1/6 Hot Toys - TMS 008 - The Mandalorian: Bounty Hunter Droid IG-11 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - The Mandalorian - IG-11 Collectible Figure

Ugh -- don't get me started on Battle Droids. Even the name is not clever. I'm not sure they could ever be cool when they look like bipedal reindeer.

The designs were awesome before I knew what they were. I remember studying the concept art before them film hit and loving all the Trade Federation stuff, but then the film actually hit. The droids and the gugans even are very appealing designs, it's just impossible now to separate them from the disappointing characters and film.

But Taika-titi IS IG-11, right? So he'll sound like that rock dude friend of Thor.

And it is Disney so they'll pepper that Marvel humor in... wait, that'd be a terrible idea.
Also don't get me wrong, i love how they did that in Marvel movies... just not in SW *ahem Hux slap-stcik bit*

Yup. Imagine how much better the Battle Droids would have been if they spoke like that.

Seriously.

Awesome. Very down for the Mandalorian

That's why I'm pretty hesitant to get too excited for these figs or the series, as we've seen next to nothing of substance. As soon as we start getting some of that Marvel snarky sass in the series, I wont be buying any figs, no matter how nice they look.

I keep hoping... especially when I see things like that circular door closing on his prey.... will it cut him in half?

But then I imagine the door just holds him in place while he barks out silly one-liners.

I keep hoping... especially when I see things like that circular door closing on his prey.... will it cut him in half?

But then I imagine the door just holds him in place while he barks out silly one-liners.

LOL it's really 50/50 at this point. I'm hopeful, but not naive. SW has burned us all too many times in the past few decades.

Im curious what would be a "decent" prige range for this droid, and the material used to engineer it. Full diecast new R2 was $240+ something...yikes just thinking of recent outreageously over-priced Jawas/power droid set.

Hahaah! Oh man... :thud:

Im curious what would be a "decent" prige range for this droid, and the material used to engineer it. Full diecast new R2 was $240+ something...yikes just thinking of recent outreageously over-priced Jawas/power droid set.

Full diecast? I didn't know hot toys made full diecast anything. I need to research this.

Full diecast? I didn't know hot toys made full diecast anything. I need to research this.

Let me giving you a head start for your sake. Ever head of Hot Toys’s bread and butter line called..Ironman:cuckoo:

^I think Malgus was saying that because R2?s dome is the only die-cast part (double-checked on SS website). As for IM, I have the CW 46 and there?s not a lot of die-cast on that one either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’m sold. Hopefully they don’t pull a “2-Pack with exclusive parts” because.... I’d have to buy it.

$280 isn't too unreasonable given the recent prices. Would expect diecast legs at the very least for that price.

The original IG-88 prop/puppet was huge. This guy is much smaller, though still taller than Mando by a bit. Not sure why they chose to make the new IG smaller, but they did.

I briefly had the Hasbro 12? and I remember it had extendable legs. Maybe IG-11 is just in regular mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ironman are not full diecast. I think this IG will have diecast feet for sure. Probably most of its lower legs as well to help it balance. Very interested in this figure.

Looking forward to pose him next to his factory line brother IG-88.

Back