to send back the broken one. try it out man. they are great, if the price diff is great enough i highly recomend.

but yeah no points.

If I tell them "Bishart sent me" do i get $100 off my gantry pre-order? :monkey3

I stumbled across these proto pics while digging through the Mark ii AUV thread.

That looks like a full 1/6 Obi figure standing to the left + an Obi in the Iron Monger suit to me! :panic:

P1010022_resize_resize.jpg

5290097793_a5d2428a99_o.jpg

5290097671_302010db8e_o.jpg

That suit towers over the figure! :panic:

I think the one on top was created by some other company that got a cease and desist order from Hot Toys for trying to create an unlicensed Iron Monger figure.

I'm sorry, but yeah I'm pretty sure that's what it is. The unlicensed Obidiah figure's upper torso comes off of the lower body and fits in the Iron Monger frame if I remember correctly. The good news is that the Hot Toys one looks a lot better.

Last edited:
:lol It's all good. That's interesting info about the removable torso, maybe HT will include a pair of legs with the sculpt+torso after all to dislpay a full Obi figure. That would make me happy for sure :pray:

:lol It's all good. That's interesting info about the removable torso, maybe HT will include a pair of legs with the sculpt+torso after all to dislpay a full Obi figure. That would make me happy for sure :pray:

I suggested this very idea a few pages back ..i'm pretty certain this is how they will do it.:lecture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back