Action Figure Hot Toys - VGM17 - Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Raiden

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see pages of these huge wads of super glue and I have to wonder if you guys ever heard about plastic cement :lol. It actually melts plastic and fuses parts together. Glue, on the other hand, will just bonds the parts as an adhesive, and it seems like you have to use way too much to make it effective.

so stupid you guys have to do this in the first place.

You all should get refunded the amount = to the time and money it takes to fix these problems.

thats a great idea, i wonder if they would have given me a partial reund to keep it broken, damn, wish i had thought of it. i did order my arm though before i fixed it.

Well, thanks for introducing this fantastic product to me. I will certainly use it on my other raiden that's coming.

wanted to buy this,, but looks like l will stay away from this,, wanted to buy 2 ,one to keep MIB and one to play

I have a question for everyone who already had this figures in hand. How about the assault rifle from this HT RAiden, are they good and have weapon sling on it???

@actionfiguremovies

Once I saw your post on onesixthwarriors last night I decided to get Raiden as now I know what to do myself. Waiting for replacement parts is not gonna fix anything, you will still get the same cast they were using for the original figure so its only a matter of time when that one will break as well or even come broken straight out of the box. As Solidus said, Tamiya cement is even better than the super glue. Everyone should do this fix as you can forget about SS or HT ever changing the design of the arm to make it better. The toy is done and on sale, they aren't going to be doing any overhauls and you can be sure your replacement arm will break again after a few stretches.

@actionfiguremovies

Once I saw your post on onesixthwarriors last night I decided to get Raiden as now I know what to do myself. Waiting for replacement parts is not gonna fix anything, you will still get the same cast they were using for the original figure so its only a matter of time when that one will break as well or even come broken straight out of the box. As Solidus said, Tamiya cement is even better than the super glue. Everyone should do this fix as you can forget about SS or HT ever changing the design of the arm to make it better. The toy is done and on sale, they aren't going to be doing any overhauls and you can be sure your replacement arm will break again after a few stretches.

I'm glad I could help. I read what Solidus wrote and I would be a little concern about a product that melts already fragile plastic. It may work fine, but the super glue to me added an extra layer and once harden would be more protection. Just something to think about. You really one get one shot so pick the best
way my friend. I wish you well.

Blessings.
AFM

Got my replacement arms from Sideshow. So do I just pop out the old arms and pop the new ones in? Is it really that easy?
Yeah just hold it at the shoulder and pry side to side like you would the headsculpt til it pops off, it takes a little bit of force but it comes out.

9c981b8818d4771679b3b13cdc67fe9f.jpg

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Back