Hot Toys to release whole 1/6 Avengers team!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did a rough estimate.

If every Avenger figure is around 190-209, and the hulk being 400ish, this entire set will be around 1600 dollars...1800 if you add a villian. If all these figures come out prior to the movie, then I highly doubt a lot of people will end up with the complete set (unless most of you have 1800 laying around..or a kidney to sell).

Ha ha! ROTFLMAO!
By the way I have my kidney in the For Sale thread. I'd also be willing to trade for a complete avengers set. Sorry no pics yet. Trying to keep it fresh. Lol

I cant wait for this line and the film, Caps suit looks ace I think he looks like cap, the tfa suit I personally feel would have looked to old fashioned and clunky for modern Avengers that is just my opinion. Wonder who we see teased next from this line?

I hope the armor is tighter this time. There were just too many flaws with the first figure to warrant a purchase and the later I left it the closer it came to the new version being released.

I gotta admit, as excited as I am for this movie, Cap's new look sux. The FA costume and HT figure was knocked clean out of the park and this just looks terrible.

Oh well, guess I'll put together my Avengers team with their original digs.

ALL the new looks sux.

They are just made to sell new licenses for products about the new movies.

It is just a commercial issue.

If the costumes they do for the new movies are too much like the old versions of the comics costumes they think they are not going sell too many licenses since the fact that who has already a license for the comic version could sell their products taking advantage of the new movie.

So what they think??
"We design new costumes so who want to profit on the movies MUST buy a new license".

That is the reason why all the costumes of the superheroes movies are so different from the originals.
Just to SCALP more the collectors and make more money.

There´s is not passion in these new movies..... they are made just to sell stuff :dunno

ALL the new looks sux.

If the costumes they do for the new movies are too much like the old versions of the comics costumes they think they are not going sell too many licenses since the fact that who has already a license for the comic version could sell their products taking advantage of the new movie.

So what they think??
"We design new costumes so who want to profit on the movies MUST buy a new license".

That is the reason why all the costumes of the superheroes movies are so different from the originals.

There´s is not passion in these new movies..... they are made just to sell stuff :dunno

i dont mind tbh if you dont wanna buy them don't buy them. But me personally I am gettting all the new looks.

I keep hoping Cap's look will grow on me, but to no avail. I like everything but the mask, it should have been more along the lines of a helmet again. But, it's cool if you like giant chins!!:cuckoo:

ALL the new looks sux.

So what they think??

I hate when people spout ____ like that. Costumes are different in films because artists are involved in making them from the director down to the person who sets up lights. In sequels changes have been made to the look and feel of characters and designs going back to before there where much in the way of products and licensing. People do it because they want to put their creative mark on a project and often, as is the case with Cap, it's done for story reasons as well (it wouldn't make much sense for him to be wearing WWII era gear). Sure there's other motivations as well, but…

Big budget films have to be made to appeal to a wide audience and to be able to support licensed products these days simply because they cost so much. That sucks in some ways but it also means that ridiculously complex films in terms of effects can actually be made. I don't think that means you can't care about the fim you're making though, even given those constraints. Hell, I think most creative people with any sort of experience will tell you that working within constraints often creates a better end product.

If you have such a problem with large budget films, there's plenty of much smaller budget films made to appeal to smaller audiences. If you're looking for superheroes go watch Defendor or Special. Great films that I love, but it's not the same animal as a $300 million dollar film. And if you have a problem with companies making products based on their properties why in hell are you on this forum?. That said, I don't know how you can look at something like Tron Legacy for example and not recognize the design, artistry, and passion put into that film. It's a beautiful thing to see and every shot is stunning and full of wonderful stuff.

I'm just sick of all the bile.

I hope the armor is tighter this time. There were just too many flaws with the first figure to warrant a purchase and the later I left it the closer it came to the new version being released.

That's my hope as well. In both Thor and the Avengers, his arms are pretty cut. Not sure how HT can mimic THAT look for the Avengers Thor, but if they could pull that off, I would have to put my Thor Thor back in the box. :lol

The first Hemsworth sculpt was great but could have been better. Looking forward to the new one and the much anticipated Evans sculpt.

:exactly: I'm curious how they'll pull off CA.

I think they will nail the outfit and hope we get an evans headsulpt with hood like in first trailer and an extra head with helmeted like in group shot of superbowl spot?

1. Will Black Widow have sculpted hair? That could be a major thing for me. And an improved ScarJo head-sculpt?
  2. Will they release the Mark4 or a new Mark armor? In the promo pic, there is a round arc-reactor. Isnt the armor for Avengers have a triangular one? I don't own a Iron Man, so I want this to be a definitive one. Can't afford 2ndary market prices. Chance to get both at a nice cost.

1. Will Black Widow have sculpted hair? That could be a major thing for me. And an improved ScarJo head-sculpt?
  2. Will they release the Mark4 or a new Mark armor? In the promo pic, there is a round arc-reactor. Isnt the armor for Avengers have a triangular one? I don't own a Iron Man, so I want this to be a definitive one. Can't afford 2ndary market prices. Chance to get both at a nice cost.

They will make Mark VII from Avengers and the triangular one is Mark VI.

I also want sculpted hair on BW or i won't be buying her.

They will make Mark VII from Avengers and the triangular one is Mark VI.

I also want sculpted hair on BW or i won't be buying her.

:exactly: I think the body needs some tweeking too. Perhaps it looks better in person (as all HT figures do) but her breasts always bothered me. They look disproportionate.

Disproportionate on doll= bad
Disproportionate on a real girl= good

Back