Hot Toys Toyhunter Mark II Exclusive?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No not that, the stand was just the torso area with the top that the extra head could snap into. I'm saying that Marvel Studios still has to finally sign off on the figure itself and that includes exclusives, they may have not gotten the final greenlight for that particular accessory because its not part of the full release.

I getcha. Unlicenced. They're hot but not that hot that they can get away with shenanigans.

I'm sure its only a matter of time, probably one of those things where someone called up the store and said "We don't have the approval for that just yet" and they took it down and went around to talk it out. Once that approval comes in if it hasn't already you'll see the pics thrown up again.

I don't want to see pics of something I wont be getting because I'm excluded. Yeah, I'm jealous of you Americans and your Sideshow exclusives. Hope Sideshow are able to get it for you guys. Thanks Mike. I do care what you have to say, even if you are a blip on my radar. :lol What am I talking about? I aint got no radar. You're cool.

Hmmm.

That is pretty bad that we in the US might not get them unless we get MK. II from Toy Hunters...

I hope it isn't the same deal with the new Bank Robber Joker from TDK.

Pics show him with one, but every dealer that is selling him don't list the fig coming with one.

:(

Lets see,you ve got one of THE greatest looking action figures in history from(arguably)THE greatest film of the Summer then throw in something like that and say"Oh sorry,not everyone that buys one can have this",and i can fully see why people are unhappy.

I ve never understood exclusives,never have and never will.They create so much ill-feeling and animosity.Why work so hard at pissing off your core customer base??

I agree. Does having an exclusive make you feel like a better person? Does the amount of something made really increase it's INTRINSIC value? No. The real value of a collectible is determined by it's materials and craftsmanship, period. In the strictest sense, collecting means to collect, as in to accumulate for oneself, for oneself to own, which implies that one will be forever keeping it, never to sell it. Buying something to resell it later is called INVESTING, or speculating, but not collecting. There is investing involved in the collecting hobby, but frankly, I think it sours it to some degree. In the grand scheme of all things in life, I think that only a few people being able to have a certain thing rather than everyone who wants one is rather petty when you think of the overall impact on the happiness and ultimate fulfillment of all people on planet Earth resulting from collectibles being made.

Last edited:
I agree. Does having an exclusive make you feel like a better person? Does the amount of something made really increase it's INTRINSIC value? No. The real value of a collectible is determined by its' materials and craftsmanship and materials, period. In the strictest sense, collecting means to collect, as in to accumulate for oneself, for oneself to own, which implies that one will be forever keeping it, never to sell it. Buying something to resell it later is called INVESTING, or speculating, but not collecting. There is investing involved in the collecting hobby, but frankly, I think it sours it to some degree. In the grand scheme of all things in life. I think that only a few people being able to have a certain thing rather than everyone who wants one is rather petty when you think of the overall impact on the happiness and ultimate fulfillment of all people on planet Earth resulting from collectibles being made.

I get the warm and fuzzy feeling on the inside :chew

The mini bust head stand would be a great bonus but the MK2 is such a great looking figure as it is, I'm not too upset I won't be getting it*, I thought the MK3 was great but :joy the more I see the MK2 the more I want it, currently my number 1 most anticipated HT order, even over the Tumbler.

*the head stand, getting the MK2 100%

I have the head stand pics if anyone is desperate to see what the fuss is about since they were removed.

Once we have an official release of the Accessories etc, then the pics will be allowed back up.
Shell
x :duff

why were the pics removed shell? i didnt know that was against the rules to have a pic of an exclusive regardless if it is in the regular release or not..?

Hmmm.

That is pretty bad that we in the US might not get them unless we get MK. II from Toy Hunters...

I hope it isn't the same deal with the new Bank Robber Joker from TDK.

Pics show him with one, but every dealer that is selling him don't list the fig coming with one.

:(

The one with the Joker is the typical stand hot toys has been using to display the alternate heads at their store. NONE of the figures have come with one to my knowledge. The Iron Man one is different, it is basically a headless bust that allows the extra alternate head to complete it.

why were the pics removed shell? i didnt know that was against the rules to have a pic of an exclusive regardless if it is in the regular release or not..?
Hiya mate,

we were contacted by HT as the items shown in the pics were prototypes and still pending approval, so they asked us to take them down.
We didn't have to I guess but they own the pieces and supply us with these wonderful things so waiting another couple of weeks to see them officially released won't matter.

They said they would let us know when they can be shown again.
So watch this space my friend :duff
x :peace

ah, so they read these boards........and perhaps see our various requests for product...... *cough* Movie Hulk *cough* :monkey3

Then why would Hot Toys even bother to show the "pending prototype" in THEIR OWN STORE'S WINDOW???? So ridiculous...

I love 'em but sometimes I just don't understand them. They throw out all these photos to magazines, show them off in their store windows (do they expect people NOT to take photos?), and then start trying to take everything down and away once photos start cropping up even though they have no one to blame BUT THEMSELVES.

Well, with SSC breathing down our neck, it already felt awkward, but with HT getting their way too now, I seriously question the independence and the sovereignty of this board, and therefore its reliability. What's next? Bribing?
The mods must decide for themselves how far they let companies meddle with board business, but don't feel surprised if people start questioning your objectivity.

Well, hopefully they'll see how excited we all are about the exclusive head stand and just drop the exclusive bit, lets all have one :D

Well, with SSC breathing down our neck, it already felt awkward, but with HT getting their way too now, I seriously question the independence and the sovereignty of this board, and therefore its reliability. What's next? Bribing?
The mods must decide for themselves how far they let companies meddle with board business, but don't feel surprised if people start questioning your objectivity.
I understand where you're coming from but SSC don't want people hotlinking images because of technical reasons, so being an SS related board and the close tie we have with them, we respect their wishes and freaks are very welcome to upload the images from their site first using photobucket for example to post, and thats fine,great even.

The HT thing was more of a request, the prototype apparently should not have been displayed from what I gather and unfortunately it was an error on their part and they asked us to remove it.
To be honest we didnt have to remove it but to help out and as a matter of courtesy we did.

So please do not think they meddle with business as they dont, it was a gesture to remove the pics and they are grateful that we did it.
I'm sure they will be formally announced soon enough and we will then have official pics and specs

Hiya mate,

we were contacted by HT as the items shown in the pics were prototypes and still pending approval, so they asked us to take them down.
We didn't have to I guess but they own the pieces and supply us with these wonderful things so waiting another couple of weeks to see them officially released won't matter.

They said they would let us know when they can be shown again.
So watch this space my friend :duff

ah that makes all the sense. I was just curious as to what happened. thanks shell :rock.

Back