1/6 Hot Toys - TMS 021 - The Clone Wars: Ahsoka Tano Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see NOTHING of Rosario Dawson in this sculpt.

Probably because it isn't based on Rosario Dawson at all and is more of an interpretation of the Clone Wars version. Ahsoka is about 17 here and she'll be around 45 in Mando.

Is anyone else seeing Rosario Dawson in the head sculpt?

6dcfe3d3998554e8d602b1ca708c12d0.jpg

I see a small hint of it. Not like it's fully based on Rosario Dawson, but more like it's absolutely plausible that this version of Ahsoka would look like her when grown up.

Probably because it isn't based on Rosario Dawson at all and is more of an interpretation of the Clone Wars version. Ahsoka is about 17 here and she'll be around 45 in Mando.

I was just sharing my opinion in aswer to all of those who see Rosario Dawson in this sculpt.

Everytime I think of unloading my collection, something cool gets released, and I'm all like... "Well god dangit. I can't just sell all of them and have this figure stand by itself can I?" Yeah, I'll be getting this, she'll stand between my Anakin and Obiwan, and these figures will keep taking up space until I expire or I'm forced to liquidate all my assets.

I see NOTHING of Rosario Dawson in this sculpt.

I see a small hint of it. Not like it's fully based on Rosario Dawson, but more like it's absolutely plausible that this version of Ahsoka would look like her when grown up.

The head sculpt is clearly based on Ashley...

While I do think they could have given her slightly larger eyes and a more angled face and it would have still fited the "real life" aesthetic, I am struck that this face seems very much to be based off Ashley and not Rossario. And for that I am happy :clap. I don't have a problem with Rossario, I'm actually a fan of a lot of her work and am sure she will do a great job, but I love Ashley getting the recognition for this version.

Position the headpiece where Hot Toys has theirs. The nose and facial structure bear a strong resemblance. Or just look at a regular picture of her and you can see it?s clearly ?based? on her features and not Rosario?s

Everytime I think of unloading my collection, something cool gets released, and I'm all like... "Well god dangit. I can't just sell all of them and have this figure stand by itself can I?" Yeah, I'll be getting this, she'll stand between my Anakin and Obiwan, and these figures will keep taking up space until I expire or I'm forced to liquidate all my assets.

Ha
When I became one with the force, my wife is going to be pissed when she realizes how much crap I actually have.

Instant PO for me. I think they did a great job of capturing a realistic likeness that still resembles the animated character. I like the simplistic look of the costume and the fact it's based on Season 7 so that I can pair her with ROTS Anakin and not have it look out of place.

Something is off putting about this face sculpt.
I think its because her cheeks are too full and her lips are red? Pretty sure they are brown in the show.

This is a cool release and all but I think Gentle Giant did a better job making a realistic version of Ahsoka with their statue and bust.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I agree on cheeks but doubt if it can be done better. In the series, eye+cheekbone region is wider and chin is narrower, making it somewhat triangular. Since HT went for realism, they can't replicate that exactly. Maybe making a leaner face would have helped.

Instant PO for me. I think they did a great job of capturing a realistic likeness that still resembles the animated character. I like the simplistic look of the costume and the fact it's based on Season 7 so that I can pair her with ROTS Anakin and not have it look out of place.

It’s incredible that they managed to make her look like the animated character and also like a real person. What a beautiful prototype.

Who tf is Ashley? Lol [emoji23] sorry I?m uninformed:/

If I saw Rosario in the face I would say but I?m pretty sure they based it on neither of them..

It looks fine [emoji2369], I?m more surprised by some of the reactions though [emoji24]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back