1/6 Hot Toys Winter Soldier Nick Fury review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
The sixth scale market has been a tad quiet lately, but as we get closer to SDCC I suspect we'll see shipping increase as well. Tonight I'm checking out the new Hot Toys Nick Fury based on his look in Winter Soldier, and yes, he's a great figure with some interesting extras. You can find my review here:

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW-060616a.htm

or with the rest of the reviews at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael

Great review as always. This is one of the best sculpts HT has done IMO. It's eerily spot on. Huge upgrade over the light bulb head original version. Love this figure.

It's funny how the original comic character is white but for political correctness, made him black for the movie character.

Must say I prefer the originals costume and accessories but that is a beautiful sculpt and does look better than the 1st version.

It's funny how the original comic character is white but for political correctness, made him black for the movie character.

He was black in the Ultimates comics and the creators modeled him after Jackson so MCU Fury IS inspired by the comics. The headsculpt is great but I like the tactical uniform of the Avengers Fury better. This is more like desk job Fury.

Great review but I don't get why iron man 2 needs slated so much. Iron man 3 is a far worse film for alp you of the faults with im2.
Great looking figure.

There are instances almost daily where political correctness has run amok, but I don't think casting SLJ as Fury is one of those instances. He is brilliant in the role, imo a great casting choice, and I hope to see him in future appearances. The new figure is terrific too!

I think it has to do with adding more black characters to the Marvel movie franchise to escape backlash from the black community. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind it at all. Jackson does a great job in the role. Just making an observation.

I think it has to do with adding more black characters to the Marvel movie franchise to escape backlash from the black community. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind it at all. Jackson does a great job in the role. Just making an observation.

So casting a black actor for a black character is pandering to the black community?

Back on topic, great review again Michael.

I found it especially helpful as My final flex on Fury will be next month so I'll have him by the end of July. Only thing that worries me is that arm sling. I know i'm gonna want to pose him with it but I'm fearful it'll be hard to do but you make it sound easy. Alleviates some of my worry about it.

When are we gonna get a David Hasseloff 'Nick Fury' figure!?!

sarcasm

What? He was changed in the comics years before the movies. That's just wrong and ignorant

He was black in ultimate universe in like 2000 or 2001. Like 8 years before the films.

And if I recall correctly in the first year or so they did ultimates(2002 I think) and in it the characters have a conversation about who would "play them" in a movie and Fury jokes that Sam Jackson would play him. This is years before iron man. Before marvel had a movie studio. So it was not done for the sake of adding a black man to the Mcu.

This is that panel...from 2002....again for those that missed it... YEARS before the studio was created.

image.jpeg

Last edited:

An observation based on made up facts though. He was drawn as a black man years before marvel even had a movie studio. Had absolutely nothing to do with casting a black man in a movie or political correctness in films. Had NOTHING to do with movies at all. And since the artist that created the ultimate nick fury used Sam Jackson as his model, and stated so years before the films, who would have been better to play him on screen?

Back on topic, great review again Michael.

I found it especially helpful as My final flex on Fury will be next month so I'll have him by the end of July. Only thing that worries me is that arm sling. I know i'm gonna want to pose him with it but I'm fearful it'll be hard to do but you make it sound easy. Alleviates some of my worry about it.

You do have to adjust the straps at the sides - at least I had to - but that's not particularly difficult. They make putting it on easy, thanks to the snap and the Velcro.

Back