Hot Toys - TMS035 - Bo-Katan Kryze (The Mandalorian Season 2)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - TMS - Bo-Katan Kryze (The Mandalorian Season 2)

Zeb and Kallus are the best parts of Rebels.

Zeb and Kallus are the best parts of Rebels.

Rebels Spoiler alert....

Kallus is a staunch imperial turned sympathiser, then defector to the rebellion done right.

Have the custom chopper but would totally buy a hot toys one.

Rebels really matured as a show.

Bo Katsn is a great figure to have although of course the mando version is totally different to the clone wars/ rebel one but I do like the real life design

Keep in mind that Disney planned to have Benioff and Weiss‎ work on a Star Wars series. Imagine season 8 of GoT set in a galaxy far, far away... :monkey3

:exactly: I love these generic soldier types. That's what I love about the different Imperial Troopers, as well. The Rebellion needs it's own "trooper" figures, too.

I would load up on hoth rebels and rebel fleet troopers.

I would load up on hoth rebels and rebel fleet troopers.

It really is strange that Hot Toys releases trooper after trooper after trooper. Sure they have no face, but isn't it possible to occasionally have some generic face sculpted and also not have to pay any likeness rights ?

It's pretty ridiculous if you ask me.

Rebels Spoiler alert....

Kallus is a staunch imperial turned sympathiser, then defector to the rebellion done right.

Interesting. That's a spoiler for me but now intrigued to see how it plays out.

Is Vader not in it much? I'm seven episodes in and apart from a brief glimpse in the first episode nothing since.

It really is strange that Hot Toys releases trooper after trooper after trooper. Sure they have no face, but isn't it possible to occasionally have some generic face sculpted and also not have to pay any likeness rights ?

It's pretty ridiculous if you ask me.

It's not the licensing that's the issue, it's painting tons and tons of heads. It must be the costliest part of production for them and they probably want to avoid it for standard troops unfortunately.

Get to da Choppa!!!!

After seeing the full Boba release I have renewed faith that Bo Katan will have an unhelmeted portrait, although it still might be as a DX option.

After seeing the full Boba release I have renewed faith that Bo Katan will have an unhelmeted portrait, although it still might be as a DX option.

I wouldn?t worry about it. She?ll be like the female Marvel characters where they have such little a accessories, a headsculpt has to be included.

For DX, consider all released Luke heads in one single head.

Interesting. That's a spoiler for me but now intrigued to see how it plays out.

Is Vader not in it much? I'm seven episodes in and apart from a brief glimpse in the first episode nothing since.

Well, I guess my response to your question is semi-spoilery too...

Vader is not in it a lot but when he is he dominates and there is some pivotal Vader stuff in there (Twilight of the Apprentice). His biggest appearances are season 2. We don't see him in season 3 or 4 though.

And the Kallus stuff is great. Rebels gave so many of it's characters real depth. And while most write it off as kiddie, that depth is often tinges with tragedy.

What makes it a little kiddie is Ezra's overconfidence. If toned down a bit, it would have been much better.

What makes it a little kiddie is Ezra's overconfidence. If toned down a bit, it would have been much better.

I always felt like he was like that so Kanan could continue to be the wise mentor to him. They never got to the level of when Anakin matched Kenobi as a peer instead of a student.

I love the show but it was too Ezra centric, which I understand since it was made for Disney’s XD channel.

The show was best when it moved away from putting Ezra front and center all the time in later seasons, and I wish the main characters had been Hera and Kanan with Ezra as a secondary protagonist.

Well, they could go two ways with that portrait....either an animated style (like the CW Ashoka they PO'd) or a "live action" one based on Katie.

BO KATAN CW.JPG

BO KATAN.JPG

My preference would be the Katie version. Let's just hope it's not another vacant stare vague looking one that falls between the two.

Back