1/6 Hot Toys: WICKET the Ewok - Return of the Jedi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, that one looks a bit like Logray, both costumes made of striped terry cloth bathrobes.:lol

980947f47e7fd6a20d04fef97bb77d57.jpg

What's so funny about the Ewoks is how Kenner blocked out what they looked like in the months leading up to release, building anticipation. I think it's best to do that when you have something incredible to unveil.:rotfl

Well, that’s probably what HT did with ESB Han and Lando then [emoji6]
But Logray and Teebo would be instant preorders for me.
Funny, if ROTJ was released today I (?) would have “hated” the Ewoks and said “whyyy not wookies!!!?” And “how can those little savages know what the imperial bunker leads to!?” And “how can a little teddy bear with a stone axe knock out a stormtrooper in armor” [emoji6] But in 1983 I was 8 years old and I freaking loved these little buggers! ...so I still do.

Funny, if ROTJ was released today I (?) would have “hated” the Ewoks and said “whyyy not wookies!!!?” And “how can those little savages know what the imperial bunker leads to!?” And “how can a little teddy bear with a stone axe knock out a stormtrooper in armor” [emoji6] But in 1983 I was 8 years old and I freaking loved these little buggers! ...so I still do.

Umm... we said all that back then.:dunno:lol

One of the most popular discussion points for any SW fan was how the **** Ewoks defeated stormtroopers, how stupid the scene was where they get knocked out (among others,) how useless stormie armor is, etc etc Honestly - these were the discussions that triggered the deep Ewok hate that dominated in the 80s and 90s... until more loathsome things began to show up in "SW", and booom... Ewoks image is rejuvenated and INSTANT PO's.:rotfl

Back then they were the one huge thing that many fans loathed in the SW movies (other than minor stuff like Luke/Leia siblings etc,) and it was a pretty widely held view.

One of the most popular discussion points for any SW fan was how the **** Ewoks defeated stormtroopers...

Pride comes before a fall.

It was the Vietnam War being fought a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.

https://nypost.com/2014/09/21/how-star-wars-was-secretly-george-lucas-protest-of-vietnam/

Back in a 1973 note on “Star Wars,” Lucas made clear which side he was rooting for in the Vietnam War: “A large technological empire going after a small group of freedom fighters.”

It’s funny because I hated them. I mean hate.
Like jar jar hate.
Now ? Want that figure. ��

ROTJ was the only Star Wars film I saw in a cinema. I remember the hype and the aftermath, but I don't recall Ewok hate. That seemed to come later as 'fans' grew older.

At the time they were still teddy bears, but they were teddy bears who planned to eat our heroes. That gave them an edge in spite of their appearance.

I was never a big fan of the Ewoks, but I never "hated" them the way I hate (even after only 1 viewing) Jar Jar Binks. I'll get Wicket to represent ALL the Ewoks, but I wouldn't get anymore than him. They're just not crucial to the collection. Other OT aliens, however, would be most welcome.

Hers’s your cute little furry teddy bear Ewoks..

You just know that’s what they’re doing behind their cute sounding songs.

f358ac30c32069dd854c7f832cd688c2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
No love for this guy?

View attachment 461542

He was always the meanest looking Ewok. You just know this was the guy that suggested they cook Han and Luke for dinner.

The Viet Cong must've been very proud to be represented by furry little bears with sticks.

Teebo is my favorite! Always was. Maybe because he’s the least cute one... dunno.

Like Vulture.

Don't get me started. Instead of one of the most interesting MCU figures they could have made, they produce I don't know how many gaudy/tasteless/ridiculous Spiderman suits from a video game.

I'll have had about enough of this hobby if this Wicket ends up like the Death Star Trooper.

I didn't even like Homecoming that much nor a huge fan of the "who again?" villain -- but how Vulture was realized and what that toy would look like hanging from my ceiling still makes me pine with hope that one day.... one day... it will be mine.

I didn't even like Homecoming that much nor a huge fan of the "who again?" villain -- but how Vulture was realized and what that toy would look like hanging from my ceiling still makes me pine with hope that one day.... one day... it will be mine.

I just had this epic thought...Ewok with Hanglider!!!
Make it so Hot toys!!!

Back