Action Figure Hot Toys - VGM17 - Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Raiden

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To those who had defective elbows and contacted sideshow, are they willing to help out? Replacement or refund?

They said they booked a replacement arm for me... so the arms are removable?? I was too nervous to try it.

I'm not sure what you mean by freckles. The skin is pretty smooth on my end. And looks to be from the photos.

i wouldnt mind a replacement arm, i was already looking at how i could possibly take it apart like i do everything. if the arms pop off im perfectly happy swapping it out.

To those who had defective elbows and contacted sideshow, are they willing to help out? Replacement or refund?

I haven't heard back ether, I tried live chat but gave up after one hour, called and left a voicemail as no one would pick up the phone. I don't see how we can get a replacement arm, doesn't look like a ball joint to me.

You def should not destroy the figure until they tell you to.

I want to rip one of these arms open to see what's going on inside. When I think about it, I don't know why they ratcheted the joint... they could've just use a strong elbow. Arkham bat has thick rubber but the elbow is not ratcheted and holds position just fine.

Last edited:
Really happy how this figure turned out. Rubber arms are fine on mine and nothing feels excessively fragile outside of the swords (the Murasama especially feels pretty flimsy and almost got stuck in its sheath). One thing that is probably super obvious, though I haven't seen any comments is how great the paint and finish is - they used some really nice metallic paints.

People are just jaded at this point... HT paint is expected to look good. So no one really comments on it I suppose.

It baffles me though. People thinking some other company could do this better. Nope, they can't.

oh i think this thing is definitely a masterpiece, its practically perfect. qc was obviously an afterthought because it is very fragile. i popped one of the fins off his shoulder right out of the box, but a dot of superglue fixed it so i didnt even mention it. the elbows are an embarrassment though, cant believe they let it go out like that.

Good to hear that everyone's gotten their figures, saddened by all the defects.

Something's strange is going on here since most people have defects and he's nowhere to be found in Asia. :dunno

The only defect seems to be the arm no?

The other defects are things that happens to every figure here and there.

I think the stupid rubber is what is damaging the elbows to begin with. They might be forcing it too much when sliding it in (not enough lube) [emoji6] and that is the end result.

I was going to pick mine up today but I was done from work later than expected and just went the gym and then home.

All these elbow and ankle problems are making me nervous. And I might just ask for a full refund of it is defective. I really like the figure and all but I re-pose my figures often and don't want it to get damaged later on.

Wait what ankle problems? Haven't seen any broken ankles.

Snake said one of his was a little loose. Not sure if that's it so far.

Anyway. Crappy cell phone pics to join in the fun :panic:
It's been a while since a toy has give me this much anxiety while futzing with him. So much clicking :lol
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Back