Hot Toys working on an Iron Monger?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Np, here's one by bandito:

post-5392-1311200667.jpg

Yeah I think this is my favorite shot of the convention (shame its not clear)

Not only do you see how big Iron Monger is, but also how impressive the gantry is next to other 1/6 figures.

I wondering if the full Obadiah Stane figure fits inside Iron Monger or will we have to seperate the torso to make him fit properly?
This is the hot debate right now. I'm leaning toward the side of a torso being included to sit inside the Monger suit. But I wouldn't rule out HT including an extra full True Type body with this set so you could display a 1/6 Obi along side the Monger suit :pray:

This is the hot debate right now. I'm leaning toward the side of a torso being included to sit inside the Monger suit. But I wouldn't rule out HT including an extra full True Type body with this set so you could display a 1/6 Obi along side the Monger suit :pray:

If they only include the Torso and Head, I am thinking they will not be removable from the Monger (although someone will Mod that, of course:)).

If they only include the Torso and Head, I am thinking they will not be removable from the Monger (although someone will Mod that, of course:)).

You might be right. Making the torso immovable and as part of the design of the Monger suit and only the Obi sculpt removable to display on a TT body would be very practical. :lecture

Josh, if you're still in the forums, I hope you read this...

Can you take a few good pics of the Mk.III 1:2 maquette? (If you haven't already, that is).

Thanks buddy.

Think I got a couple. Will have to go through them though.

Thanks man. I'm willing to pay that.

insanity.... i bought my first car for 500 bucks and it lasted me over a year, this is an 18 inch action figure...

its amazing i want it more than any other figure announced dont get me wrong. but hot toys is raping us. they know we will pay it, and they have stopped charging what the item is worth and started charging what they know we will dish out, based on scalpor auctions on ebay... its crappy. going to be the end for alot of us.

insanity.... i bought my first car for 500 bucks and it lasted me over a year, this is an 18 inch action figure...

its amazing i want it more than any other figure announced dont get me wrong. but hot toys is raping us. they know we will pay it, and they have stopped charging what the item is worth and started charging what they know we will dish out, based on scalpor auctions on ebay... its crappy. going to be the end for alot of us.

The figure looks 20 inches tall and is a monster, how much did you think it would retail at? Plus, we don't know all the info about what will be shipped with this set that may help justify the cost. People pay $300+ routinely for 1/6 Medicom figures or upwards of $1k for the HT tumbler on the secondary market and it hasn't been the end of days.

The figure looks 20 inches tall and is a monster, how much did you think it would retail at? Plus, we don't know all the info about what will be shipped with this set that may help justify the cost. People pay $300+ routinely for 1/6 Medicom figures or upwards of $1k for the HT tumbler on the secondary market and it hasn't been the end of days.

the secondary market yes of course ( we talked about this before...) and people are overpaying for medicom then.
i know most people on here are insane and buy 300-400 BUSTS.

BUSTS!

are you kidding me?

i would pay 400 MAX for this thing, but THINK it should be around 300.
thats what i expect. when a figure as insanely tailored as captain america, or as detailed as war machine goes for 150 or 180 i expect monger to be about double... thats reasonable to me. 300 or a little over. 400 and up is too much i THINK.
just my opinion. anything higher than that should be left for the ones who were too scared to pull the trigger when it was available and have to eat it on ebay.

the secondary market yes of course ( we talked about this before...) and people are overpaying for medicom then.
i know most people on here are insane and buy 300-400 BUSTS.

BUSTS!

are you kidding me?

i would pay 400 MAX for this thing, but THINK it should be around 300.
thats what i expect. when a figure as insanely tailored as captain america, or as detailed as war machine goes for 150 or 180 i expect monger to be about double... thats reasonable to me. 300 or a little over. 400 and up is too much i THINK.
just my opinion. anything higher than that should be left for the ones who were too scared to pull the trigger when it was available and have to eat it on ebay.
:lol I agree regarding busts, never understood that appetite myself. As for Cap, I think he is a steal considering the detail of his suit, he also isn't part of the HT IM line so I won't use him as an example for pricing.

If we look at the pricing of the HT IM line, most of the recent IM armors have retailed for ~$200+shipping, so let's say ~$220 at your door. Fair? If we can agree on that, and you expect Monger to be double that would price him at ~$440 at your door which isn't far from where he's at now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back