1/6 Hot Toys Tomorrowland

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would buy an Athena or Casey in a heartbeat...but I don't see HT deciding now they want to do children when there is more iconic kids out there.

And Clooney is a boring character design.but IF (and its a big if) this goes into production Its gotta be him.

But again with the lackluster response to the film is see this going in the same pile as Lone Ranger, Thor 1 Loki,Xavier and Drax (but he'll come eventually :pray:)

Movie is bombing- Disney wanted a blockbuster- HT won't do a thing with it

I suppose if it's george clooney they could do that scene at the end where
Spoiler Spoiler:

It'd be a bit more interesting then plain old clooney; but for me to overlook the design and care more about the character itself i have to be a lot more invested in said character; and whilst i enjoyed the film there aren't really any characters that are must haves.
It's possible that could be the figure they make.​
Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
Saw the film and thought it was good, but it wasn't great. The only thing I want from the film is the pin, which Funko already made for $5 (although it's not 100% accurate). Funko also has some pretty unspectacular figures that are boring as hell.

But yah, this movie won the weekend but it was also the worst weekend for box office since 2001.

I really don't understand why Hot Toys is doing these figures. There can't be a high demand for these, if any. Maybe part of some deal where Disney sold the Marvel and/or Star Wars rights, if Hot Toys agreed to make figures of this movie and maybe other Disney releases. I wonder how or if this is going to effect other releases because Hot Toys has only so much people working for them and if they are working on this, that means they can't work on other stuff.

Yeah, this is a head-scratcher for HT to do figs from this movie - there are so many other choices to do. But yeah, maybe they got this license for free.

Because this didn't get the numbers Disney wanted, I doubt now that HT will make anything for it. And if they do make protos, or already have made, then I doubt they will see the light of day at this point.

Makes you wonder are Hot Toys contractually obliged to make announcements for some licenses (even when it would seem they'd be best keeping quiet until the film proves to be a winner)

It is certainly an odd choice. If they were going to go down this road... they may as well finally make the Lone Ranger haha.

I would prefer that. Although it would be cool to see a George Clooney figure no matter how boring.

This will go the way of Green Lantern, where they announced it, the film bombed and then it just went away with an obscure quote in an interview where they just plainly say "We no longer have this license."

I'm inclined to agree. But their phrasing here

'Disney's latest sci-fi movie, Tomorrowland, starring George Clooney will be hitting theatres this week. With a touch of the pin, anything is possible in this intriguing story. Will you be seeing this film with your family soon?

Stay tuned for Hot Toys' collectible based on this movie in the future.'

.....is understandably misleading. It implies that something will be made. But I guess there's a lot of future ahead of us that it could potentially be revealed in. Keep the faith people :monkey3

I'm inclined to agree. But their phrasing here

.....is understandably misleading. It implies that something will be made. But I guess there's a lot of future ahead of us that it could potentially be revealed in. Keep the faith people :monkey3

Not a chance, the movie tanked and surely Hot Toys stopped production on whatever they were making. Same deal with the Lone Ranger. I saw the movie... and I am hard pressed as to what character Hot Toys would even have made. Maybe Clooney?

Honestly I'm just trolling. I have no interest in this. I'm only drawing attention to Hot Toys hilariously announcing something that was never going to be. I wonder if they were able to keep a straight face when they posted it.

Back