Action Figure Hot Toys - VGM17 - Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Raiden

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rubber or not, they feel a lot less likely to rip than the muscle arms on Chris Redfield. Now those were arms I was afraid to ever bend. These however have plenty of flex and I don't feel like its creating a lot of tension which is usually what results in tears. I'm certainly not going to leave the elbows with any full bend but for general posing and screwing around I don't feel any of the trepidation that some people seem to be showing - it feels sturdier than that. I'd argue you'd get away with leaving 45-45 degree bend and not have any cause for concern like you would a lot of other HT figures with rubber overlays. Its closer to the Batman suits than the Schwarzenegger muscle bodies and those have always been bit more forgiving and less dangerous to leave posed with slight posing.

No defective elbow on mine either. I carefully moved each elbow 4 clicks (that seems to be the max) inwards and back out about 10 times each. Both clicked and locked into place. But hearing about the growing number of those who have the defect does make me concerned about how well my elbows will fare in the future.

My right ankle is also loose too. There's a small screw on the ankle though, I wondering if tightening it could make the joint tighter

Praise the Lord! I inspected my figure earlier tonight and everything looks perfect so far. No scratches, the shoulder plates are in place, and the elbows and ankles are all good. There a few tiny black dots on the face and some strange freckles, but the sculpt looks great, regardless. There's also the plastic swords, which feel very flimsy... I think I'll have to dry brush them.

I have to say, I'm very surprised about how this figure is so light. Considering all of the intrinsic parts and armored pieces, it barely weighs anything at all.

Hot Toys really did a good job on the painting, too (even though the armor color isn't 100% accurate).

In any case, I hope all of you guys with defective figures are able to get replacements, because I think Hot Toys has truly knocked this out of the park. It's a fantastic piece and a near-perfect representation of Raiden.

It really has jumped up on my figure of the year list. It just looks so damn good and functions well (despite the QC issues). I also think it's funny that this extremely complicated figure has better articulation than the HT Naked Snake :lol

Opened mine last night, passed the elbow test, thankfully. I do have an issue with his left shoulder armor; the edges bow out so it looks kinda asymmetrical with the right. Hopefully will be able to get a replacement arm.

I just picked up mine right now. Will be home in a couple of hrs

This is the first figure I am in a rush to open not for how awesome it looks, but to check for any of the flaws/defects that have been reported.

Im freaking nervous. I have been waiting for this figure since I first saw the announcement, but will be very pissed off if it has any of those problems.

Finally opened it and all joints click and ankles are fine.

e6743ce207724d46f6d91114a46f743d.jpg

150d3f51ffff706ddafc80738f8f376b.jpg

e8d36224e186a1d873bc7c9b6f5b13b6.jpg

But, there is a problem with one foot. Not related to articulation. The flap at the top of the ankle or whatever it is has some weird thing going on like it bent and has some minor tearing, compared to the right foot which is smooth and round. It is the left foot.

e657a1abf222c09b8bea95255189d9f6.jpg

Other than that, no problems that I could find. Might ask for a replacement

I just picked up mine right now. Will be home in a couple of hrs

This is the first figure I am in a rush to open not for how awesome it looks, but to check for any of the flaws/defects that have been reported.

Im freaking nervous. I have been waiting for this figure since I first saw the announcement, but will be very pissed off if it has any of those problems.
[emoji106]
I've waited since March 2014 for this. Mine had a super minor issue with the shoulder armor, but given the fact that I waited so long, plus paid so much $$$, I expect more. I put in for a replacement from SSC.

Theyre gonna have to start tearing them apart and giving parts out, unless they deal directly with hot toys. Not sure how they can keep the stock going at this rate.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

[emoji106]
I've waited since March 2014 for this. Mine had a super minor issue with the shoulder armor, but given the fact that I waited so long, plus paid so much $$$, I expect more. I put in for a replacement from SSC.
Thinking about it, for the cost of this, no flaw is acceptable. Will ask for a replacement.

Got mine, everything is perfect except one of the little spikes on his shoulder was missing straight out of the box, it's the back one so I don't mind to much. Don't think id even bother with a replacement.

As others have said its really delicate and I could easily see some small pieces falling off in the future, but I don't pose or play with mine but if you did I could see this figure being a huge hassle. Easily the most delicate figure I own.

Back