1/6 Hot Toys - TMS 021 - The Clone Wars: Ahsoka Tano Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While everyone else seems to be complaining about something I'll add that she is a bit too clean for me.

That maybe fits for the CW series, but more reason for me to wait and see what the Mando S2 live action version brings.

Then again who am I kidding, I'll probably get both.

Note : Mando version can't use the same headsculpt (although HT may try) as there is roughly a 25 year gap between end of Clone Wars 18 BBY and Mando series 7 ABY.

BBY = Before Battle of Yavin
ABY = After Battle of Yavin

https://collider.com/star-wars-timeline-explained/#prehistory

Not to nitpick - but Mando is 9 ABY (just mentioning since you're a big enough fan to use BBY/ABY in your post haha).

Battle of Endor is 4 years after Yavin, Mando was stated to be 5 years after the end of Return of the Jedi.

Mostly because of the flatness of the costume and smooth textures.

Yeah. Think it's a nice fig. But if I get an Ahsoka at all, will be a Mando version. Will pick up CW Obi-Wan - think it's a nice arc with Sideshow's Obi-Wan on the shelf. Esp. since Mythos Obi-Wan is carrying the old armor.

Pre-ordered.

I don't think she'll sell out right away but not taking the chance.

Got my pre-order in.

With how well Ahsoka merchandise sells, and how in demand this figure was, I absolutely see this pre-order selling out everywhere. I think Ahsoka is easily the most popular Star Wars character right now and I think we'll see her get worked into more stories in the future. I know the focus is on her and Rex in season 2 of The Mandalorian, but it'd be a missed opportunity if she wasn't working with fellow former Jedi Cal Kestis and Cere Junda in the next Fallen Order game, and I can't imagine her not crossing paths with Luke at some point too. It'd be cool if we found out she was the one who taught him how to build his lightsaber.

Either way, this will sell out as Ahsoka is tops in Star Wars right now.

And because of that HT will flood market with her so i bet we will see her on shelves months after release, maybe even for below retail price.

This looks fantastic. Congratulations to everyone ordering her! I really dig the more real world likeness. Seems to have hint of Ashley in the sculpt

Personally I like my HT’s figures as if they jumped right out of the screen and into my little hands. Not a fan of going through a “realism interpretation filter”. I’m not a Marvel collector but from what I recall I really liked what HT did with their Spiderman Universe Morales figure. CW Cartoon has such a beautiful style of art. I wish that was translated to 1/6 scale. Not these rehashed of Anakin, Obi Wan heads sculpts in CW gears. Anyways “I have spoken”!

Personally I like my HT?s figures as if they jumped right out of the screen and into my little hands. Not a fan of going through a ?realism interpretation filter?. I?m not a Marvel collector but from what I recall I really liked what HT did with their Spiderman Universe Morales figure. CW Cartoon has such a beautiful style of art. I wish that was translated to 1/6 scale. Not these rehashed of Anakin, Obi Wan heads sculpts in CW gears. Anyways ?I have spoken?!

Spider-Verse doesn?t connect to the MCU though, Clone Wars directly connects to Revenge of the Sith, of course they are going to make it realistic. I want to display my Rex and Cody side by side without them looking totally different.

I thought this debate was already over with Rex.

Wow, I was really against anything in a realistic style for TCW figures but this Ahsoka blows me away. Despite the "realism" I see aspects of both her animated look and Ashley Eckstein's features as well. Even with it not being a straight screen accurate match it still jumps out to me as being 100% Ahsoka. Amazing.

ahsoka-tano_star-wars_gallery_5f469654402b2.jpg

Not to nitpick - but Mando is 9 ABY (just mentioning since you're a big enough fan to use BBY/ABY in your post haha).

Battle of Endor is 4 years after Yavin, Mando was stated to be 5 years after the end of Return of the Jedi.

Of course I was only going by the dates in the extensive detailed timeline in the link.

Either way, the point is she'll be significantly older in Mando S2. So should be an interesting comparison with the sculpt HT comes up with for S2 Mando, or for the figure from her own show should that be a reality down the road.

The first figure of another cash cow for Hot Toys during the next decade.

Back