1/6 Hot Toys - TMS 008 - The Mandalorian: Bounty Hunter Droid IG-11 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - The Mandalorian - IG-11 Collectible Figure

The response rate/view in both The Mandalorian threads are impressively high, almost 100%... i havent seen anything like this before. This pretty much encapsulates folks are dying for quality contents of SW :lecture.

I?ve been dying to see Hot Toys? takes on the Mando and IG-11, I?m so excited for these to be released. Hopefully they go deeper in the line and most importantly, hopefully the show is as good as it seems to be.

The response rate/view in both The Mandalorian threads are impressively high, almost 100%... i havent seen anything like this before. This pretty much encapsulates folks are dying for quality contents of SW :lecture.

Right. The key word is Quality. These Disney+ shows may just give Disney Star Wars the Renaissance needed after these past few years.

I agree it'd be weird if he actually spoke "human". I'm hoping for the same deep assassin droid voice like how they portrayed them in Rebels. Filoni's one of the guys leading this so he might continue that.

Goodbye Boba Fett, hello Mandalorian

Goodbye Boba Fett, hello Mandalorian

I?ll always be a Fett fan and collector but this Mandalorian is looking pretty awesome -figure and show. Plus I?m a sucker for good Trooper/armor designed characters. Main or background.

Holowan Laboratories built several different droids in the IG line, including the IG-RM, IG-86, IG-88, IG-100, and IG Lancer.

The IG-88's were all named IG-88 in the EU. ie. IG-88A, IG-88B, etc.

IG-11 could be intended as an IG-88 series droid, or a different droid series from Holowan altogether.

Like with the main character this one is very much a wait and see release. Looks good, but it?ll depend how much I end up liking the show. Even then not sure I want to jump further down the rabbit hole with Star Wars as there?s so much to collect as is.

If anyone is buying the Mando they?ll need to pair this guy. Wait what about that other droid seen piloting that ship (The Mando?s)? The one that looks like an
Ra-7 ( Deathstar droid); Is he another sidekick? That?s another dope design.

My most anticipated villain to be physically manifested into HT figure would absolutely be Moff Gideon, currently known as ”Meth Krennic”, credit to @CaptainTrips :lol
64CAE801-50F7-414A-B4A9-7C368CAA95E7.jpg

This guy has achieved the rank of Moff within Imperial hierarchy, an ultra high-profile antagonist...so cool.

Thread updated with official images from Hot Toys for this release at page 1. Enjoy your beloved Assasin Droid in the Galaxy very very far away folks!.

I was thinking I might be able to just use IG88 for this, but who am I kidding this guy looks great !!!

One thing I did notice was the hands are totally different on IG-11. IG-88 only had 2 pincers, but IG-11 has fingers.

He's got Terminator hands !!!

71705705_10156550925857344_5718731834884358144_o.jpg

Those bandoliers look terrible though.

I really hope they change them to a fabric which doesn't hold it's form away from the body like that.

71969411_10156550925217344_5125837614288470016_o.jpg

Hate to say, but this is looking about as light and plasticky to me as the Sideshow IG-88. I know this was never going to be diecast, but I was still expecting a HT version to have a much more impressive and metallic looking paint job.

attachment.php

One thing I did notice was the hands are totally different on IG-11. IG-88 only had 2 pincers, but IG-11 has fingers.

He's got Terminator hands !!!

So will the inevitable IG-00 finally get toes?!:acme

The longer rifle is different to the SS IG-88 version, but it looks just as boring and 2D. Hopefully they do some more work on that to add some more materials at least with paint application.

That was one thing which I didn't like about the SS version. It looks like a Hasbro gun.

Back