Hot Toys - Toy Soul 2014: Dec 19-21 - New Figures to be Announced

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep I figured most folks would flip. This thing is huge. Like toddler size. No joke. 2 and a half to three foot tall. And remember this is a proto con traveling figure. So things like articulation are not completely worked out yet. It's a miracle they got it done to show at all. Especially with all the new stuff. This is why hot toys hired ten new sculptors and a dozen other artist last year.

And they have yet to show the DC stuff yet. Which after next year will start to be as often as Marvel if things work out right. Just think, in the next year or so we could have a completely new avengers team of figures, a completely new team of Justice league, and a huge dent into Star Wars figures from hot toys.

For everyone that complains about hot toys, and Iron man please stop. Iron man has generated enough interest and profits for both marvel and Hot toys to allow them both to expand massively. And that caused DC to do the same.

WOW! I was hoping for pics tonight, but wasn't expecting them. That is gorgeous. It would make a great standalone piece to represent all that is good about Iron Man. Very, very tempting. All those lights and the red/gold armour, plus the incredible scale of the thing -- beautiful. :drool

...For everyone that complains about hot toys, and Iron man please stop. Iron man has generated enough interest and profits for both marvel and Hot toys to allow them both to expand massively. And that caused DC to do the same.
Yep, agreed. So many of the figures we take for granted would not be possible without Hot Toys. And then there is truly epic stuff like this. It's tempting to buy just as a piece of toy history. This is an unprecedented figure.

16052725132_82ba4fc4e3_b.jpg

So AoU Thor is a retooled TDW Light Asgardian Armor Thor (save for maybe the head sculpt); AoU Cap is a mostly retooled Stealth Cap; and Mark 43 is a repaint of Mark 42. Hopefully that means they won't take too long to release.

What does it say about me that the Black Widow is the only figure in the lot that I'm interested in? It looks like they took the Winter Soldier BW head and gave it a better haircut (and maybe even better face paint too). The rest of the suit looks really busy with the blue and red, but I'm rather quite intrigued by it. Based on the film's promo images, I didn't have much interest in the AoU line before these pictures were released, and Black Widow's almost a must have for me now. Looks like tomorrow should be a pretty fun day... :yess:

Someone was thinking this would cost $400 :slap :rotfl

Yeah, $400. If HB ships in two pieces, $400 apiece. :lol

WOW! I was hoping for pics tonight, but wasn't expecting them. That is gorgeous. It would make a great standalone piece to represent all that is good about Iron Man. Very, very tempting. All those lights and the red/gold armour, plus the incredible scale of the thing -- beautiful. :drool

HB is gorgeous. He'll be my '89 Batmobile. Probably cost around the same when it's all said and done. :lol

Not to be the party pooper, but I said it before, and...what happens if, by some chance, AoU isn't good? Will there still be the same enthusiasm about these figures? :lol

Well ****. Looks like I'm in for HB, Thanos, and maybe even a new set of Avengers if SS doesn't kill me with their prices. I haven't gotten a Black Widow figure since the Avengers one--from what I can see here the new one blows the others away. Not a big fan of Hawkeye's coat though. Maybe it'll look better in-hand or in a different pose. Captain America is a must-buy. That new suit is awesome.

Seeing these new figures is like Christmas has come early!

Cap, Thanos and HB looks so Fraking bada$$ it's not even funny. Hawkeye and Widow are nice updates but I can't even tell if Thor and Hulk are different at all except for one or two tweaks. So where is Vision and Ultron? I need Thanos to pose battling Star-Lord as soon as possible!

Not to be the party pooper, but I said it before, and...what happens if, by some chance, AoU isn't good? Will there still be the same enthusiasm about these figures? :lol
For me it doesn't matter. I can't wait for Whiplash MK II and I loathed IM2. Garbage movie but it allowed a great comic character to be made. Same w/Avengers 2. I don't care how bad it is (of course I'm hoping it's great) so long as I can get great iterations of Ultron and Vision.

Just saw the photos of Thanos -- amazing. Gotta be fickle and say if I can only afford one figure from these big boys that it's gonna be him. Man, incredible time to be into 1:6 with a love of these classic characters. Even if I couldn't own any of them, it would bring me a lot of joy to see them made and in collections. *single tear rolls down cheek*

Back