Hot Toys - TMS035 - Bo-Katan Kryze (The Mandalorian Season 2)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - TMS - Bo-Katan Kryze (The Mandalorian Season 2)

Yes, sculpted hair is a must.

If I hear one person mention they want rooted hair, please refer to this picture.

hot-toys-avengers-infinity-war-black-widow-figure-with-age-of-ultron-black-widow-e1566523426775.jpg

The red hair looks way better, but yeah...no.

I've seen rooted hair look amazing, but its rare.

Will be very happy with a bare bone figure, i don't need those extra effects or sculpted base. Give me a Katee HS, helmet, jetpack, blasters, a few hands and i'll be good.
I can?t think of much more she could come with, I think the only accessory you didn?t mention is her wrist blade.

As much as i'd like to add her to the shelf, i don't see her coming. I already feel pretty lucky we're getting a Bo-Katan
Definitely, though I?d never say never but I?d assume there will be a Black Series or Funko Pop before Hot Toys.
Yes, sculpted hair is a must.

Definitely, this is the main reason I haven?t picked up a Black Widow and it though I?m collecting the Guardians at the minute I?m passing on Gamora until Vol3 where they might do sculpted hair.

Hot Toys I charge you to do a rooted hair version on par with Asmus Gimly and upcoming Gandolf. Make it happen! :lol

If I hear one person mention they want rooted hair, please refer to this picture.

:cool:

Luv rooted hair. :monkey3 I don't fear it -it's just FIBER anyway. If I can spend time futzing with tiny rifle parts, I can spend time with some fibers. Same thing IMO - fiddly hand work.

But I'm less careful than some - for me the hair doesn't have to be exact, just flow, sort of...which means sort of pushing it into place, or using a pic, like a small nail. Smoothing with a little water etc.

But changed my mind and not sure if I will get Bo-Katan, or not; not sure where the show is going; and not sure I wanna spend even tho luv the mask.

Kinda messes my season 1/2 shelf up; over the long term, she looks like she did more in the show than Cara, who definitely should have been there for S1/2. Dunno yet. Including a Darksaber would swing things for me, but Gideon already has that. Also I just feel like I need to ratchet back $$$$ 'coz am sure I am gonna want Obi-Wan.

On the other hand this could be just too awesome. Maybe they will give her a light up head.:monkey3

I would prefer sculpted hair. Realistic rooted hair just costs too much for Hot Toys to do it at their price point so it almost always looks doll like, though I was fairly impressed by the rooted hair on the Civil War figures.

That said, I had two Infinity War Black Widow figures. One was from an earlier order and one from later. The first one looked like that, but the later production figure had almost perfectly styled hair so I am a firm believer in the Wor-Gar Second Batch Club™.

All of the female Star Wars characters to date by Hot Toys have had sculpted hair. I don’t see this being different.

All of the female Star Wars characters to date by Hot Toys have had sculpted hair. I don’t see this being different.

Leia, Jyn, and Rey all have short hair that's tied back, braided, or in a bun (or two) so it's never been an issue. But they seem to be moving away from rooted hair in general, so if there is a head sculpt, I expect this to be rooted as well.

Leia, Jyn, and Rey all have short hair that's tied back, braided, or in a bun (or two) so it's never been an issue. But they seem to be moving away from rooted hair in general, so if there is a head sculpt, I expect this to be rooted as well.
True, but I still don’t think they’ll do rooted hair on Bo-Katan.

True, but I still don’t think they’ll do rooted hair on Bo-Katan.

Agreed, and I think Hot Toys will avoid rooted hair when they can moving forward. Even the solo movie Black Widow figure that was teased had very long hair that was sculpted.

Last edited:

If they do rooted hair then I sure hope they offer a helmet only version. No desire to pay money for an expensive Barbie Doll.

Regardless of where you fall on the rooted vs sculpted debate, I'm pretty sure this one will be sculpted as it will be easier to do the hair and the headband all in one sculpt.

Sad that HT is so inferior to Asmus in rooted hair. 52249885-CAB7-4F0E-9659-07A4B9D95ECC.jpg

View attachment 506823

The AOU one was very bad. Not just the hair, but the sideward glance eyes, and a bad paintjob that took away from the likeness.
But they can both be saved with some hot water, and a bit of styling.
I'm not advocating for rooted on Bo Katan, but just playing devil's advocate for rooting. I have seen some incredible work done on stock HT sculpts either with a slight repaint/re-rooting, or just work done on the hair itself.
Tell me these don?t look good, my friend?

d2ee74314d71ae3c3d2e5968937c119d.jpg

dbcb4148f13c029f0d5cf6b64bc28cbc.jpg

0b8d2e979ab4d75ee4f3d4fe7ad31607.jpg

36ff645e2439ac3fc4b5882021696243.jpg

20bc8cf2151abba04f447c5cf98ceb46.jpg

I would prefer sculpted hair and its going to come with sculpted hair if it has a head sculpt at all.

Not everyone has the will or the skill to be a miniature hairdresser, and they shouldnt have to get their $250 figure looking decent either.

I would prefer sculpted hair and its going to come with sculpted hair if it has a head sculpt at all.

Not everyone has the will or the skill to be a miniature hairdresser, and they shouldnt have to get their $250 figure looking decent either.

Of course. I didn’t mean to imply this level of detail is attainable by everyone, or that you need to do this to make a headsculpt look good.
I have my fingers crossed for Bo having sculpted hair myself. We might not even get a sculpt, lol. So any will be good at this point.

Back