Hot Toys Unmasked 'Murphy' Robocop Teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it is indeed a full-on battled damaged version I'll be okay with the release. I still think given the price tag on the diecast version it should have been included; but I don't get to dictate how HT does business :lol

As much as I think the final battle would look awesome, I'll probably take a pass on it. Two of the same character from the same film is something I avoid for everything except Star Wars.

You mean like the one thats used a lot here as well, jealous hater?

I read something interesting on IMDB over the weekend that reminded me of this place that I saved.

Yes, "jealous" and "hater" are overused. One word I wish more people had the courage to use is "selfish" because it's not snide, witty or name-calling. It's pretty clear to most people when someone is being selfish, not just in the case of hording something material for themselves, but in the case of tearing down others in order to build themselves up...to "win" in a sense, when "winning" is actually a completely silly, selfish, and ultimately unrewarding concept. Toy collecting attracts two distinct types of followers; art lovers who appreciate the talent, detail and passion that goes into these pieces and the characters they represent...and it attracts children. Selfish, immature, closed-minded, overly-sensitive children. I enjoy my hobby more when I connect with the first and ignore the second type.

Last edited:
As much as I think the final battle would look awesome, I'll probably take a pass on it. Two of the same character from the same film is something I avoid for everything except Star Wars.

Yeah, and from the very beginning I never loved the look of Robo with his visor off. It was sufficiently creepy but just not as "cool" and iconic. Even with regard to emotion Weller did an amazing job of conveying that through the visor with his lips and teeth.

Yeah, and from the very beginning I never loved the look of Robo with his visor off. It was sufficiently creepy but just not as "cool" and iconic. Even with regard to emotion Weller did an amazing job of conveying that through the visor with his lips and teeth.

I'll agree with that, maskless Robo always did appear creepy. It was intended, and boy did they pull it off. The shaved eyebrows, skin pulled over the metal frame, and even the bullet hole where he was shot in the head...it's all supposed to take away from Robo's coolness and badbuttness (how's that for respecting the profanity filter? :) )

It works great in a movie, to show the man who was hiding/lost in the machine and expose him once again and make him vulnerable to the villains, but in terms of having him in figure form and sitting on a shelf for display? I can understand why someone would look at it and go "Yuck" instead of "Cool!"

Yeah, I think the unmasked portrait is always a cool bonus and even though you don't see it until he's all damaged it'd still be cool. But I have to admit like most of those I'd probably never end using it so at the end of the day it's just plastic in a box :lol

I actually really like the damaged Visor on the main figure though... his eye showing through the damage of his visor was always a very striking image. A really great way of showing the audience there really was a person in there.

944387_10151423197177344_717295547_n.jpg

Pretty sure we'll be getting this version so it doesn't really bother me that much that they're making two versions. I'm surprised they didn't add a sculpt to the clean one simply out of the fact that so many fans have been waiting for a Robocop figure for years from them.

954901_550514954986837_1503557761_n.png

It works great in a movie, to show the man who was hiding/lost in the machine and expose him once again and make him vulnerable to the villains, but in terms of having him in figure form and sitting on a shelf for display? I can understand why someone would look at it and go "Yuck" instead of "Cool!"

I actually really like the damaged Visor on the main figure though... his eye showing through the damage of his visor was always a very striking image. A really great way of showing the audience there really was a person in there.

Agreed on both counts! :clap

Toy collecting attracts two distinct types of followers; art lovers who appreciate the talent, detail and passion that goes into these pieces and the characters they represent...and it attracts children. Selfish, immature, closed-minded, overly-sensitive children. I enjoy my hobby more when I connect with the first and ignore the second type.
:lol :lecture

It's difficult to engage in fun positive dialogue sometimes, when misunderstandings morph into ugly displays of tantrum prowess. :monkey4 :lol

Yeah, I think the unmasked portrait is always a cool bonus and even though you don't see it until he's all damaged it'd still be cool. But I have to admit like most of those I'd probably never end using it so at the end of the day it's just plastic in a box :lol

I personally love that they're doing a completely separate version unmasked because I'm hoping it's a Robocop 1 unmasked version. That would mean full body damage (he has bullet holes in his arm in the movie). The damaged chest and helmet is a nice bonus for the clean version, but for me personally, it's not enough damage. When he's damaged, it's all over, so I wouldn't want clean arms, legs and torso when displaying him in "damaged" form.

