Action Figure Hot Toys - VGM17 - Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Raiden

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heres the joint. Its poorly designed with no give in the plastic cog. The plastic on the circular part is way too thick, it doesnt even turn. The little black piece goes through the circular part and its supposed to flex out as it turns but the plastic flex ring it too sturdy to even work. Point is it its practically unfixable. Heres some pics.

b96142a754f62b370ae9bf09fd367cf0.jpg

38fb4fefb6fb6eafc4bdd7f60b7be76d.jpg

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

I wonder if pressing down on that joint with your other finger while bending will keep it from breaking.

Ridiculous... how do they not use metal joints at this point?

no, what im saying is that its molded in a way where everything fits so tight that it physically cant move. youd be breaking the arm more no matter how hard you try. id like to see what a working joint looks like, it probably is thinner or the slots are clipped.

Was bending it.

It worked normal when I got it, but it broke just now at the first click. Just hear a fairly audible SNAP. Then the arm went limp.

Pathetic thing is I still want this figure... I just won't bend the elbows ever again when I get a replacement.

Thanks for posting about the workings of the arm, we now know that the figure can't be posed without most likely breaking, so when I get my replacement I won't be posing it. I got a response from sideshow saying that they booked a torso and arm replacement for me, only thing that got me worried is if its a torso only I hope I don't break anything popping off the legs and head, that hair looks fragile:panic:

i repaired the crack in the grey plastic then fused the peg in its place. then i took my exacto blade and snipped 2 of the opposite holes on the disk, only putting a slice in the middle of each to give it flex. you may get away with only doing one and itll be much tighter. reassembled and it was awesome so i put the rubber and armor back on and retested it. all set, sometimes you have to do stuff yourself.

Egh. My other arm just broke.

Lmao.

Was bending it.

It worked normal when I got it, but it broke just now at the first click. Just hear a fairly audible SNAP. Then the arm went limp.

Pathetic thing is I still want this figure... I just won't bend the elbows ever again when I get a replacement.

Mine happened the same way. Was just casually bending it and just poof. Stopped working. Contacted sideshow for a replacement arm. CQC I think your fix is going to save lives :lol

The ratcheting doesnt make the loud snaps anymore, feels more like a regular hot toys body with the small pops. This is my pose now that i can have him do a proper one.

d7089f8407a31b80772b7488364737bb.jpg

i repaired the crack in the grey plastic then fused the peg in its place. then i took my exacto blade and snipped 2 of the opposite holes on the disk, only putting a slice in the middle of each to give it flex. you may get away with only doing one and itll be much tighter. reassembled and it was awesome so i put the rubber and armor back on and retested it. all set, sometimes you have to do stuff yourself.

Bother that helps a ton. If you could snap some pictures, I know I will be very appreciative. Great job again.

AFM

Pictures of what? Its all together. If you look back youll see everything disassembled. Open 2 windows and read what i wrote to do while looking at the pics. Youll get it its not rocket science.

Pictures of what? Its all together. If you look back youll see everything disassembled. Open 2 windows and read what i wrote to do while looking at the pics. Youll get it its not rocket science.

I think you are correct. I'm pretty sure I can figure it out. Thanks and great work.

AFM

Nice pictures man! I see that your elbows didn't have any problems. After fixing mine last night and actually being able to play with the damn thing I noticed that on the upper arm is missing a much-needed articulation that every other body has in order to do dynamic arm poses, bummers.

Nice pictures man! I see that your elbows didn't have any problems. After fixing mine last night and actually being able to play with the damn thing I noticed that on the upper arm is missing a much-needed articulation that every other body has in order to do dynamic arm poses, bummers.

Thanks man :duff
You have no idea the trouble I went thru to get that unsheathing Muramasa pose because the arms don't rotate under the shoulder.

That would make this guy pose a lot more nicer

Back