Hot Toys- VGM06-Bio Hazard 5-Chris Redfield (BSAA ver) spec + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Am I the only one slightly annoyed that the ball joint in Chris' wrists are visible?

No, you're not the only one! I reckon it makes his arms look too much like the sleeves of a jacket - you could just roll up his skin! Although, I suppose if you got his hands in the right position, you wouldn't see the joints. Either way, I am so getting him!!!!!!!

I'm also excited that we are moving closer towards a release of Chris and Sheva. I'm going to try and show my excitement by preparing them some proper fire arms ;)

Here's the repainted Ithaca m37s. Admittedly this paintjob looks less "realistic" but does a better job approximating the appearance of the guns in game(which look distressed with heavy wear on the bluing) and "reads" better for the 1/6 scale. In the first pic the bottom one is original unmodified 21c Ithaca for reference.

picture.php

picture.php

For a realistic paintjob I would have painted them flat black and them buffed them afterwards with a soft cloth to bring up the shine. If they were a parkerized finish I'd leave them as is but if blued I would give them a wash of a mixture of blue/black ink. Maybe a real light drybrush with a metalic paint or pastels to enhance the edges.

These are painted with Tamiya flat black, Tamiya gun metal, and assorted Games Workshop browns/inks. I added a loop to the base of the pistol grip with brass wire and used blacken-it to... you know blacken it :)

I didn't add the toop to the top because it seems silly and the gauge wire I had was hard enough to work with to get nice tight loops. I might get a size smaller brass wire and try again. I could also try with a different metal, maybe aluminum... but then I'd actually need to paint it which could be a drag.

Still workin' on the revision with the laser sight.

- TGM

Chris face is a lot darker than his arms.and it is not because of the lighting

I don't know if this has been mentioned already but don't you think the Flak vest from billy sole is great to make a S.T.A.R.S outfit.

Back