Hot Toys Tim Burton Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This would be an incredible buy but where would you guys put it? That has to be a ton of shelf space just house this awesome car.

Buy first, worry about the fact you don't have have any room to put it after

Last edited:
...and then cry yourself to sleep every night seeing it double in value and knowing you missed out on it...

I still have confidence this'll come in at a competitive price.

Nah!! That's when I flip over the 89 batman and joker on ebay. I've already got a batman version for my HT collection. If HT produces 5000 of these things, are there really enough collectors who can afford to payoff over 1000.00? I'm just not sure there are.

I was thinking about the cost and I won't pay more than $500, I don't like the Tim Burton's Batman films that much anyway...so I'm out if they charge over $500. I am a bigger fan of the current movies by Nolan and would save $$ for the possible Tumbler re-release!

:lol that's terrible advice. What's the point of owning it if it ends up sitting in a box in the attic/garage because you have no place to display it?

So that one day when you do have display space for it you have it and 'only' paid retail for it.

So that one day when you do have display space for it you have it and 'only' paid retail for it.

Word. :goodpost:

This is what I do. I admittedly don't have that much space but once i move to my new home, at least i won't have to kick myself for not picking them up at the time that they were "cheaper."

that's the part I really need to get used to.
Since I'm buying a house I'll now have room and I need to not wait till 'later'

Of course that doesn't account for the possibility that by the time you get around to displaying it HT have already made it obsolete with a newer better version.

Of course that doesn't account for the possibility that by the time you get around to displaying it HT have already made it obsolete with a newer better version.

This just encapsulates our HT obsession and the absolute power they have over most of us so damn well :lol :lol :lol

:lol that's terrible advice. What's the point of owning it if it ends up sitting in a box in the attic/garage because you have no place to display it?

The point is, it's good buying it early (for Batman fans who cares about the Batmobile) on retail regardless of having the place in the house or not VS. buying it later when there is a space in the house but the price of the item has sky-rocketed to the moon.

And also for the pride of being able to say "yeah, I have the Batmobile." VS. "no, I don't have it but I want it."

The point is, it's good buying it early (for Batman fans who cares about the Batmobile) on retail regardless of having the place in the house or not VS. buying it later when there is a space in the house but the price of the item has sky-rocketed to the moon.

And also for the pride of being able to say "yeah, I have the Batmobile." VS. "no, I don't have it but I want it."

Agreed with you. Buying it and have it in the box is the smartest thing to do. I wanted the Tumbler back then, and I didn't bought it for several reasons including not having space, and now I want it but I am not going to pay $2000+ ... considering it was $450-500 retail.

That plan only works for people who will have space for it later, though. I don't see how most people would ever find room for a tabletop-sized toy car.

That plan only works for people who will have space for it later, though. I don't see how most people would ever find room for a tabletop-sized toy car.

I bet people have a lot of "junk" sitting around. I think collectors would be surprised about how much room they actually have when they get rid of boxes or other stuff. Moving furniture around might also make room too.

These guys managed to fit the Tumbler, Batpod, and figure in a nice glass coffee table type display. The '89 Batmobile is a bit longer than the Tumbler but I don't see why most people couldn't do the same. Unless most people have one room devoted to collectibles I'm sure there are plenty of places throughout a home to display this thing.

tumblerdisplay.jpg

tumblerdisplay.jpg

dscf2497copy.jpg

HotToys.jpg

Have a living room or entertainment room? Utilize a table and have it underneath to make use of the space.

You could even have it on the floor. There are plenty of custom acrylic cases that could house this thing.

Last edited:

Well, actually I have seen many collectors who do have space for a tabletop size car.

And when it comes to finding space... never say never.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back