1/6 Hot Toys Winter Soldier Nick Fury review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please, read the history of the ORIGINAL character.

"In 2012, the six part series Battle Scars introduces Nick Fury's secret son, Sgt. Marcus Johnson who is an African American and ends up losing one eye in the series.[52] The character has been described as looking like Samuel L. Jackson, just as the Nick Fury of the Ultimate Universe does.[53][54] Nick Fury retires at the end of the series, and his son joins S.H.I.E.L.D. Upon joining S.H.I.E.L.D., Johnson changes his name to his original birth name of Nick Fury Jr., as he and Agent Coulson appear on the Helicarrier in the final page.[55]"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Fury

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

"In 2012, the six part series Battle Scars introduces Nick Fury's secret son, Sgt. Marcus Johnson who is an African American and ends up losing one eye in the series.[52] The character has been described as looking like Samuel L. Jackson, just as the Nick Fury of the Ultimate Universe does.[53][54] Nick Fury retires at the end of the series, and his son joins S.H.I.E.L.D. Upon joining S.H.I.E.L.D., Johnson changes his name to his original birth name of Nick Fury Jr., as he and Agent Coulson appear on the Helicarrier in the final page.[55]"

That's not really the same character though is it? If i'm remembering correctly, there was Ultimate Fury and then there was this one you just described. Ultimate Fury and Fury's black son look the same but I don't think they're the exact same though. Ultimate Fury has been around since 2001. That miniseries was in 2012 when they were trying to bring a version of the character into main Marvel 616 continuity. Bottomline as others have said, is that this was not done to "appease the black community". As part of the black community myself I can also say that very few of us felt sated or pleased because Fury was black now. I like that Jackson plays him because I like Jackson and he looks like the ULTIMATE character that Marvel chose to base him on. Besides, I think more "social justice warriors"(which is not even really a term I like, I think it's silly) who are more often Caucasian were pleased with the change more than actual African americans.

achem. So anyway, thanks for the tip about the sling, Michael :)

It's funny how the original comic character is white but for political correctness, made him black for the movie character.

07-Because-of-this-praying-mantis-who-showed-no-mercy.gif

Ok? What does that have to do with your stupid comment that the character was changed to be black for the movies? Both of those happens YEARS before the movies. And, one was done for the ultimate launch of an entirely new universe(the one I posted pics from) and then later the other universe introduced furys kid who looked like Jackson. But that doesn't validate what you said. In any way. Neither had anything to do with movies. It was an artistic choice made by a comic artist years before marvel even had a movie studio. Plain as that. It had zero to do with a marvel movie that wasn't even thought of yet.

Back