1/6 Hot Toys Wonder Woman Training Armor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think Ares is a popular enough villain that would warrant a figure and I put Steve Trevor on par with Peggy Carter, who never got a figure. My guess is that HT has a bit more of a love affair with the MCU over the DCEU and if they never made a Peggy, I don't see them making a Steve Trevor either.

It would be cool if they do for those who want one and I hope they do, but I just personally wouldn't get my hopes up as my guess is that they won't spend a great amount of time making figures from this film.

That will be annoying for all the completist collectors out there. I suppose thinking about it if they didn't do a Returns Catwoman, which would sell out fast IMO, why would they make Steve Trevor.

I don't think Ares is a popular enough villain that would warrant a figure and I put Steve Trevor on par with Peggy Carter, who never got a figure. My guess is that HT has a bit more of a love affair with the MCU over the DCEU and if they never made a Peggy, I don't see them making a Steve Trevor either.

It would be cool if they do for those who want one and I hope they do, but I just personally wouldn't get my hopes up as my guess is that they won't spend a great amount of time making figures from this film.

Well Chris Pine is A list and HT may capitalize on getting his likeness. I imagine a bunch of people would buy the figure and at worst, kitbash him for Captain Kirk. :lol

I really want a figure of Steve Trevor. The WW1 costume is very cool and the only other option for a figure of Pine is QMX's Kirk and that might never be released.

Hmm, after seeing the movie I'm thinking they really should have switched expressions between this figure and the BvS one. At the start of WW she had much more of an naive and innocent thing going on, versus the angry and determined expression she has for much of the time in the other costume.

I'm still totally getting the figure of course; I just wish it captured her personality a bit better for most of those early scenes.

Hmm, after seeing the movie I'm thinking they really should have switched expressions between this figure and the BvS one. At the start of WW she had much more of an naive and innocent thing going on, versus the angry and determined expression she has for much of the time in the other costume.

I'm still totally getting the figure of course; I just wish it captured her personality a bit better for most of those early scenes.

Those are my thoughts as well. They tweaked the BvS sculpt to have more of a fierce expression which consequently, improved the likeness, but this one still has more of a stern expression that better fits the BvS version.

Its common for heeled shoes to be flat when doing physical fights in movies. She has the wedge in the film, they just have flat versions for the stunts so people arent breaking their ankles, we're not supposed to notice.

Happens a few quick times with her costume boots too.

Ah, I didn't realize that they were stunt flats. Either way, I think the flats are more fitting than wedges for a clan of warrior women who seemingly spend their lives training. But I suppose it's one of those fashion over function things, as the ladies say :lol

Last edited:
Fingers crossed for a ultimate WW from the movie.

My guess is we will see a WW figure with cloak and accessories soon. HT will announce after the BvS WW ships. It would not make much sense for them to announce it now.

I'm not sure it makes sense for them to announce one at all with JL just a few months away and BvS but even shipping yet. Maybe if BvS had shipped on time, but as it is, three versions of essentially the same outfit didn't make sense. I'd rather HT wait for JL and release an ultimate WW under that title, but include accessories appropriate for both WW and JL films.

The sculpt is really impressive, but my experience with seamless figures has not been great.

My guess is we will see a WW figure with cloak and accessories soon. HT will announce after the BvS WW ships. It would not make much sense for them to announce it now.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm not sure it makes sense for them to announce one at all with JL just a few months away and BvS but even shipping yet. Maybe if BvS had shipped on time, but as it is, three versions of essentially the same outfit didn't make sense. I'd rather HT wait for JL and release an ultimate WW under that title, but include accessories appropriate for both WW and JL films.

I like that idea. Would make a lot more sense, but they'll probably want to cash in on her popularity right now.

Spoiler Spoiler:

You sound so sure that they will come with all that accessories

The only problem with doing a combo JL and WW solo film figure is the hue of her outfit is different in each film. The hue of her armor in JL is the same as BvS.

I said probably :huh What do you think it would come with?

Spoiler Spoiler:

Have a feeling that HT will do a Limited WW figure based on the solo movie with added accessories. Just like Suicide Squad's Batman figure.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I'm gonna have to keep an eye out for people selling the shield from this version on eBay. Can't really afford to buy another Wonder Woman figure, but this shield is much prettier than the one used in BvS.

I'm not an expert with the outfits, but it looks like they have the majority of a potential solo WW movie figure. Body, shield, sword, outfit(?) with brighter colors, even headsculpt with different hair. Plus cloak, etc. HT will probably want to release it as they have most of what they need but perhaps like I've seen it said, as a limited release.

Cant see her coming with a watch and photo, but closk/lasso is obvious.

Back