1/6 Hot Toys Wonder Woman Training Armor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel like no one is really going to care about this because we’ve seen this kind of thing before but it’s actually one of the ones I’m most proud/happy with from all of my work.

I’m in the camp where I think the Training Armor Wonder woman head is far and above the best WW head out there which includes all of the custom efforts. I didn’t just want to add hair to it I wanted to make it the definitive version of the head treatment I have seen yet.

her paint is tweaked to enhance likeness... something I do a lot on HT (and other figures) accentuation of the mouth, eyes, nose bridges eyebrows... does not take much to have a huge impact.

I did not just want to put hair on it as it was, so I shaved down the head bald and made an effort to push her hairline up higher, something I thought lacked from the original sculpt as her forehead felt a bit compressed especially with the tiara on it. I made an effort to make sure that when I completely haired the head I made the most accurate hair shape and hairline/part (quite happy with how that turned out BTW) to the Solo WW film. Because after all who really even wants to consider one of those other monstrosities of films that she was in anyways.

Continuing on that I could not use the HT Tiaras because of their over complicated “liney-ness” and while nothing was quite accurate, the Barbie Tiara was the most accurate to the solo film. Of course this took hours and hours to sand down razor thin and totally repaint to look high end.

Unfortunately the body armor does not match the solo film like the tiara does but it is what it is I guess.

The other notable mod here is the gold chain replacement on the lasso.

That looks magnificent Raymond!
Excellent job dude! :clap

I was impressed with the JL WW figure, and noticed BBTS still has this Training Armor for a great price so I went ahead and ordered. My fourth HT female figure! Based on photos and videos she looks stunning, a great depiction from the film.

Truly impressed. [emoji108]
8fe67e18cb86122250c96fc1c309c1c4.jpg
435acffe93b706e548f2be1df2c9c16e.jpg
d8b7abb89a4e1c16fd7d21e28deb0371.jpg
a560b8de8536710762a1fed712b8f14a.jpg
a96f7030e928e599f22b4f87a69155d8.jpg
4132c9c84b129d5feedb7f89cb23ff9c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow! Fantastic photos! This figure really looks like a miniature WW/Princess Diana!

Those are some great pics. Shame you don’t really see IAT posting around here anymore, at least I haven’t. He always gave good reviews and seemed like a funny guy. Great poster.

Got my Training Armor Wonder Woman from BBTS today, and wow she looks stunning in hand! Now I can use the included GK sword and shield for my JL WW to recreate the '17 film :yess:

4dfyrTX.jpg

Wow...I can't believe there isn't more activity with this figure After the long wait, she's here and she's beautiful!

View attachment 429513

View attachment 429527

Thanks! I'm really enjoying this one...it has a distinctive look that sets it apart from the other "Woder Woman" figures that I find really interesting. I'm late to the party with this one, but that doesn't dampen my enthusiasm for this figure.

View attachment 429575

She's a beauty.

View attachment 429576

Took some pics of mine today.As far as the lasso goes,this will have to do till I find a suitable replacement.View attachment 424658View attachment 424659View attachment 424660

Wow wonderful outdoor photos!!! :clap :clap I'm realllly tempted to take photos of my figures outdoors, but out of some level of embarrassment I would not want anybody seeing me with my figures (or dollies, as some say :lol )

Last edited:
Got my Training Armor Wonder Woman from BBTS today, and wow she looks stunning in hand! Now I can use the included GK sword and shield for my JL WW to recreate the '17 film :yess:

4dfyrTX.jpg

This figure looks so amazing!

You'll like her, Jordan. Shes obvs not "the" Wonder Woman look, but I honestly feel like this represents the essence of the first film a bit more than the normal armor. Plus the sword and shield combo are great additions that look excellent on and off the fig. I'll happily wait till 1984's release to get a more traditional look, but this is a great holdover and companion piece.

You'll like her, Jordan. Shes obvs not "the" Wonder Woman look, but I honestly feel like this represents the essence of the first film a bit more than the normal armor. Plus the sword and shield combo are great additions that look excellent on and off the fig. I'll happily wait till 1984's release to get a more traditional look, but this is a great holdover and companion piece.

Yeah I agree. This one looks too good to pass on and is definitely an excellent holdover until the 84 version. Sculpted hair ftw!

Crazy how years (and many iterations) later this is seemingly still the best Gal Gadot Wonder Woman Hot Toys has done.

I don’t have any desire for one, but it looks like a great figure.

Back