Action Figure Hot Toys - VGM17 - Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Raiden

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HT should be redoing the joint and sending out pairs of arms to everyone who bought this figure.

HT should be redoing the joint and sending out pairs of arms to everyone who bought this figure.

Haha. As if Hot Toys actually cared enough to do that.

It would be REALLY nice though.

I opened mine and both arms aren't broken but I don't even want to take it out of the box out of fear of eventual breaking. To those that emailed SS and got a response and will be receiving new arms, do u have to ship them back the broken arms?

They will eventually break. The plastic is too thin and weak. It cracks on the thinnest part then there is nothing holding the ratchet in place. It's just a matter of time if you are playing with him too much.

A few bends and it will crack.

There is no way around it. I'm having a really hard time getting the shouler armor off, which the plastic is also very flexible and gets stressed with pressure. They glued those very well and don't think I will be able to mod it.

Was it easy for you to remove the shoulder armor?

Soon everyone will be posing their Raiden like dis :lol

image.jpg

i kept sticking a tech screwdriver into the peg and prying on it. eventually the peg just broke but thats okay because when you glue it its unnoticeable. just keep doing it, itll come off just try not to pull on the armor piece because obviously itll tear. stick the screwdriver into the peg and pry out going around the circumference of it.

I finally got to remove it and yes, even though they were still working, one was cracked and the other was ok for now. They are really thin and weak at the spot. I'll post pics later. The thing is I'm still debating how to go about this.

Some support with epoxy or super glue is what I feel is most appropriate without cutting anything, but the epoxy will make it thicker and might not slide on the rubber. Or just replace the forearm, but unfortunately, the weak part is on the side of the holes where the armor fits into.

Edit: quick heads up, to remove the shoulder armor, just use an exacto knife and slowly cut it from the base where it connects to the post. Do not even attemp to pull it off, it will stress the plastic. The other pieces come out fairly easy but if they are really stuck, just cut them, don't force them or you will stress the plastic

Last edited:
I finally got to remove it and yes, even though they were still working, one was cracked and the other was ok for now. They are really thin and weak at the spot. I'll post pics later. The thing is I'm still debating how to go about this.

Some support with epoxy or super glue is what I feel is most appropriate without cutting anything, but the epoxy will make it thicker and might not slide on the rubber. Or just replace the forearm, but unfortunately, the weak part is on the side of the holes where the armor fits into.

Edit: quick heads up, to remove the shoulder armor, just use an exacto knife and slowly cut it from the base where it connects to the post. Do not even attemp to pull it off, it will stress the plastic. The other pieces come out fairly easy but if they are really stuck, just cut them, don't force them or you will stress the plastic
Thanks.
This is really ridiculous. I have no desire or intention to go to this length to get this figure working, yet I paid $300 for this...??!!

Thanks.
This is really ridiculous. I have no desire or intention to go to this length to get this figure working, yet I paid $300 for this...??!!

Remember when Rick (Reviewer King) got a busted amazing Spider-Man 1 figure (I think it had a messed up shoulder or something). Didn't he contact Hot Toys and got a new replacement with improvement?

I really feel that we should try to do this for this figure. Like everyone before said, $300 and these kinds of issues is absolutely unacceptable

Remember when Rick (Reviewer King) got a busted amazing Spider-Man 1 figure (I think it had a messed up shoulder or something). Didn't he contact Hot Toys and got a new replacement with improvement?

I really feel that we should try to do this for this figure. Like everyone before said, $300 and these kinds of issues is absolutely unacceptable
I was thinking of writing to SSC with this question, actually.

This is very bad practice from Hot Toys.

This is not a 'they should' situation, it is a 'they have' to fix this. It is a $300 figure that will break under normal use or is broken on arrival.

It is like the Bat leak. I fortunately did not buy that but if I recall, they did nothing about it. Just resold it with plastic abs. No replacements for those who originally bought it.

I guess those getting the red version, don't get it.

Does anyone know offhand what address to use to contact Hot Toys? I'll write them, but I think I know what the answer will be. Maybe if enough of us write with either current issues or major concern over issues likely to crop up, they'll take notice.

I guess those getting the red version, don't get it.
Im worried about getting the Red version with defects, but my Regular Raiden came flawless. So i ordered the Red one. I will go out of my way to not abuse them both and keep their arms barely articulate when possible.

Not supporting failure, cleverly fixing my poor situation. Dont troll the thread, people do as they wish. If theres a reaction to this like there was with 3a master chief theyll figure it out. At least there are replacement parts. That whole figure was bad, this one is at least fixable.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Troll the thread? You need to better understand what trolling is.

Like you, I'm trying to find a solution for something that will not be resolved by Hot Toys. But not everyone will even attempt to do the fix and will most likelyend up with a clearly defective and expensive figure.

So here are the pics I took.

be2c3a46786e4a1cbf895045d9b934ba.jpg

This is the undamaged for now arm. It has that hole so that when bent, the rubber bunches there. Great idea from Hot Toys part

26b118ee00c1a25171d8aca2df99aa31.jpg

It is small, but a crack is starting to form on the good elbow.

47b77668a5f970bf485d04421e402b0b.jpg

b8a7b574385a87e37c5d9780a8375865.jpg

2f1634b1a461c10c43e893df6594777c.jpg

This is the cracked elbow all the way through. With the ratchet piece attached, it opens even more and if bent, even more

Last edited:
Like you, I'm trying to find a solution for something that will not be resolved by Hot Toys. But not everyone will even attempt to do the fix and will most likelyend up with a clearly defective and expensive figure.

So here are the pics I took.

be2c3a46786e4a1cbf895045d9b934ba.jpg

This is the undamaged for now arm. It has that hole so that when bent, the rubber bunches there. Great idea from Hot Toys part

26b118ee00c1a25171d8aca2df99aa31.jpg

It is small, but a crack is starting to form on the good elbow.

47b77668a5f970bf485d04421e402b0b.jpg

b8a7b574385a87e37c5d9780a8375865.jpg

2f1634b1a461c10c43e893df6594777c.jpg

This is the cracked elbow all the way through. With the ratchet piece attached, it opens even more and if bent, even more

I'm wondering if you put glue around the black peg, wouldn't that take the stress off the notched gray part of the fore arm and keep it from ever cracking again?

That and the slice WellQC suggested should fix it right up. What do you think?

AFM

Looks exactly the same as the other. The crack is the whole problem. Even with the crack, it still bends and clicks, but it gets bigger the more it is done. Once it is big enough, the black piece will start to slip out. The crack is all the way through

Back