Hot Toys Tim Burton Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care about other licenses to be honest. Batman, Terminator and Robocop is all I collect (exceptions being Superman and Spidey), so that's all I'm interested in.

It's not impatience, I could wait months for the Batmobile. I just want to know if I'm going to be buying it or not, that's all. It has nothing to do with eagerly anticipating something. I just want to see what the price is instead of all the speculation. If it's too much, oh well, if not, great, it'll be mine.

So far there is nothing for me to be happy about because of the three you mentioned, I currently own zero (they haven't shipped yet, obviously).

I love Alien and Aliens but back in 2005 Hot Toys offerings never impressed me. I came close to getting Hicks but didn't see the point without any Aliens. The only original Hot Toys figure I owned was the MMS 02 Terminator. Alien and Aliens are one of those films that I really enjoy but don't necessarily want or desire the figures. Now if they "modernized" them today, that might be a little harder to pass up on.

With Predator, the only film I really like is the first. Getting Dutch and the original Classic Predator has crossed my mind several times but I don't know, I've just never pulled the trigger.

Not to say they don't interest me or that I feel they're not toyetic but I've always been closer to Batman and Terminator.

I have Star Wars and LOTR stuff too but there's just way too much to collect and none of it ever seems to feel definitive (mostly for Star Wars, not LOTR). Every year Star Wars just bashes people in the head with more and more product. It's relentless. I have maybe one or two "high end" collectibles from those films and the rest is retail stuff.

Been thinking of the $900-$1000 scenario.

Could it be that there will be a combo version with Batman and Joker included, hence the huge box and matching price.

There's no reason that box should be longer than 4 and a half feet long. I hope that guy was seriously mistaken.

Here is the image of magazine cover/interview content/ the guy who said it.

6757491843_16f4804607.jpg

If you have doubts, find your own translator. If you have complaints, talk to Hot Toys..
Still buyers will be buyers and haters will be haters.
For me, I'll start my extra job to buy this.:panic:

I tried to post a full translation of the article a month ago (I'm a native speaker/reader) but I guess it never got approved by a moderator.

To clarify, in the article, Frank jokes that if they had made it completely to 1:6 scale (they shortened parts of it to keep it affordable), the packaging alone would have been about 2 meters long. The Batmobile being released is not 2 meters long.

Been thinking of the $900-$1000 scenario.

Could it be that there will be a combo version with Batman and Joker included, hence the huge box and matching price.

Doesn't seem likely. I can't see HT adding stuff into it that forces an even more gargantuan box than they'd need anyway. Surely they know these are going to be expensive mofos for customers to have shipped. (well, for european folk at least, you guys in the US think $60 is expensive)

I'm out if it's $1000. It's going to be hard enough for me to justify it at $500 seeing as how I have no place to display it. But at the same time, I really, really want this thing...

I'm out if it's $1000. It's going to be hard enough for me to justify it at $500 seeing as how I have no place to display it. But at the same time, I really, really want this thing...

Reminds me of myself... "I won't buy this jacket if its over $300...what...it's $400...? I'll take it... :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2"

If people can pay $700 on a 1/6 custom outfit :horror, people will pay $1000 on this Batmobile, maybe Hot Toys will add a lot of stuff to justify the price, as someone say maybe they will pack the Batmobile with the Joker or something, and the box will be less than 2m long... !!

Doesn't seem likely. I can't see HT adding stuff into it that forces an even more gargantuan box than they'd need anyway. Surely they know these are going to be expensive mofos for customers to have shipped. (well, for european folk at least, you guys in the US think $60 is expensive)

Ok, then how about a half Keaton that fits in the car. :lol

Ah crap, I'm just trying to grasp at something, anything, to convince myself that this won't be $900-$1,000.

Reminds me of myself... "I won't buy this jacket if its over $300...what...it's $400...? I'll take it... :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2"

That's kinda how I feel. It would be easy for me to declare right now something like

"There is no way in H.E.double.hockey.sticks that I would pay X amount for this!":panic:

but I know, once the official price and specs and photo shoot is released, I would probably have to amend that statement to:

"Well, since you put it that way....":)

Na....I saw it in person in the back stage pass at SDCC. I opened and closed the top, I even pushed it a little but it had wheel locks on.

Its good but not $1K good guys, I highly doubt this will sell for more than $600. I hope I am right...

I became actually curious to see comparison between some bat vehicles, so I gathered up some data and images and put them in same scale.
Here is comparison between 89' Batmobile, DK Tumbler, and 89' Batwing.
(If I'm using any images you own copyrights... Sorry:dunno)
6758769019_452d45902e_b.jpg

I think I'm getting overwhelmed by the size of these things now..
The new Batwing (The Bat) has some tail bending/folding gimmick. So I have no idea what the actual dimension is.. If someone has image or data, please let me know. I'll add them in and update the image.

Last edited:
I became actually curious to see comparison between some bat vehicles, so I gathered up some data and images and put them in same scale.
Here is comparison between 89' Batmobile, DK Tumbler, and 89' Batwing.
(If I'm using any images you own copyrights... Sorry:dunno)
6758769019_452d45902e_b.jpg

I think I'm getting overwhelmed by the size of these things now..

Nice...thanks for this. If everything is accurate, I agree, I am a little overwhelmed by the scale too. I wish someone could somehow make figures of comparable quality on the 1/12 scale...complete with awesomely detailed vehicles.

wow 89 Batmobile is huge compared to the Tumbler... that could explain the price difference...

wow 89 Batmobile is huge compared to the Tumbler... that could explain the price difference...

If my math and these stats are right, the Tumbler Batmobile is about 119% as wide as the 1989 Batmobile, but the 1989 Batmobile more than offsets that with it's length, which is 145% that of the Tumbler.

I don't think for a second this is the only factor in how HT determines their prices, but if you're curious, 145% of $469.99 (sideshow list price for the Tumbler) is $681.49.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back