Hot Toys to release whole 1/6 Avengers team!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are kinda making that argument I was talking about earlier. "It's a toy = visible joints, if you don't like it, f off and get a statue". Hot Toys figures are like statues with the ability to change poses. They are meant for display not to play with. I don't want rubber for the same reasons you said, but I can't see how it will look good with visible joints on this guy. That's it. And I hope Hot Toys can change my mind on that matter. :pray:

yeah exactly bugger off and buy a statue if you want it static, i am a little worried how it will look with exposed joints, but the Jake Sully example would work minus the abdomen joint, id happily have some rubber if it was GUARANTEED to not break down and look awful like the previous examples we have all seen

The Avatar figure is completely different than Hulk. It has lot's of things almost covering up the visible joints and the arms and legs aren't thick with lots of muscles everywhere. Turning, rotating and twisting the arms and legs on the Avatar figure won't look as weird as on Hulk. It's kinda hard to explain since English isn't my first language... :gah:

Not really, his shoulder joints are bare, his knees are bare, his neck is bare, wrists are, bare elbows bare.

The only thing covered is his waist/hip joint and the ankles

Not really, his shoulder joints are bare, his knees are bare, his neck is bare, wrists are, bare elbows bare.

The only thing covered is his waist/hip joint and the ankles

Not really. One wrist joint close to arm armor, same with knee joints and foot/ankle joints, one shoulder joint is close to his shoulder-strap which can be moved as to cover it up better, and the elbows are kinda covered up with those feathers.

Edit: It's not like the first thing you are gonna notice on the Avatar figure are those joints. But with half-naked Hulk with his big muscles... But please, don't take this as if I am defending rubber.

Last edited:
Yep he did! Used to have him. Never had any issues with the body.

Sometimes I wonder if it really is the quality of rubber which makes some rubber bodies crack. I'm starting to speculate whether it has something to do with extreme temperatures, because one would think that if it was the quality of the rubber, all rubber bodies of the same figure should be cracking up.

I really doubt Hulk will come with two headsculpts

I really hope he does come with two headsculpts.. one angry expression and one calm.

Sometimes I wonder if it really is the quality of rubber which makes some rubber bodies crack. I'm starting to speculate whether it has something to do with extreme temperatures, because one would think that if it was the quality of the rubber, all rubber bodies of the same figure should be cracking up.

I really hope he does come with two headsculpts.. one angry expression and one calm.

The rubber compounds (quality of mixes)HT uses between batches (of the same figure) differs... I've multiple repeats of the same figure of different batches, and only one among them cracks.

The rubber compounds (quality of mixes)HT uses between batches (of the same figure) differs... I've multiple repeats of the same figure of different batches, and only one among them cracks.

For the prices we are paying there shouldn't be any quality issues... :gah:

yeah exactly bugger off and buy a statue if you want it static, i am a little worried how it will look with exposed joints, but the Jake Sully example would work minus the abdomen joint, id happily have some rubber if it was GUARANTEED to not break down and look awful like the previous examples we have all seen

:goodpost:

:exactly: but no doubt we will see some. Either way this movie is going to cripple my wallet so much i'll be feeding it through a straw for a while ;)

I'm only interested in Thor and maybe Hulk.

Sucks for completionists, so many other great collectibles coming that you won't be able to afford :lol

Looking about say £1000 (give or take depending on how many are released) to complete this line.:panic:

Loki, Thor, Iron Man, Hulk, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Nick Fury, Captain America... I'd happily pay 1000 pounds for 8 figures.

A little off topic...

I really want to see how the 1/4 scale will look like. I also feel that if Black Widow doesn't look good I may not feel like trying to collect them all, but only the good few ones. I looked at the Black Widow from Iron Man 2 and was not happy with it. :pfft:

this movie is amazing so im more than willing to pay for the figures, so far i have brought fury,hawkeye and cap i am going to have to have the complete set i cant wait

Back