Action Figure Hot Toys - VGM17 - Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Raiden

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1926700_10151965655802344_1329120685_n.jpg

I would actually very much like a Jetstream Sam. The guy got a lot of marketing and hype as a new character, so much so that I'm actually kind of surprised they haven't produced any merchandise of him. The thing is, apparently a lot of decisions on who or what gets made isn't entirely up to the merchandising companies themselves (including HT). According to Konami, the choice of characters and what figures should be made actually falls squarely on them, specifically the merchandising staff of Kojima Productions. I don't know if it's the same for other companies, but it was mentioned in one of the Kojima Productions podcasts when they got some questions about how they conduct their merchandising on MGS and how the process of deciding which characters get made into figures actually works.

Somebody in this thread should infiltrate the merchandising branch a.s.a.f.p.!
I wonder how they decide on which characters to choose. Polls? Surveys?
Because I'm pretty sure almost everyone who ever had a Playstation have played Metal Gear Solid. Sure, they might or might not like it, but I have tons of friends who got pretty late into the MGS franchise and started off with Snake Eater, but loved the series nonetheless. :lol

want white armor! am i the only one? just make it a DIY so people can have there red, yellow, ect.....

That rifle is so pointless. Why not grenades and rocket launchers he actually uses?
Not to mention L'Etranger, Dystopia and Bloodlust...

For such a price you'd expect much more.

Well the EX gets Sam's sword. He should of come with another Desperado weapon instead of the rifle.

Still waiting for Sideshow to tell us something about pricing.

He looks good, but I am debating if he looks $300 good. Zod is coming in armor, and he doesn't cost that much.

300 is too much for any Raiden figure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's not that big of a chance as they never had specs/pics but with they way they tease and show things then forget about them and with this still not being at SSC yet it's just going through my head is all.

Back