Action Figure Hot Toys - VGM17 - Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Raiden

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
is there any kind of batch ? like mk42 ?? they fixed the broken arm in batch 3

abGoLpE.jpg

F0cYIch.jpg

v38UkLE.jpg

wOLwwsu.jpg

xpkqHvS.jpg

X7aAjS6.jpg

yGqmGcy.jpg

JH5Pioy.jpg

I'm going to put my Arkham Batman next to it when I get it.

Looks good man, thought you hated the muramasa and thought it was jusnk so you werent gonna display it though. I need a better pose for mine. You know, i was so insanely eager to have this figure and all i did was pose him generically, put him in my cabinet, and forgot about him. I did enjoy fixing the arm though.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

I can pass on the being a man part. $300.00+ shipping for that price I am not fixing nothing. But I did buy the reg verison for only $10.00 because I used my rewarded points. I only had to pay for shipping so hmmm. Hopefully next time sideshow would fix my problem other then being asses.

Not making excuses for Sideshow, as i too want replacements - but the elbows honestly don't bother me. I conditioned myself to not having the arms bent at all a year ago when we saw that they appeared to be rubber.

Whenever I get my replacement parts from sideshow I will pop them on and not move them, I am happy with the look of the figure overall, just don't want it to be broken, so boring pose it will be.

If something is broken something is broken. That's like me buying a new car and the AC doesn't work and I say doesn't matter I like having the windows down when it's nice out. No. It's broken so sideshow can make me a customer happy or it's getting sent back. I am not a collector in anyways that likes to display there figures is CRAZY action poses so I can have a BIG diorama around my room. Like if anything I would have him in a T pose LoL. But overall I am not goin to bean the arms either but I do know if it's broken is anyway I can't sell it for ****. I can't sell alout of my self do to when I sell I don't sell like a selling man. oOo buy it today because someone is going to see it.:panic:

I just can't comprehend this thing's price point, and there's next to no care in production. The elbows on mine feel very strong, thank god.

My replacement arm will be here Tuesday! ! Now I gotta decide if I wanna take this one apart and fix it. I didnt make any slits or mods to the wheel thingy that holds the ratchet, just as long as you fuse that black peg/ratchet in place.

figured I'd take advantage of the one working elbow while it works…took some dumb pics today…I'm scared of playing with this guy…today his sheath holster fell apart. Luckily It's just a glue issue :lol

"METAL GEAR!? IT CAN'T…B…wait…"
raiden vs 2.jpg

ZANDATSUUUU!
riden vs 1.jpg

And settled on this pose for now…
raiden pose.jpg

This is for everyone. The elbows will eventually crack and break and the ratchet peg will eventually get out of its place and not function.

Some will take a bit more time than others depending at what point of the forearm you hold to bend it. The closer to the elbow you grab to bend, the less stress, but it will still break eventually.

The reason is because the plastic used for the forearm is weaker than the one used for the peg. Not only that, the point were it holds the peg in place is very thin. The ratchet peg and hole are mad of the same plastic and the ratchet is pretty tight.

That tightness forces to use extra force to bend the elbow, which has very weak support to hold it and tries to move itself on the hole were it fits inside the forearm, eventually been able to do to a significant extent, cracking and breaking the joint. And ultimately, this is the whole problem

So one solution is to prevent the peg from trying to move itself inside its hole by fusing it with super glue. Try to put it all around the peg and avoid at all costs from it getting to the ratcheted part of the peg

So basically, if I get VGM Raiden, I'm screwed. None of you have any idea how much I screw around with my toys :lol I don't know how many of them are not broken yet (Besides some Sailor Moon Figuarts, but they broke out of the box)

The lack of care at $300 is just...bad...like, really bad. I mean, VGM Batman had only a few QC cases but nothing like this!

If something is broken something is broken. That's like me buying a new car and the AC doesn't work and I say doesn't matter I like having the windows down when it's nice out.

The analogy is not the same, if you are referring to what i said. I can come to peace with not bending the arms, because i never intended to bend the arms, because the rubber of the arms would likely split and damage over time if held in a bent position. If having the car windows down breaks the aesthetic of the car over time and the doors rip open then the analogy would be more fitting.

And i am getting replacement arms. Not going to bend them either.

I think everyone will be fine, as long as they're not constantly messing with the elbows.
Yes that is the other solution. Don't mess with it, you will not have to worry about that.

Then again, if it is broken already, why even ask for a replacement if you don't intend to bend it?

That is meant for those to whom it applies

I for one love posing my figures. I am doing some test to see how long the rubber last in a bent position on this figure, which is the only one I own that has rubber covered joints besides the AC Batman, which cannot even hold a pose

Yes that is the other solution. Don't mess with it, you will not have to worry about that.

Then again, if it is broken already, why even ask for a replacement if you don't intend to bend it?

That is meant for those to whom it applies

I for one love posing my figures. I am doing some test to see how long the rubber last in a bent position on this figure, which is the only one I own that has rubber covered joints besides the AC Batman, which cannot even hold a pose

I can answer this, I to am in the camp where I got a broken elbow right out of the box and asked for a replacement, after learning that the joint is prone to breakage simply by using it I decided that I would replace the broken arm with the replacement and not pose it, WHY you ask, well because I want my figure not to be broken, weather I plan to leave it in the box, display it or pose it, besides I would know its broken and it would continue to gnaw away at me:panic: We pay a lot for a collectible action figure, that alone should help to insure high quality, stuff happens and hot toys makes mistakes, ok I get that, but to assume that we should accept broken products is just crazy talk:lol

Back