Hot Toys working on an Iron Monger?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they gave you an option to buy Iron Monger without Stane, I can see a $300 price tag. After all you're paying $450 for a two pack, and they aren't just giving away the Stane figure for free even if you don't care for him. It's kind of like $300 for Iron Monger and $150 for Stane.. Still a bit pricey, but honesty it's about the right mark.

It's $450 for Iron Monger + Stane two pack, not $450 for Iron Monger. There's a huge difference there.

thats assuming stane comes out. which i am GUESSING he doesnt.

thats assuming stane comes out. which i am GUESSING he doesnt.
Lower TT torso/legs, pants, shoes.... should cost pennies for HT to provided.

Connect to the lower body out of armour option is not too hard to do. I'll even do it, if HT did not do so.

Lower TT torso/legs, pants, shoes.... should cost pennies for HT to provided.

Connect to the lower body out of armour option is not too hard to do. I'll even do it if HT did not do so.

I like your thinking! :hi5:

Well this thread deserves this post too..

..inside the HT office...

HT: Hey, we have a new figure to release this 3rd qtr, let's talk about price. (discussions...) Ok, let's price this one for $180. It's reasonable don't you guys think?

HT: Let's check SSC forums first coz you never know what those geeks are willing to pay for. Say, let's reveal a teaser first....

HT: (checks SSC forums..) Wow! people actually wants to pay $400 for this! Ok proceed with the $400 price tag! (end discussion)

HT: :hi5:

Collectors: :slap

Collectors unite! Listen up HT! We want the Iron Monger priced at 270-280 flat! Or else you can go suck it!

:nana:

Wow look at that, they listened to you and it's now $280. :D

Well this thread deserves this post too..

..inside the HT office...

HT: Hey, we have a new figure to release this 3rd qtr, let's talk about price. (discussions...) Ok, let's price this one for $180. It's reasonable don't you guys think?

HT: Let's check SSC forums first coz you never know what those geeks are willing to pay for. Say, let's reveal a teaser first....

HT: (checks SSC forums..) Wow! people actually wants to pay $400 for this! Ok proceed with the $400 price tag! (end discussion)

HT: :hi5:

Collectors: :slap

You're delusional if you think a Chinese company is checking an English forum to decide their pricing structure. They know what they're going to charge before the public ever sees these things cause they know what it will cost to mass produce them

If Avatar was 300 how could this be the same price? Theres way more material in this product then Avatar.

I agree this is expensive but I don't think they're ripping us off. They are probably compensating for the fact that they can't sell this figure twice (no Battle damage, Poka-dot version. And its already Gun-metal grey) So this is a one off. Which they built from scratch. And Bravo to them for having the balls to do it. Its a very risky investment, they can't just give it away.

However the Batmobile is a total rip :pfft:

Well, we never really know. Who's to say they don't have people assigned to check on feedback on forums and such and who's to say guesstimates and "I'll pay whatever price this one goes" discussions don't happen on chinese forums.

The other thing is there are still a ton of consumers who don't post or otherwise communicate their thoughts on pricing. So it may not be wise to engage in course of conduct based on the opinions of a few die-hard bloggers.

the batmobile looks AWESOME but yes, just a little too pricey, and you're screwed if you buy it overseas as customs would have fun processing it

well maybe its not the actual real price. That guy didn't give any source for his info. Its like he just walked in and slapped everyone in the thread and walked out :gah:

The Obidiah figure is still not even prototyped... I have a feeling this figure is a LOOOONG way from announcement.

Not necessarily, remember they had no problem soliciting the actual Mark IV figure without ever showing the Tony sculpt until right before release. I could easily see them putting this figure out with the blurred face until it's ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back