Hot Toys - TMS033 & TMS034 - The Mandalorian: Boba Fett (Regular and Deluxe versions)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So none of the folks who get the day one releases have picked this set up and done a review yet?
Usually MRCcollectionventures is one of the first.

Yeah, probably getting over Deluxe Wonderwoman. However 2 figures will take a bit of time to film and edit etc as well I guess.

Can't wait to see this one in 4K video with good lenses !

I don’t think it’s fear of something new, it’s not liking what is being done. I was pumped for this show and I hate it so far. I am glad so many people like it, but I hate the tusken scenes. I have many other gripes but whatever. I wonder if people’s enjoyment of the show depends on age. I’m 46 so I’m primarily ot and dislike his portrayal. Maybe people younger who don’t have the ot attachment don’t care as much? Some people just love fett and want him anyway they can see him. In any event, I hope the rest of the season is great and makes me want to buy figures. Right now, it doesn’t.
That’s fine, but when the main argument is “TeM fAt, loOk baD!”, it’s not very convincing.

Devel:
It’s like you’re afraid of something new. We’ve literally seen 5 minutes of Boba Fett in the OT, a character that merely looked cool. That’s where his popularity came from, he barely did anything. I can admit the show isn’t perfect, but seeing more of my favorite SW character is enough for me. Would I have liked to see a random skinny, lanky guy in a suit that looks like Jeremy Bulloch and never takes his helmet off with zero personality nor character arc for 6 episodes? Maybe, but how would that be different from the Mandalorian? We already have that guy lol.

You know, I may be an idiot and all but even I can find room in my heart for all Boba Fetts: The sleek one in the films. The stone-cold bad-ass in the EU and the comics. And now *this* guy, who is fresh from nearly dying in the sarlacc [do not forget the poison gasses], then suffered multiple blows to the head sufficient to cause concussion, beaten with sticks, kicked in the kidneys repeatedly, fried under two suns for DAYS completely unprotected, fought a giant monster and who nearly died from lack of water. And people are all like, "...that ripped flightsuit isnt very flattering." Okay.

"DYING MAN NOT HOT ENOUGH," proclaimed the fans, just as they did when Mando was first unhelmed onscreen. I actually feel very protective toward characters I like.

If Tem Morrison is fat, then Gina Carano is fat. If you [general you, not Devel] can diss Tem then we can diss Gina. And I have not even started on her flat, completely wooden acting or the intelligence-level it would take to get yourself booted out of the hottest SW property in thirty years. Boom.

Now, Im not gonna go there. But realize that such criticisms can go two ways.

Last edited:
Usually MRCcollectionventures is one of the first.

Yeah, probably getting over Deluxe Wonderwoman. However 2 figures will take a bit of time to film and edit etc as well I guess.

Can't wait to see this one in 4K video with good lenses !
Oh yes. I still still hear that "CRACK" as he tried to articulate the figure. Oh the pain...
Looking forward to his enthusiastic take on this set.

437-D0-C70-808-D-4-D01-A4-A9-F07-C6555823-C.jpg

This last episode was fantastic. I’m not getting this pack as it won’t fit my collection, but this will sell out quick.

Yea, I’m good, but I’m happy for everyone who is getting one.
Haha I am just joking around. I am just super excited about this but yeah I mean I get it…if it doesn’t fit it doesn’t fit. Just like the Mysterio etc, amazing figures and top rated but doesn’t fit my collection.

Watch them release the robed figure separately now, with more accessories.
It would be a good move but tbh I can’t imagine wanting more than what they have. There are some difference too I believe. Only thing I noticed was the wrapped gloves rather than the more Mando esque gloves. I mean oh well…this set comes with so much and I actually love those environment bases.

That’s fine, but when the main argument is “TeM fAt, loOk baD!”, it’s not very convincing.

Well Morrison *is* too fat to play Boba but that's not the only reason the show is a major disappointment, it's just the most obvious. Off the top of my head just from episode 2....snorting lizards as a drug, The Sons of Anarchy in Tatooine, Michael Jackson Thriller now in Star Wars, the evil Transcontinental Railroad, awful cgi, Fett returns to Tusken camp instead of fetching the Slave 1, etc etc. I could make whole separate laundry list from episode 1 but why?

The one thing from the entire show in the positive column is the Wookiee. I want to see him tear Morrison's arms off. That guy looks like someone you don't **** with. Unlike the "star" of the show, formerly known as the most mysterious and feared bounty hunter in the galaxy.

Well Morrison *is* too fat to play Boba but that's not the only reason the show is a major disappointment, it's just the most obvious. Off the top of my head just from episode 2....snorting lizards as a drug, The Sons of Anarchy in Tatooine, Michael Jackson Thriller now in Star Wars, the evil Transcontinental Railroad, awful cgi, Fett returns to Tusken camp instead of fetching the Slave 1, etc etc. I could make whole separate laundry list from episode 1 but why?

The one thing from the entire show in the positive column is the Wookiee. I want to see him tear Morrison's arms off. That guy looks like someone you don't **** with. Unlike the "star" of the show, formerly known as the most mysterious and feared bounty hunter in the galaxy.
What’s so bad about a space biker gang and drug runners in the Outer Rim?

What’s so bad about a space biker gang and drug runners in the Outer Rim?

If you don't see a problem with it I can't help you. I like parts of CW too, but you have watched too many cartoons. Next thing you know we will have space horses running across the top of Star Destroyers. Oops too late, Disney already did that too:slap

If you don't see a problem with it I can't help you. I like parts of CW too, but you have watched too many cartoons. Next thing you know we will have space horses running across the top of Star Destroyers. Oops too late, Disney already did that too:slap
Star Wars is for children, live action or animated, if you don’t realise that by now I can’t help you either :lol.

Pretty much anything is possible in the Star Wars universe, if space bikers and drug cartels are too much for you wait until you hear about the space wizard monks :lol

Back