1/6 Hot Toys Wonder Woman Training Armor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Buffinator, can you post a close-up shot of Mike’s lasso attached, please. My WW came in yesterday, but I can’t for the life of me figure out how you did that. I’d appreciate it. Thanks.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but what’s the point of the little wrap that’s meant to go on the left bicep? As I recall, I don’t think she ever had that on during the training scene.

Apparently it's supposed to be the bandage that the nurse put on her arm afterwards. It's definitely an odd choice, although I guess some might like a more "battle-damaged" look for her.

Apparently it's supposed to be the bandage that the nurse put on her arm afterwards. It's definitely an odd choice, although I guess some might like a more "battle-damaged" look for her.

Ah ok, makes sense. I recently watched the entire training and beach battle sequence on YT while searching for poses, and never saw it.

Strange choice like you said, but I suppose it does lend to a more BD motif for those who prefer that.

Buffinator, can you post a close-up shot of Mike’s lasso attached, please. My WW came in yesterday, but I can’t for the life of me figure out how you did that. I’d appreciate it. Thanks.

Here you go. I just used a tiny, flat head screwdriver to slowly work it under the belt, making sure the head of the screwdriver contacted the strap such that any mark I made would be hidden under the belt. One of those plastic screwdrivers they give us for installing batteries would likely work too. Hold the skirt down with you thumb so it's nice and smooth & doesn't bunch up while you're doing it. As Mike indicated, he made the strap lead longer than needed, so it will likely hang lower then you'd like when you attach it the first time. Simply remove it, trim as needed and repeat the process.

p.s. - Assemble the lasso to the strap first. If you wait 'til after, you'll likely dislodge it from the belt...like I did the first time! :lol

lasso1.jpeg

lasso2.jpeg

Ah ok, makes sense. I recently watched the entire training and beach battle sequence on YT while searching for poses, and never saw it.

Strange choice like you said, but I suppose it does lend to a more BD motif for those who prefer that.

Actually I got that slightly wrong. I was rewatching the movie last night and she's wearing the bandage when they're interrogating Steve, and then later on the nurse removes it and notices how quickly it's healed. You barely even notice it though, so it still seems like an odd choice to include... especially over something like the lasso! Lol

gfddy.JPG

I also noticed by the way that one could recreate this cool look as well-- the TA head on the JL body with cloak, for when we first see her in the costume.

ggjjj88.JPGwomderwoman-movie-screencaps.com-4181.jpg

Actually I got that slightly wrong. I was rewatching the movie last night and she's wearing the bandage when they're interrogating Steve, and then later on the nurse removes it and notices how quickly it's healed. You barely even notice it though, so it still seems like an odd choice to include... especially over something like the lasso! Lol

View attachment 425061

I also noticed by the way that one could recreate this cool look as well-- the TA head on the JL body with cloak, for when we first see her in the costume.

View attachment 425062View attachment 425063

That’s my first pose I want to do with the JL robe and TA sculpt

Oh nice. I didn’t realize she had her standard WW armor and the TA hairstyle in a scene. Been awhile since I’ve seen the film in its entirety.

That’d be a really cool combo.

After rewatching the movie it's also a bit more frustrating that they didn't include a training sword and shield. It just seems weird now putting her in any action pose with the God Killer when she didn't even use it in that outfit.

But oh well, that aside this is still an amazing figure. And it's so nice to be able to pose a WW figure without needing to constantly futz the hair as well. :D I was also able to get the arms a bit closer to her side, by angling them back and turning her elbows inward a bit first. As usual with HT the lips are way too dark so think I'll have to lighten those up at some point, and I'd also like to darken the end of her skirt more like it should be.

Anyway here's a bunch of random pics I just took.

20180901_125022 (567x925).jpg

20180901_125003 (664x925).jpg

20180901_131458 (643x925).jpg

20180901_131128 (671x925).jpg

20180901_140451 (591x925).jpg

20180901_135246 (564x925).jpg

20180901_135233 (559x925).jpg

Oh nice. I didn’t realize she had her standard WW armor and the TA hairstyle in a scene. Been awhile since I’ve seen the film in its entirety.

That’d be a really cool combo.

Yeah she didn’t even put the tiara on until “ No Man’s Land “

But that bath scene and briefly on the boat she’s wearing the robe with her hair pulled back. When she was in London she had the robe and armor but no tiara and her hair was down.

I’m finally happy, all 3 versions that I wanted from the WW film:

af0bf28ce7ec7482eab08087b29c1e55.jpg
69f5ab9e948dd016ea5da9ed819eea24.png
1716a0808c4886a6bc872b6b23a9589c.png
2c146476ba7c54d060c84139f4be616c.png

Why hasn’t Hot Toys announced a WW film Steve Trevor?
Hope that Steve Trevor isn’t going to be like Bespin Han (as in we never get him)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice. That’s pretty much the display I hope to end up with as well. Except the cloak on the JL figure and the BvS version remaining as the BvS version.

I’m still mixing and matching ...

Would love to get an extra training armor head sculpt, and put it on the cloak version, like when she’s leaving the island and her mother stopped her before she goes:

9a7596c7d6fc47bd59eb32b430848b14.jpg

I’m finally happy, all 3 versions that I wanted from the WW film:

af0bf28ce7ec7482eab08087b29c1e55.jpg

That's what I'm planning on as well, but the JL figure will also be sporting the TA shield. I'd love to pose her a la when she fended off the barrage of bullets in No Man's Land, but alas that's probably not feasible given the articulation.

no-mans-land.gif

I have an extra TA stand on the way so I don't have to use the bulky JL one. I may ditch the BvS stand as well - I'm running out of room in my Detolfs.

I’m still mixing and matching ...

Would love to get an extra training armor head sculpt, and put it on the cloak version, like when she’s leaving the island and her mother stopped her before she goes:

9a7596c7d6fc47bd59eb32b430848b14.jpg

Love your pics! The robe looks soo good on her, hope there is no staining issue. I think I'm gonna display mine something like this with the robe on but open so you can still see the armour underneath. I'll have her holding the god killer to despite it not being accurate to JL.

wonder_woman_still_9_.jpg

That’s precisely the pose I hope to go for as well. The JL figure will be holding the God killer sword and shield.

Question about the ankles, what way to they articulate? Just got the figure and both feet are kind of butterflying outwards at weird angles and the joints are very stiff, can't pose her standing yet out of fear of breaking it..

Back