Hot Toys - TMS033 & TMS034 - The Mandalorian: Boba Fett (Regular and Deluxe versions)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nomad Fett will likely stand with a couple of Tuskens...
I'm interested to see if they release the new Tusken Tribe from the show. I want to do a similar setup but there's a noticeable difference between the OT / Mando Raiders and these ones.

suspicious-eyes.gif

fa85f84a538345544ba8345b107a7f2b.jpg

He isn't fat like Chris Farley was fat, but he is way too fat to play a post ROTJ Boba Fett, what are we blind? Look at the pictures and how his armor is supposed to fit, watch him try to "run" through the Tatooine desert in his pajamas or try to make any athletic move🤭. Morrison moves like an old tubby clumsy guy and Boba Fett had a sleek athletic build who made very deliberate moves. Morrison's acting is terrible. He constantly slips up saying things like "mate", "bugger", etc. He makes these goofy faces, and why the f*** is "Boba Fett" constantly taking his helmet off? Now this "Boba Fett" wants to rule with respect and doesn't want to be a bounty hunter? Some people are so desperate to consume "Star Warz" that you are willing to blindly overlook anything.

View attachment 554300

View attachment 554301

View attachment 554298

View attachment 554299
It seems someone needs a reminder of their favourite actress, Gina Carano, and how she wasn’t exactly in the best shape of her life going into Mando season 2. Temuera Morrison is 60, Gina Carano is 20 years younger and a professional athlete, what’s her excuse?

Not that at the end of the day it really matters whether she, Temuera, or anyone else in these shows are a little on the stockier side, people are built differently from each other. There’s no need for everyone in Star Wars to be skinny or athletic types, it’s an entire galaxy which would be full of different shapes and sizes. It keeps things more realistic.

Anyway, back to the figure, any reviews or in-hand pics yet?

I've been considering canceling this one if I can get SS to refund or redirect my NRD (they sometimes allow it once a year). I have the throne version on PO and it's not like I'm such a Boba fan that I need every iteration. That said, after the last episode of BoBF, the robed version would pair nicely with Tuskens if HT ends up producing the tribe leader and/or the female black-robed Tusken. I have a couple of months to decide since I flexpayed the DX, so will see where the series goes.

Just wanted to share a pic of the Pre-Pro Fett! So excited for this set, wanted to show a picture of an amazing look I find doesn’t get enough love. I think it is so interesting visually. Cannot wait to pair this with the Tusken Boba and Weathered armour.
94529E1B-6348-46EA-9ABF-7D07ED758197.jpeg

The weathering on the helmet isn’t great compared to the show, especially noticeable on the red section.

I've only seen one helmet maker so far, out out dozens who've attempted this version, even come remotely close to show accuracy. I think Hot Toys did the best anyone can do replicating it at 1/6 and I'm actually pretty impressed.

Last edited:
I've only seen one helmet maker so far, out out dozens who've attempted this version, even come remotely close to show accuracy. I think Hot Toys did the best anyone can do replicating it at 1/6 and I'm actually pretty impressed.
100% this. I generally think HT does a stellar job with head sculpts, including this helmet weathering. It's always important to keep in mind that this helmet will be 1.5 inches tall and you're never going to look at it as close as these pictures provide. It'll be an amazing set on-shelf.

It seems someone needs a reminder of their favourite actress, Gina Carano, and how she wasn’t exactly in the best shape of her life going into Mando season 2. Temuera Morrison is 60, Gina Carano is 20 years younger and a professional athlete, what’s her excuse?

Not that at the end of the day it really matters whether she, Temuera, or anyone else in these shows are a little on the stockier side, people are built differently from each other. There’s no need for everyone in Star Wars to be skinny or athletic types, it’s an entire galaxy which would be full of different shapes and sizes. It keeps things more realistic.

Anyway, back to the figure, any reviews or in-hand pics yet?

After the first two episodes I can confidently say that Morrison is the worse actor of two. And he is the lead in a show supposedly about Boba Fett. Carano was only a supporting actress and she never looked as ridiculous as Morrison on screen.

I'm surprised we haven't gotten so much as any in-hand photos yet, wonder if anything's going on in HK that's preventing people from picking their figures up

So none of the folks who get the day one releases have picked this set up and done a review yet?
I wonder the same
I'm surprised we haven't gotten so much as any in-hand photos yet, wonder if anything's going on in HK that's preventing people from picking their figures up
Beyond the blogger photos, there really is a dearth of in-hand images or video. Think I saw exactly one photo going around of the deluxe set in the clamshell tray and zero in-hand photos of them removed. Maybe they're all still recovering from the cost of Golden Armor Wonder Woman and Battle-Damaged Mark 85.

He isn't fat like Chris Farley was fat, but he is way too fat to play a post ROTJ Boba Fett, what are we blind? Look at the pictures and how his armor is supposed to fit, watch him try to "run" through the Tatooine desert in his pajamas or try to make any athletic move🤭. Morrison moves like an old tubby clumsy guy and Boba Fett had a sleek athletic build who made very deliberate moves. Morrison's acting is terrible. He constantly slips up saying things like "mate", "bugger", etc. He makes these goofy faces, and why is "Boba Fett" constantly taking his helmet off? Now this "Boba Fett" wants to rule with respect and doesn't want to be a bounty hunter? Some people are so desperate to consume "Star Warz" that you are willing to blindly overlook anything.

View attachment 554300

View attachment 554301

View attachment 554298

View attachment 554299
It’s like you’re afraid of something new. We’ve literally seen 5 minutes of Boba Fett in the OT, a character that merely looked cool. That’s where his popularity came from, he barely did anything. I can admit the show isn’t perfect, but seeing more of my favorite SW character is enough for me. Would I have liked to see a random skinny, lanky guy in a suit that looks like Jeremy Bulloch and never takes his helmet off with zero personality nor character arc for 6 episodes? Maybe, but how would that be different from the Mandalorian? We already have that guy lol.

I don’t think it’s fear of something new, it’s not liking what is being done. I was pumped for this show and I hate it so far. I am glad so many people like it, but I hate the tusken scenes. I have many other gripes but whatever. I wonder if people’s enjoyment of the show depends on age. I’m 46 so I’m primarily ot and dislike his portrayal. Maybe people younger who don’t have the ot attachment don’t care as much? Some people just love fett and want him anyway they can see him. In any event, I hope the rest of the season is great and makes me want to buy figures. Right now, it doesn’t.

Back