Hot Toys- VGM06-Bio Hazard 5-Chris Redfield (BSAA ver) spec + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought the Leon sculpt (lack of texture not withstanding) was great, sure it's not as good as Chris', but it looks just like Leon did in the game and that is what matters most.

Game graphics and Hot Toy's sculpt/painting abilities have improved from RE4 to RE5.

Now imagine what RE6 and the inevitable HT figures will look like!! :drool

I thought the Leon sculpt (lack of texture not withstanding) was great, sure it's not as good as Chris', but it looks just like Leon did in the game and that is what matters most.

It just never looked good to me. I think it has to do with the paint apps. Or I think the type of hair just doesnt translate well in figure form. The sculpt is missing something I just cant pinpoint it.

biohazardleonreg02.jpg

It just never looked good to me. I think it has to do with the paint apps. Or I think the type of hair just doesnt translate well in figure form. The sculpt is missing something I just cant pinpoint it.

biohazardleonreg02.jpg

You're not alone. I love the Leon figure, but I completely agree.

The hair color in game is pretty basic, but I think the way the color is applied for the figure is too basic and looks cartoony/phony(real basic scheme with a hard highlight).

I also don't think they capture the look of his eyes. Leon is portrayed as having sort of a dark/distant/haunted look in his eyes in RE4 which is not really translated at all in the figure. Just that vacant dead on stare, made worse because the sculpt has those bug eyes.

If they had just painted the eyes to be casting a sideways glance I think even that would have been a huge improvement.

- TGM

The hair color in game is pretty basic, but I think the way the color is applied for the figure is too basic and looks cartoony/phony(real basic scheme with a hard highlight).

I also don't think they capture the look of his eyes. Leon is portrayed as having sort of a dark/distant/haunted look in his eyes in RE4 which is not really translated at all in the figure. Just that vacant dead on stare, made worse because the sculpt has those bug eyes.

If they had just painted the eyes to be casting a sideways glance I think even that would have been a huge improvement.

- TGM
Agree with that.Thats why i dont like the face of this figure despite being a RESI fan.Too simple sculpt.

- TGM

That's one of those things that's a dealbreaker for me. it's also the reason i don't have bank robber joker, or Sideshow ANH leia. I want them to be looking wherI make them look, not someone else.

Those of you that don't like the leon sculpt, how many of you have one, and how many of you have seen him in person, and how many based this soly on the pics? Not trying to be condescending, Seriously currious.
Leon is one of thse figures that dosn't photograph well.

The Leon figures aren't perfect (bug-eye :horror) but they are easily one of the best videogame based figures out there at the moment, look at more recent offerings like Sideshow's Lara or Medicom's MGS4 series and it holds it's own.

Those of you that don't like the leon sculpt, how many of you have one, and how many of you have seen him in person, and how many based this soly on the pics? Not trying to be condescending, Seriously currious.

I own the std Leon figure boxed/complete. I also own a Leon head which I am contemplating getting repainted.

I even bashed Leon a custom striker from repainted/modified 21c parts:
picture.php

picture.php

I agree, the figure looks better in person than most photos portray. I can't take a decent picture of Leon to save my life.

The quibbles with the head aside the only thing that really bugs me about the Leon figure is the way the shirt and jacket fit on the HT body. On mine they bind and contort around the shoulders and just look weird. Might try switching bodies.

But all things considered I still really dig the Leon figure.

- TGM

...Those of you that don't like the leon sculpt, how many of you have one, and how many of you have seen him in person, and how many based this soly on the pics? Not trying to be condescending, Seriously currious.

I have both and still maintain that he is awesome. :cool:

That's one of those things that's a dealbreaker for me. it's also the reason i don't have bank robber joker, or Sideshow ANH leia. I want them to be looking wherI make them look, not someone else.

Well, my opinion is based on the pictures. But the only reason I didnt buy Leon WAS because of the pictures. At the time the figure came out, I didnt have the cash to purchase a figure just based on my fandom of RE. For instance, Im planning on buying Chris, because he looks bad ass in the pics. And I know that the final figure might differ from the proto, but HT most of the time comes extremely close.

Why is the knife useless?

Helps conserve ammo when you have to smash crates/vases.

I just meant in combat, especially when your 2P steals all the ammo and doesn't let you have any because he thinks it's funny to see you panic...

But still, this figure is Top Notch...Nice One HT...

I want a Wesker in S.T.A.R.S outfit.He looks great in RESI 5 with the S.T.A.R.S outfit

Back