Hot Toys Toyhunter Mark II Exclusive?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talonkard044

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Posted by kazukijun

Yes, I believe the head stand is exclusive to Hong Kong. ppl who get it direct from the Toyhunters store will be able to get it.

What is this Exclusive again?

:confused:

I know the figure comes with the unmasked head, but what is this headstand thingy?

Funny thing is they are asking posters on the HK boards to take down pics of the exclusive stand. Apparently "technical difficulties has arisen so pictures and information will be suspended for the time being" (same thing they said with the P1 figures). There has been a lot of backlash lately because only Hot Toys VIP members are able to get the stands.........perhaps Hot Toys is rethinking their strategy.

Nah or else you'd see it noted at Toys2 etc.....your best bet outside of Hong Kong is SSC doubling it as their exclusive.

Lets see,you ve got one of THE greatest looking action figures in history from(arguably)THE greatest film of the Summer then throw in something like that and say"Oh sorry,not everyone that buys one can have this",and i can fully see why people are unhappy.

I ve never understood exclusives,never have and never will.They create so much ill-feeling and animosity.Why work so hard at pissing off your core customer base??

Lets see,you ve got one of THE greatest looking action figures in history from(arguably)THE greatest film of the Summer then throw in something like that and say"Oh sorry,not everyone that buys one can have this",and i can fully see why people are unhappy.

I ve never understood exclusives,never have and never will.They create so much ill-feeling and animosity.Why work so hard at pissing off your core customer base??

I agree...companies have gone the way of the doodoo bird due to exclusives..it makes collectors lose interest in a line when they want to be a completist but they have to go to some shop off the ivory coast thats only open the 2nd thursday of each month and they only take exact change and you must do a secret dance and special handshake to get the the item:D

I agree...companies have gone the way of the doodoo bird due to exclusives..it makes collectors lose interest in a line when they want to be a completist but they have to go to some shop off the ivory coast thats only open the 2nd thursday of each month and they only take exact change and you must do a secret dance and special handshake to get the the item:D

Nice that's exactly the way I feel!!! :emperor

I would love the exclusive but am happy to get the original Mark II.
I have a Mark III already on order and am waiting for the Mark I release!

I ordered the original Mark II through Joe.
I would like the option of getting the exclusive but I'll be happy just getting the original Mark II.
And waiting for the Mark I.

SS is previewing it this week so it'll be up next week. I'm fully expecting the Mark 01 announcement by year's end.

I'd be happier if they just sold the basic figure, and any 'exclusives' were sold separately, as, or in, accessory packs. Then you could spend how ever much you wanted. But noooo that's too difficult. It would hurt their bottom line, but it wouldn't. It would cost too much in packaging and shipping, but we would have more options. Can't have stock clogging shelves, not if it really is something 'exclusive' and cool.

What I really think happened, and I'm just a cynic making assumptions, is that Hot Toys either jumped the gun in releasing this information, and are copping a backlash from loyal fans, or their 'exclusive' clientelle let the cat out of the bag when they weren't supposed to.

Toy Hunter is HT's own Brick and Mortar so it'd be the company themselves letting the cat out of the bag, I'm assuming the pics disappeared because the company didn't have complete sign off like the Dutch Pred figure. They have no problem doing exclusives and fan outcry really hasn't stopped it before. If history shows, SSC will import the exclusive as part of their package but I wouldn't be surprised if the exclusive just stayed local...

i wouldn't feel so bad if they made it available and then charged like $20 for the extra stand. They should of just made the faceplate movable and included the stand. That would make this the perfect figure.

I can't remember exactly how it looked now. Are you meaning there could be a 'likeness' issue with the stand?

Back