Hot Toys Tim Burton Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear ya. I still don't think he'd have opened his yap though if he didn't have info from HT. Were they there this year to help set up like last year?

If they were I must have missed em. But the guy in question did say the Keaton Batman was at the show but for some reason they didn't display him. I asked the guy could he find out why not and he said he would but as of late Saturday, he still didn't know. :huh

This thing looks killer! The cockpit, in person, looks kinda tight for 2 figs but who the ____ cares!!! The detail is just stellar...even tops the level of detail in the Tumbler, IMHO.

This thing will be in my collection come hell or high water!

Based on photos and screengrabs cockpit looks right to me. Those little red buttons look translucent too, it would be cool if they lit up with tiny LEDs, but not a deal breaker at all. The gauges look fine as they are though. They weren't backlit at all in Batman or Batman Returns. The Batmobile cockpit reminds me of the instrument cluster of a WWII dogfighter.

Other things I notice from those shots, the side pipes seem to be molded onto that flat metal piece or at least glued to it. It doesn't look right to me, but the detail on the pipes is impressive. It even looks like there is some heat damage to them! :yess:

The front tire treads look too big and in the wrong pattern. This is not something you can easily see in the movies, so I don't think it will be a big deal to most collectors, it's just something I noticed from photos of the car. I can't see the rear threads closely enough to say if they are accurate or not. Again, not a big deal, but it is wrong. They can get the threads right (or very close) with the Tumbler and Batpod, they can do it here. Call the nitpick police! :gah:

Also, one of the specks of dust on the left gun cover is 0.00000045675 millimeters too close to the edge and rotated 0.000056243 degrees southeast of from how it appeared in the scene where he destroyed the factory. :nana:

That I could tell by myself, but thanks for pointing it out as well.

So... did anyone pick up how the wrong camera settings can cause the black to look too bright?

Still don't think it's black?...

5983296370_1afa0e9aee_b.jpg

Based on photos and screengrabs cockpit looks right to me. Those little red buttons look translucent too, it would be cool if they lit up with tiny LEDs, but not a deal breaker at all. The gauges look fine as they are though.

no shiznit! This beast looks incredible . . .

:woo

Also, one of the specks of dust on the left gun cover is 0.00000045675 millimeters too close to the edge and rotated 0.000056243 degrees southeast of from how it appeared in the scene where he destroyed the factory. :nana:

:rotfl

more like 0.00000045678 millimeters!! :moon

kruze.jpg

:monkey1

So... did anyone pick up how the wrong camera settings can cause the black to look too bright?

Still don't think it's black?...

5983296370_1afa0e9aee_b.jpg

I totally agree,I went to some photos of the tumbler when it was displayed at one of the toyfairs and it produced the same color until more pics came up at different events.

The batman emblem on the Keaton batmobile does rotate

The ones on the Forever batmobile doesnt

The cockpit looks rather good, doesn't it? I know I'm oblivious to small details and stuff, so I wouldn't be surprised if someone pointed out just how wrong and innacurate it is. But looks good to me.

That's one thing I am definitely psyched about is they have much better detailing in the 89 Batmobile cockpit than they had in the Tumbler.
That was my only complaint of the Tumbler that i felt the cockpit could of had a little more detailing. It wasn't horrible, and I know it was probably tough to design more details into the model without it costing too much. But they were so close, wish it went another step further in detailing the cockpit.

I'm sure you ALL know they used a Honda Civic for the headlights, turned them upside down and painted them.

So do you know what they used for the tailights?

No google-ing!

Man Builds Street-Legal Batmobile Using Turbine Engine
source: https://dsc.discovery.com/cars-bikes/man-builds-street-legal-batmobile-using-turbine-engine.html
turbine-powered-batmobile-031.jpg

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZSBpFMWk-M&feature=player_embedded"]‪World's only actual turbine powered Bat car‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

The vehicle is a replica from the 1989 Batman movie directed by Tim Burton and has a top speed of 185 MPH! It only took Putsch 5 months to build the car using military surplus and race car parts.

...The turbine engine is military grade and made by Boeing. It was reclaimed from a Navy drone helicopter that dropped torpedoes on enemy submarines. The turbine drives the car’s rear wheels via a semi-automatic transmission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back