Hot Toys - Toy Fairs EX - CA TFA: Captain America (Star Spangled Man Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS201 Toy Fairs EX - CA TFA: Captain America Star-spangled Man Versio

Theres no way this figure should even touch $200.:gah:

Just based on what its portraying, its supposed to be a cheap suit :slap

Sure it will be $200 plus..why well it's HT. They don't need a good reason..most of the time. If they think people are going to stampede getting this...well, ..

Re: Hot Toys - MMS201 Toy Fairs EX - CA TFA: Captain America Star-spangled Man Versio

I was hoping for something a bit more appealing for a exclusive. I am going to pass on this

This figure is more interesting looking than that one, and will appeal to comic fans. I'm happy they are doing it and plan on buying it. Years on, when the interest in films wanes and film-related figures lose interest and value, I can see the more comic accurate characters like this guy, Hulk, some of the Iron Men, and Spidey still being desirable.

I agree with you 100% . And to be completely honest , I was not crazy about captain America's new costume in the avengers . It was cool but he kind of looked liked a New England football player captain America . It just was off to me for some reason . I really think I liked the first avengers uniform better with the sky blue .i wish they would have left that outfit on him .

I can't believe they're actually putting this one out for sale!Personally, i thought this idea was shelved because of how GREAT the 2012 SE Cap sold!On a different but same note,does the face look somewhat off with this one?I thought they had the whole Chris Evans mugshot ironed out?!^_^

Theres no way this figure should even touch $200.:gah:

Just based on what its portraying, its supposed to be a cheap suit :slap

Which is why it's an exclusive.... If not it'll be as cheap or cheaper than Coulson....

It would be neat if this fig came with a 1940s celluloid-reel camera on sticks.

Why are people annoyed?
This IS the type of figure that should be a convention exclusive.

Just a little niche figure that is limited, doesn't cost much to develop and isn't going to result in massive fan rage because it should be a wide scale release.

I can't believe they're actually putting this one out for sale!Personally, i thought this idea was shelved because of how GREAT the 2012 SE Cap sold!On a different but same note,does the face look somewhat off with this one?I thought they had the whole Chris Evans mugshot ironed out?!^_^

This Cap > Rescue Cap

That's why

Another thing I don't think people are factoring in here is HT convention edition sizes. We don't know how well last year's ex. really sold, because we don't know how many are produced. 4,000 10th Anniversary exclusives were produced. That's a pretty dang large run for a "non-essential" exclusive release.

Clearly, HT overestimated demand in producing more than would be sold of last year's Cap. But that doesn't mean it didn't sell well. They must have made sufficient profit to warrant a variation of that character this year. They may reign in the edition size this year to compensate for that.

With this figure I don't even need to speculate: It has a bigger demand than the Rescue Cap. It's movie and comic book accurate
Rescue Cap was just a higher quality Dragon figure with a special helmet.
This, on the other hand, is very special. Extra special if you're a fan, like myself, of the comic books.

I'm really surprised to see this with last years Rescue Cap still hanging around. I would not be surprised if this Cap has a smaller run and ends up selling out faster than we expect.

Why are people annoyed?

Just a little niche figure that is limited, doesn't cost much to develop and isn't going to result in massive fan rage because it should be a wide scale release.

This.

I'm surprised at the reception this is getting. I wondered whatever the hell happened to this figure when it was revealed...what? Last year?? I'm pleasantly surprised that its actually gonna get released at all and am looking forward to getting it. Provided that the price is right of course.

Also, complaints that its another cap?? C'mon, for real? How many iron mans do we have? This is nothing!

I love what this figures outfit stood for in the film. It was used as propaganda. It's cheesy, yet retro and cool at the same time. It was an homage to the comic look, and showed just how cheesy the spandex outfit would look on film. The way it was incorporated in the movie was actually genius. Not only did we get the classic spandex look, but we also got a practical combat outfit. It's like having your cake and eating it too. Even the batman nor iron man films did something like this.

I'm not arguing about the quality of the movie, but the fact of the matter is, this is the only superhero movie that found a way for the hero to don both his classic, iconic spandex outfit along with an updated practical outfit...in the same film! And the fact that we are getting both is cool unto itself.

Lets show a bit more enthusiasm here fellas. :1-1:

I've been a Cap fan since I first saw him on the old Marvel Super-Heroes cartoon in the late 60s; this will be an instant "buy" for me! :yess:

I'm loving this figure, the Adam West Batman and this were some of my most wanted figures. Really hoping the price is good

okay...after watching tfa, im ordering it...girlie shorts or not

Why are people annoyed?

Exactly...Hot Toys can't win for losing in these things among fans. This is precisely why this should be a Convention Exclusive...because this will appeal to a narrower audience. Are there other characters that could be offered? Of course, but that doesn't mean Hot Toys shouldn't offer this one as an exclusive...they've already shown it at other shows including SDCC so it was going to be offered at some point.

Re: Hot Toys - MMS20X Toy Fairs EX - CA TFA: Captain America Star-spangled Man Versio

No Chitauri yet? Crap. :(

Back