I also love the eye peeking through. He's so invincible up to that point, showing that the visor can be damaged and an eye through it, which is the most sensitive, delicate part of the human body, finally shows in the movie that he can actually be hurt.

If it is indeed a full-on battled damaged version I'll be okay with the release. I still think given the price tag on the diecast version it should have been included; but I don't get to dictate how HT does business :lol

Ditto. I am only interested in owning the iconic look of the character especially at these prices. Like you, my only exception to this rule is Star Wars since there were multiple iconic looks for the main characters across the movie series. For Robocop, the iconic look is the clean helmeted look which I will have in the new Diecast Robocop figure when it ships next year. The unmasked sculpt is of no interest to me and I could care less how many versions of Robocop get released going forward.

Yes, "jealous" and "hater" are overused. One word I wish more people had the courage to use is "selfish" because it's not snide, witty or name-calling. It's pretty clear to most people when someone is being selfish, not just in the case of hording something material for themselves, but in the case of tearing down others in order to build themselves up...to "win" in a sense, when "winning" is actually a completely silly, selfish, and ultimately unrewarding concept. Toy collecting attracts two distinct types of followers; art lovers who appreciate the talent, detail and passion that goes into these pieces and the characters they represent...and it attracts children. Selfish, immature, closed-minded, overly-sensitive children. I enjoy my hobby more when I connect with the first and ignore the second type.

:exactly::goodpost:

Well said. :clap

In some ways the thought still creeps me out a little. More due to the fact anytime I hear someone say Detroit I find it so hard not to think of Robocop and the steel mill.

Pretty sure we'll be getting this version so it doesn't really bother me that much that they're making two versions. I'm surprised they didn't add a sculpt to the clean one simply out of the fact that so many fans have been waiting for a Robocop figure for years from them.

954901_550514954986837_1503557761_n.png

I used to think of this back in the mid 90s. His suit was supposed to be titanium, right? one of the strong metals, right? but it's incredibly light. So how was he so heavy... yet got simple bullet holes and dents.

RoboCop's reconstructed external structure is protected by an armored shell composed of "titanium laminated with Kevlar" making RoboCop incredibly resilient against both bombs and bullets, as well as extreme impacts such as being hit by cars and falling off skyscrapers.

:lol :lecture

It's difficult to engage in fun positive dialogue sometimes, when misunderstandings morph into ugly displays of tantrum prowess. :monkey4 :lol

There's also a lot of provoking from a number of members just to piss people off just for the sheer sake of it. Then twist things to appease their agenda. The Batman section is the worst that I've seen.

There's also a lot of provoking from a number of members just to piss people off just for the sheer sake of it. Then twist things to appease their agenda. The Batman section is the worst that I've seen.

One camp might see it as provoking. Another camp might see the "provoked" people as being far too sensitive and far too easily 'provoked' into acting in a hostile manner. I personally don't think there are half as many agendas out there as people think there are. Maybe people are just too used to scheming, mustache-twirling movie villains and don't realize realize there aren't as many schemers and plotters in real life.

Totally looks like 1/4 to me. There is no way that is a 1/6 head judging from the size of the fingers.

I prefer to think it just glanced off :lecture

But yeah, you think that would have gone right through his noodle :lol

You obviously don't hang out in well known diecast forums. Otherwise you wouldn't have said this. Paint bubbles have appeared half a year or so down the line with high end cars, paint chipping and/or cracking amongst other things. Not all but it has happened a lot.

No I don't hang out in diecast forums, I can only go by the diecast stuff I've had for 25+ years and hope the quality is the same with this figure.

I can't wait to hear more about this unmasked sculpt, it looks fantastic so far. It was iconic for me seeing that face back in the day.

No I don't hang out in diecast forums, I can only go by the diecast stuff I've had for 25+ years and hope the quality is the same with this figure.

I can't wait to hear more about this unmasked sculpt, it looks fantastic so far. It was iconic for me seeing that face back in the day.

:goodpost::lecture I can't wait for the unmasked Robocop! It's my favorite version...and the best! :D

944387_10151423197177344_717295547_n.jpg

Ive been looking at this since the announcement and ive completely missed this . I'm now officially sold :rolleyes: I knew id been putting it off for too long

Back