1/6 Hot Toys - TMS 008 - The Mandalorian: Bounty Hunter Droid IG-11 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - The Mandalorian - IG-11 Collectible Figure

There?s apparently a running gag in the series where he gets sick of people calling him IG-88

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG_6858.jpg

IMG_6847.jpg

IMG_0824.jpg

IMG_2764.jpg

Re: Nice, Thanx!

There?s apparently a running gag in the series where he gets sick of people calling him IG-88
Assuming he's just killing anyone who gets it wrong.
So yeah by then there is never anyone left who got close enough to spread the word it's not 88, but another :D :LOL!

IG-11 looks great, but I think a lot of that admiration comes from my built-in love of IG-88 for the past 38 years. That said, I think I'll hold off on picking up IG-11 in hopes that HT eventually gives us their version of 88. That Mando however....need that for sure.

Cool looking IG variant but would have loved to have seen a HT IG-88. I guess if the show is the Star Wars trip I've been craving (but not getting) from the sequel trilogy my thoughts on these figures - which currently is like they are from a cool looking video game I've never played - might change.

There's been various incarnations of IG in comics and other SW product over the years so a "new IG" is not exactly a new idea but I totally loved seeing him in action in the Mando teaser (even if it did have a bit of video game cut-scene vibe.)

Currently the Mando himself has a bit of a SDCC cosplayer vibe to me - like a 501st Fett fan original creation - but again if the show is really cool I may love him as much as Fett himself by this time next year. Just hard to say at this point with no context.

Re: Hot Toys - TMS 008 - The Mandalorian - Bounty Hunter Droid IG-11 Collectible Fig

Just getting back to those IG-11 hands vs the pincers of IG-88. The hands look like they've been totally bolted on.

Wonder if we'll see that change/upgrade in the series ? No doubt they found that problem when doing the CG. How is he going to hold guns etc properly ?

71679384_10156550925082344_5732799824168747008_o.jpg

Re: Hot Toys - TMS 008 - The Mandalorian - Bounty Hunter Droid IG-11 Collectible Fig

Notice the product code for television series has been changed to "TMS", likely will be applied for figures from future Cassian and Obiwan series too.

Notice the product code for television series has been changed to "TMS", likely will be applied for figures from future Cassian and Obiwan series too.

Bring them on !!!

My most anticipated villain to be physically manifested into HT figure would absolutely be Moff Gideon, currently known as ”Meth Krennic”, credit to @CaptainTrips :lol
View attachment 467569

This guy has achieved the rank of Moff within Imperial hierarchy, an ultra high-profile antagonist...so cool.

I hope this will never make into production. I have only two Death Troopers reserved for Director Krennic. Can't have Moff without some troopers :gah:

My most anticipated villain to be physically manifested into HT figure would absolutely be Moff Gideon, currently known as ?Meth Krennic?, credit to @CaptainTrips :lol
View attachment 467569

This guy has achieved the rank of Moff within Imperial hierarchy, an ultra high-profile antagonist...so cool.

Not wanting to one up CaptainTrips, but wouldn't "Meth Gideon" be better ?

Up for $250. Considering that it?s a unique character, who?s taller than standard characters and uses a non-standard True Type body I feel like the price is fairly reasonable.

Up for $250. Considering that it?s a unique character, who?s taller than standard characters and uses a non-standard True Type body I feel like the price is fairly reasonable.

Yep I've come to terms pretty quickly with the price. $251 seems reasonable to me. Certainly more detail and bang for your buck than the Jawa and Gonk for $267 !

Yep I've come to terms pretty quickly with the price. $251 seems reasonable to me. Certainly more detail and bang for your buck than the Jawa and Gonk for $267 !
Really is pretty crazy when you look at the two releases. It has to be that they think the Jawa and Gonk will sell less quantity. I really want that release too though..

Hate to say, but this is looking about as light and plasticky to me as the Sideshow IG-88. I know this was never going to be diecast, but I was still expecting a HT version to have a much more impressive and metallic looking paint job.

Interesting. Newbie coz I really don't focus on SW. But one of the reasons I'd go for this - is IMO Ultron Mark 1 picked up last year was so friggin' stellar IMO I got a second one. I mean the engineering/paint/detail is amazing, just purely from having something on the shelf for the long term.

Maybe I'm wrong and since that (older) production maybe HT does stuff cheaper. I dunno. I hope this is as good. Based on that fig, it's not like HT doesn't know how to pull off a complex robotic-type fig. Re the bandoliers think some heating/fitting will help.

Apparently there are no diecast parts on this IG-11, according to the observations at the prototype at Secretbase from some HongKong collectors.

But I couldnt care less, these droids are not necessearily meant to be Ironman diecast quality or whatsoever.

Apparently there are no diecast parts on this IG-11, according to the observations at the prototype at Secretbase from some HongKong collectors.

But I couldnt care less, these droids are not necessearily meant to be Ironman diecast quality or whatsoever.

I literally don't get the obsession with diecast except in some cases it can help figures be more stable.

If it was diecast it would have been advertised as such, so no surprise it doesn?t have any diecast parts. I don?t really care though.

I literally don't get the obsession with diecast except in some cases it can help figures be more stable.

Exactly. K2SO had it simply to lower his centre of gravity so he could stand.

"Diecast" seems to be a magic, holy grail type word. eg "OMG it's die-cast !!!". Even Hot Toys "Diecast" figures are not all diecast.

I would have preferred this to have the same die-cast treatment as K-2 did just to give it the extra stability. Either way people most likely will still complain how cheap it feels when in hand... there?s not much plastic there to give it that ?figure weight? we?re all used to. SSC IG-88 for example which I have a feeling might weigh more than HT?s IG

Back