1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I enjoy the idea of having two for both versions... but my wife/boss would kill me.

The best thing about this figure is the multiple display options. Tired of looking at it standard? Go battle damaged!

I'm on the fence of displaying... I'll be putting it next to my DX10 so BD might be the way to go.

I can`t decide which pose to leave him :)

Attachments

• WP_20141108_00_23_57_Pro.jpg
    WP_20141108_00_23_57_Pro.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 376
  • WP_20141108_00_23_32_Pro.jpg
    WP_20141108_00_23_32_Pro.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 376
Got mine today and I'm gonna go pop this bad boy open... after I watch the flick again for the 100th time

Then I'll have to check out JB's video and catch up on the mods. Figure looks bad ass in everyone's pics

Just got mine, really like the figure, maybe I should make a vid, compare it to my old T 800 T2 Arnold. they look awesome together.PIC_3461.JPGPIC_3470.JPGPIC_3473.JPGPIC_3467.JPG

Last edited:
IDK, I'm really really diggin' this fig. This is something I've been waiting on for a long time and I always held out for an official release, so I guess I'm more pumped than most with this being my first PS T-800. It's simplistic in many ways but just being the icon that it is makes it shine brighter. It has so many posing options and looks bad ass every which way :rock

Sure, it's imperfect like everything else, and while I have a pretty good case of OCD, I still may have lower standards than the hardcore T-guys for this; so most of the issues aren't a big deal for me. The neck stuffing, shirt stretch and collar snip are all very minor, but very necessary mods that go a long way. I'm really not overly annoyed by the thunder thighs; they don't look as bad in hand as some pics would suggest. I'm not even that bothered by head size. Granted, all of my T1/2 figs are packed away right now so I didn't see the variation in size first hand. I think the variation and inconsistency will bug me but I feel that the real problem is HT has been making undersized sculpts all this time, rather than these sculpts being over-sized. I wish they started doing this a few years ago, and we'd all have a bunch of great figs that all "fit" together better on the same shelf.

The biggest issue for me isn't with the figure particularly, but with the usual hit most sets take from proto to production. This lost a lot of that nicely detailed pigmentation and sweaty sheen, which makes it kind of monotone and flat. Once in a blue, the loss of the fancier details of the proto soften the sculpt up for the better, but more times than not it's for the worse. Nothing is pure perfection so even the best of the best are only 90%, but then they lose another 10% from proto to production.

Still a pair of great sculpts here but I just wish they had a way to deliver a final product that's a little closer to the protos. It's a dream, I know, but still

I haven't even bothered stuffing the neck on mine. I just don't feel compelled to do it. From the pics I've seen, I'm not convinced that it's worth snipping the collar either. I just raised it on the back of the neck. It is a solid figure and I'm happy with it, but I know HT could have done better to the point where it could be DX13-level amazing. Still, I'm happy to have it. No buyer's remorse.

I only snipped the collar part and not the lapels like some others did. You could just pop the back without cutting anything, but I think you get a higher "pop" when the collar is free. I don't see any need to detach the lapels though. I didn't get to it yet but for me the neck mod is a big difference based on what I see in pics. All other Arnie's, or any muscle bound character always have a bigger neck than this set. It's not really noticeable when you pose the looking head to either side, but dead straight it sticks out IMO

Back