Hot Toys - TMS035 - Bo-Katan Kryze (The Mandalorian Season 2)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Given the number of people who only liked Ford Han, I don't think Disney will take that risk. I think we will see other bounty hunters like Dengar in BoBF.

Can't wait to see Dengar.

U1kbeLA.png

This headsculpt looks way better than the Scarlet Witch one imo, and people are fawning about the latter.

Funny. To me it's the other way around. I see more Elisabeth Olsen in that Scarlet Witch sculpt than i see Katee Sackhoff in Bo-Katan's.

Thank you, pug!

Pre-orders for Bo are drying up all over the net. If anyone is on the fence, now would seem to be the time to bite the bullet and act!

What are our thoughts on KG Hobby? Good site to work with?

I have only bought a figure from Underground Figures (and it was fine). I've never pre-ordered with them before.

But their website says you can do a pre-order on the honor system without paying upfront if you e-mail them.

https://undergroundfigures.net/hot-toys-1-6-12-tms035-bo-katan-kryze-action-figure/

A good number of folks here have successfully ordered through KG Hobby. I think some people had their Krennics cancelled, but that happened at Popcultcha as well and that was a special case.

Everytime a new figure gets announced are we gonna say "but what about Bespin Han!!!". The OT will always be hot, they can afford to spread those figures out as much as they want, it'll come eventually. Mando is the hot new things right now, from a business perspective it makes sense to capitalise on it.

All true, and sorry for being "that guy". But as ever more marginal characters get made it seems more ludicrous.

I hate consumer behaviour, but it is what it is.

What the hell is that?

lol that is Dengar from TRoS I think.

Apparently he made himself into a cyborg or something in the ST. I think he can be found in the background on one of the planets, maybe Kijimi?

What!?

What happen to his face, why did it melt like butter? He is creepy. But better than ol' diaper-head.

He appears very briefly in IX but has a page in the visual dictionary.

They never outright say it's Dengar, but allude to it by saying his name - Rothgar Deng - is an alias, that he's originally from Corellia, and that the armor is a similar color and design.

It is supposedly Dengar with a bunch of life extending cybernetic enhancements and surgery. His face is melty and weird because he's very, very old and because the character and creature design of the ST is often very, very weak.

He appears very briefly in IX but has a page in the visual dictionary.

They never outright say it's Dengar, but allude to it by saying his name - Rothgar Deng - is an alias, that he's originally from Corellia, and that the armor is a similar color and design.

It is supposedly Dengar with a bunch of life extending cybernetic enhancements and surgery. His face is melty and weird because he's very, very old and because the character and creature design of the ST is often very, very weak.

I never knew about this. He looks and sounds like a cross between Dengar, Grievous, unmaked Vader, and a cave troll.

I never knew about this. He looks and sounds like a cross between Dengar, Grievous, unmaked Vader, and a cave troll.

"Your momma's a cave troll" being more accurate than an insult here. But yeah, it's a blink and you'll miss it moment which I wish the whole movie were.

:lol That's for sure.

Amazing to spend all that Beskar on life-extension and then forget about your face.

He probably paid credits because if he had Beskar, he'd ideally have it made into a helmet to cover up his silly putty face.

But he's at least preferable to Vuvrians like Wiosela in ANH who is a physical manifestation of trypophobia, insect phobia, and fear of multiple eyes that stare at you while low-balling you for your landspeeder.

Is it sad that I understood all of that?

Just got home from a 15hr day and nearly spit my beer out. Casually reading your post but mainly cuz I understood every word of that as well :lol Made my otherwise crappy long day!
Thanks for the laugh, Wor!

I think it'd be pretty cool if Han and Boba had to do a team up to fight a mutual enemy, and learn to put aside their differences. You could have a really fun dynamic there between Han, Chewie and Boba. But I can't see Han showing up in it honestly, it'd be cool but the deepfaking would be too much.

...Who says it would be the Harrison Ford version? Isnt he really difficult about his likeness being used? They might well use Erenreich. It's unlikely, but given the subject matter - possible. I am actually not sure he should show up, because I want Boba to be the focus of his own show.

LUCKILY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think Filoni/Favreau are FAR too respectful of source material to give us anything like that ABOMINATION of a "Dengar" pictured a few posts back. There is no way they are going to slap fans in the face like that. I just dont see them doing it. They're very respectful of their sources, and thus I think Dengar is safe. :pray:

I dont mind his head wrap. If you look closely, it seems that he is missing his right ear, and that may be why he has it on all the time.

Thank you, pug!

Pre-orders for Bo are drying up all over the net. If anyone is on the fence, now would seem to be the time to bite the bullet and act!

What are our thoughts on KG Hobby? Good site to work with?

If you can put up with them being a bit slow in sending out highly recommend KG. Bought a ton of stuff from them and on average they are pretty much cheaper than anyone else I know.

Re: Hot Toys - TMS - Bo-Katan Kryze (The Mandalorian Season 2)

Bespin Han will need to show up in the mandalorian to get made apparently

Well they do a Luke skywalker and Han scene.
Has to sit down. .....

And sorry wtf is that dengar nightmare!!

Back