1/6 Hot Toys Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since this isnt an established franchise i would at least wait to see how the movie does.

The OP left out the lone ranger in the opening.

Since this isnt an established franchise i would at least wait to see how the movie does.

The OP left out the lone ranger in the opening.

I can only assume that HT and merchandisers think they can bank on the products because it's a sci-fi flick with an attractive blonde female as one of the main characters

The times we live in :lol

This seems like a weird license for HT to invest in. Isn't the biggest draw from this movie all of the ALIEN and UNIQUE creatures and worlds?

This seems like a weird license for HT to invest in. Isn't the biggest draw from this movie all of the ALIEN and UNIQUE creatures and worlds?

Hard to tell with HT nowadays ..remember they made Lone Ranger figures

I agree they should do well received franchises.

I'm sure if they did Stranger Things ..they would sell :wink1:

I can only assume that HT and merchandisers think they can bank on the products because it's a sci-fi flick with an attractive blonde female as one of the main characters

The times we live in :lol

Not to mention her acting abilities...

How about we all just let Hot Toys do what they want to do while trying to sell fans quality products. Bitching about a license now? Good grief.

Personally, I welcome the risks they're willing to take again. The trifecta of Marvel, Star Wars and DC gets old. And that's coming from a huge fan of all three.

this will bomb and HT will not do anything on it- not very hard to predict

How about we all just let Hot Toys do what they want to do while trying to sell fans quality products. Bitching about a license now? Good grief.

Personally, I welcome the risks they're willing to take again. The trifecta of Marvel, Star Wars and DC gets old. And that's coming from a huge fan of all three.

You guys seem to be missing the point most people here are making - which is that there is very good reason to believe Hot Toys won't actually release anything from this license despite their announcement with the ''figures coming soon'' bit - heck, even that prototype tease and their appearance at SDCC won't necessarily mean diddly squat. Don't ''thank'' them yet, is what we would caution....

You guys seem to be missing the point most people here are making - which is that there is very good reason to believe Hot Toys won't actually release anything from this license despite their announcement with the ''figures coming soon'' bit
...but will hold on to the license, ensuring no one else won't as well.

What I don't get is why they bother producing such risky figures like these two and yet we still haven't gotten any word on no brainers like that 1/4 Policeshoot out Arnold, or the 1/6 T1/T2 Endo, or Returns Catwoman and Penguin.

Boggles the mind.

I love how everyone assumes this movie is going to suck, when no ones even seen it yet. The only thing that I've seen that looks like it might suck so far, is that hideously dorky idiot they cast as Valerian.

I love how everyone assumes this movie is going to suck, when no ones even seen it yet. The only thing that I've seen that looks like it might suck so far, is that hideously dorky idiot they cast as Valerian.

*Ahem*
9bf14252-3ef8-4fb7-9679-7c53112dce0f-img10.jpg

The initial reviews seem to be similar to the response to Fifth Element, a movie I really enjoyed despite it's flaws, so I know I personally will probably like the movie. If HT does actually decide to release figures, I'm definitely in for Laureline.

They updated the announcement page with new photos!!!

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Whaddoya guys think? For me it'd only be the lady, and depending on what she comes with..

is the second person a male? because based on flat two-dimensional measurements from that photo, his hips-to-chest ratio is 67/52 (in mm on my screen) = 1.29, which is bigger than the the girl's above: 61/51=1.19.
from what i know about humans, it's not normal for a male.

3-man-and-woman.jpg

and "he" has a camel toe suit.

probably it's not even a boy but that new actress from Crapenant.

Back