Hot Toys Tim Burton Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
some addition/correction.
He implies that the box would've been 2m if they kept the length in 1/6 scale, but because they shortened the length, it would be less than 2m.

I knew this would be bigger than the Tumbler because the actual car was bigger but that big?

Damn. I can see why they're being so coy about this. I'm sure they're waiting for the Joker to hit so people feel obligated or feel eased into it. If we're talking 1K with a box that huge, man, I've got to pass. There's just no way I'd throw down that amount.

Her panties?

That she wore way back in 1991?.....y'know I was never really into Pfeiffer anyway.

Also, about the Batmobile, incidentally....yeah, I think that'd be a pass. It'd break my heart but....the shipping alone, I daren't even think about it.

That sucks that they may have shortened it too. I can see why they would, but still.

I can't stop thinking about it now. :lol I've been waiting for the spec/pics/preorders to go up and when I saw how low the Tumbler was, I sort of got my hopes up like, "Holy ____, only $450? I'm definitely getting the Batmobile". Now we're back to "FUUUUUUUUUUU".

Now I wish I bought the Tumbler back in 2008 for the sole purpose of flipping it on the secondary market for $1,000 before the relaunch. Then I would have used the dough for this.

I'll still try it out in a few shopping carts and see what the grand total (minus customs if applicable) will be just to see if I can mentally process the cost....

Me too.
After the excitement of getting DX09 I convinced myself I was going to get it no matter what. Now I'm not so sure. I did notice some inaccuracies on the proto as well, particularly around the back wheels & fenders, I guess this is their way of explaining that.
There is no where I could pick it up from.

:(

Chiiiillllllll.

Everybody calm down until official specs and price is released. We all know that at every $100 increment above $500, more and more people will reach their limit and drop out. Even with this new translation, from an interview from a while ago...EVEN if the translation is accurate...we still do not have the final price point and box dimensions. This latest news isn't leading to anything constructive, just even more of the speculation that has gone on for the past 280+ pages..

Just calm down, and let cool heads prevail. When the pre-order goes up, if it is really that ridiculous, then by all means go ahead and freak out.:panic:

Chiiiillllllll.

Everybody calm down until official specs and price is released. We all know that at every $100 increment above $500, more and more people will reach their limit and drop out. Even with this new translation, from an interview from a while ago...EVEN if the translation is accurate...we still do not have the final price point and box dimensions. This latest news isn't leading to anything constructive, just even more of the speculation that has gone on for the past 280+ pages..

Just calm down, and let cool heads prevail. When the pre-order goes up, if it is really that ridiculous, then by all means go ahead and freak out.:panic:

I really hate it when people interrupt a normal conversation about a giant plastic toy car and tells everyone to CHILL!

We is chillin coolio, we iz just talkin bout the big batcar.
:monkey4

They are shortening this Batmobile, so the box will be slightly smaller.

Hmmm, won't this make the car off in terms of accuracy?

If this is so, better for me than. I prefer the realistic Tumbler over any of the previous Batmobiles.

Anyway...

I really hate it when people interrupt a normal conversation about a giant plastic toy car and tells everyone to CHILL!

We is chillin coolio, we iz just talkin bout the big batcar.
:monkey4

Sorry man, I just don't want you guys to stress yourselves out prematurely. :1-1:

This can't be right. I was at SDCC and unless that was not the actual size of the production car, those dimensions are about twice as long as the actual car. I'm 5'7" and that thing was nowhere near as long as I am tall.

Maybe the box is that long but the car sure isn't.

I wish they'd just stop messing around and reveal it already. Batman was the last of the '89 license to be shown and yet, he was out first (no complaints there). Joker and the Batmobile were revealed together at the Con and the Batmobile still doesn't have anything official. It's been in a catalog, all the shows, at the store display and even featured in a magazine but nope, still nothing.

Not to mention the Tumbler just came out of nowhere.

I wish they'd just stop messing around and reveal it already. Batman was the last of the '89 license to be shown and yet, he was out first (no complaints there). Joker and the Batmobile were revealed together at the Con and the Batmobile still doesn't have anything official. It's been in a catalog, all the shows, at the store display and even featured in a magazine but nope, still nothing.

Not to mention the Tumbler just came out of nowhere.

:lol :lol

Metal Gear Solid was announced at the same time as Batman 89 and hasn't had so much as a prototype yet, meanwhile this license has two figures and a vehicle on the way.

Be happy with what you got.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back