1/6 Hot Toys - TMS 008 - The Mandalorian: Bounty Hunter Droid IG-11 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - TMS 008 - The Mandalorian - Bounty Hunter Droid IG-11 Collectible Fig

Plus they clearly seemed to be setting up a fun dynamic and partnership between the two characters with the way they worked together, so I can't see them tossing that aside so quickly.
He has a reason to come looking. I hope he does. Wicked figure

Re: Hot Toys - TMS 008 - The Mandalorian - Bounty Hunter Droid IG-11 Collectible Fig

He?ll be back. He?s been shown in a scene with Cara Dune on one of the commercials...
Cara: who are they looking for?
IG: The Mandalorian (Kiwi droid voice)

Oh yeah I forgot about that. And I also just noticed he's on the promo image on the Disney app. So clearly we'll be seeing more of him.

Screenshot_20191117-003716.jpg

He?ll be back. He?s been shown in a scene with Cara Dune on one of the commercials...
Cara: who are they looking for?
IG: The Mandalorian (Kiwi droid voice)

If he's back I'll get him...kinda reminds me of K2SO, sort of. Great dynamic.

I wonder how that'll play out, we didn't see the Mando take his body out of that encampment right?

I also wanted no force, Jedi, and laser swords, but I do like the little guy and hopefully they don?t make ithe force thing overpower the main characters story.

It has been mentioned in the bounty hunter books that IG-88 had several bodies. When one would be terminated the AI (his memories) would load up into a another one. I figure they?ll use that here since he was killed in at the end of the first episode and we see him in at least another scene w/Cara Dune - hopefully more!

As far as IG-11 returning, either Filoni or Favreau joked other characters would be repeatedly confusing him for IG-88, which as far as I remember hasn't happened yet. So it's still to come.
So yeah what looks like a "kill" shot, is likely just enough for the Mando to get away with the Yoby.
As IG-11 he explained earlier his core circuitry could have survived this blast too, and he'll likely be up and hunting the Mando and Yoby soon enough.

Hopefully they add a slide up self destruct panel since it was open half the time :lol

He already has more screen time and has done so much more than IG-88 ever did so I?m happy to add him to the collection. I hope HT gives us a lot more from this show! I have spoken.
Yeah I was thinking that too about the self destruct panel / thermal detonator. Wouldn't be hard for them to integrate into the design, and would be a nice little feature.
Agree! If it's not hidden inside that panel already, they really do need to add a door and inside his slf-destructing little thermal-detonating heart ! LOL! :lol

If he's back I'll get him...kinda reminds me of K2SO, sort of. Great dynamic.
I was thinking that too. I regret passing on K2SO. He goes for high prices now too.

Yeah now that I think of it, it would have been awesome to have a "Droid shelf" in my SW collection with all the various Sideshow and HT droids that have been made so far.

So looking at the product pics vs ep 1 and the bandoleers are all kinds of wrong. They couldn't do a self destruct reveal as the current version of the figures has the bandoleers covering that section. Hope they fix them up.

【The Mandalorian - 1/6th scale IG-11 Collectible Figure】

View attachment 467607
attachment.php
]
So looking at the product pics vs ep 1 and the bandoleers are all kinds of wrong. They couldn't do a self destruct reveal as the current version of the figures has the bandoleers covering that section. Hope they fix them up.
AokOl12.jpg

Looks like in the display ^ and photo-shoot model, they internationally and oddly fastened the bandoleer hi, so as to specifically help obscure that area, and potentially the presence of this feature, if there was a hint of the surprise "door-panel", it might have constituted potential spoiler, so maybe they were obliged to cover it, for display?

AEWFoIc.jpg

The bandoleer might naturally hang lower
^, exposing it.
Hopefully that's the case, and his self-destruct detonator-heart feature, is in fact hidden behind it. ;)

Fingers crossed !

I have a feeling his saying to Kuiil that he needs a crew will have him restarting this droid for that purpose. I kind of wish that the UgnaNolte had gone with him.

Really torn on whether or not to put a deposit down on the Mando, seeming we might get a deluxe with Yogwai. However, getting in on IG-11 early is a no-brainer. Look at K-2SO and his secondary market price as reason enough not to drag your heels on IG-11.

Really torn on whether or not to put a deposit down on the Mando, seeming we might get a deluxe with Yogwai. However, getting in on IG-11 early is a no-brainer. Look at K-2SO and his secondary market price as reason enough not to drag your heels on IG-11.

It'd be highly unusual for them to announce a deluxe later, at least one near the same release. Jedi Luke was at least a year and a half between the two releases.

It'd be highly unusual for them to announce a deluxe later, at least one near the same release. Jedi Luke was at least a year and a half between the two releases.

I really hope that's the case and they don't do a deluxe. I'd rather get the a full Beskar version with the Asset, and hopefully a headsculpt.

That what the case for ROTJ luke so they may do the same thing if the show is doing well.
A Toy Fair Exclusive Version is also a possibility.
The best thing would be they include it free of charge, like they did for the lightsaber with TFA Rey but there is like 0.1% of chance I guess.

I still wouldn't rule out having them add the yoddler to this set. That way you need this set and the final outfit figure, which would have the potential sculpt.

There's also a chance that HT wasn't provided any Yaby assets. Disney tried really hard to keep it under wraps. Maybe HT knew about it when we did.

Well the new Luke was basically a deluxe version of the Endor Luke they were already planning to release, so I'm not sure I'd rely too heavily on that as a barometer of anything.

Back