1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Article: Hot Toys-The Terminator-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) Collectib

Well, then again remember that link you sent me about all the **** ups and inconsistencies about the handling of the T-800 in T3 and T4
yeah that guy did a great job of collecting movie facts.
but we know such explorations are met by others with a very little interest and lots of scepsis most time, so guys like him just post it on their own private pages and don't share with people on boards )
The information provided in the T2 special edition would not seem to allow for that - the idea that Terminators sent out by Skynet on solo operations have their chips set to 'read-only'. They have to switch it so as he can be more autonomous. So the T1 T-800 would have to volunteer to have that done.
the information provided in the T2 special edition contradicts T1 behaviour in T1.
i left a big post about that in either DX10 or MMS136 thread, the main idea was that T2 was dumber than T1 in his human interactions before his operation, though T1 didn't spend time with humans and T2 did.
though it could be due to T1 getting a full and wide programming from Skynet, while T2 was taken by humans who surely weren't so skilled with terminator minds.

Last edited:
Re: Article: Hot Toys-The Terminator-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) Collectib

yeah that guy did a great job of collecting movie facts.
but we know such explorations are met by others with a very little interest and lots of scepsis most time, so guys like him just post it on their own private pages and don't share with people on boards )

I think its worth posting here

https://www.jamescamerononline.com/SuperTerminators.htm

This is a cool link (which P. found) which conveniently reinforces the idea many of us here would have that T1 and T2 are the only Terminator canon, and that 3 and 4 done ****ed up. It's a very interesting read.

I think its worth posting here

https://www.jamescamerononline.com/SuperTerminators.htm

This is a cool link (which P. found) which conveniently reinforces the idea many of us here would have that T1 and T2 are the only Terminator canon, and that 3 and 4 done ****ed up. It's a very interesting read.

Awesome! :goodpost::hi5:

i always envied people who can imitate metal weathering.
but is weathering really needed for T1 weapons and clips, coming straight from the shop, never used?
Don't forget he was rammed by a car and the AR-18 bouncing across the pavement just before he jumps on his Honda for the chase scene, Guess that's why even the new one has light weathering :wink1:.>

Will the arms be able to hold this position? left one, so the shotgun can lay on his shoulder. Please make a second arm for this if needed HT:pray:

2028TheTerminator.jpg

15_the-terminator.jpg

PD1392614815jdY.jpg

Attachments

• 2028TheTerminator.jpg
    2028TheTerminator.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 234
  • 601px-TERMSE_SIDEA-60.jpg
    601px-TERMSE_SIDEA-60.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 230

according to the quoted book, if people decide to accept it, he was going to wait until Skynet appears, then follow standart procedures for field agents: arrive to reprogramming center and get a new task. so he didn't have any need to self terminate at all.
on the other hand Skynet wouldn't appear without him. seeing that he is a learning computer based on a neuronet, he would start exploring history once Judgement day doesn't come. being a working example of himself - not a broken chip - he wouldn't need any reverse engineering (like Miles Dyson needed) to give people all knowledge to create Skynet.
taking his (book) decision to wait for Skynet into concideration, he is still obliged to work for Skynet (not a blank program with only goal to kill Sarah), so he couldn't "not care" and would definitely take those steps.
if he was smart enough to fit into humans science world, he could do everything perfectly.
however i don't think that a T-800 is able to fit into such a specific group, so he would use some other scenario. in any version that technology would be used by humans to kill each other as they always do with everything they are given by science.

I had always had a vision of him just freezing in position after his mission was accomplished,a statue in the middle of Tech Noir.I loved the idea of that.

That's a much better outcome though,thanks.

Re: Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1) MMS 238 T-800 (Battle Damaged Version) Figure

This is some very useful information!! THANKS!! I didn't even know most of this info:D

The information provided in the T2 special edition would not seem to allow for that - the idea that Terminators sent out by Skynet on solo operations have their chips set to 'read-only'. They have to switch it so as he can be more autonomous. So the T1 T-800 would have to volunteer to have that done. And given his default agenda to see that Skynet is preserved and wins the war against humanity I doubt that would be on his to-do list.

On the other hand the theatrical cut of T2 would allow for it. He simply says ''My CPU is a neural net processor. The more contact I have with humans, the more I learn.

The Terminator does learn like the Terminator in T2 though. Let's not forget what he added to his vocabulary from interacting with those punks,

EetjrED.png

He also repeated everything too, just like Uncle Bob, "nothing clean right". Remember, the more contact he has, the more he learns. Well, in the first film he's not really interacting with many humans.

Last edited:

What books are you guys referring to in regards to terminator info? Are they just the novelization of the first two movies or something else entirely. I am extremely intrigued now by all your comments.

What books are you guys referring to in regards to terminator info? Are they just the novelization of the first two movies or something else entirely. I am extremely intrigued now by all your comments.

There's a lot of stuff in the novelisations, original scripts and just stuff that directors/actors have confirmed as canon in documentaries and interviews etc. Someone a bit more in the know (like P. Or adev) probably know of somewhere that lists all the stuff

here:
for questions like this i usually remember how it was explained in "the terminator" book written by William Wisher, one of three T1 screenwriters.
Wisher wrote that novelisation together with Randall Frake. it used lots of original ideas, including the idea to destroy Cyberdyne, the two men sent into 1984 (one of them died being materialised inside a ladder) and many others.
after T2 same Randall Frake - now without Wisher - wrote T2 book. it also used unfilmed features, but the only big one i've noticed was a prolongued Future War story, drawn but not filmed by Cameron (pity!), all the rest was similar to the movie enough.

kinopoisk.ru-Terminator-2_3A-Judgment-Day-1723549.jpg

kinopoisk.ru-Terminator-2_3A-Judgment-Day-1723427.jpg

kinopoisk.ru-Terminator-2_3A-Judgment-Day-1723545.jpg

kinopoisk.ru-Terminator-2_3A-Judgment-Day-1723550.jpg

kinopoisk.ru-Terminator-2_3A-Judgment-Day-1723417.jpg

kinopoisk.ru-Terminator-2_3A-Judgment-Day-1723430.jpg

kinopoisk.ru-Terminator-2_3A-Judgment-Day-1723556.jpg

kinopoisk.ru-Terminator-2_3A-Judgment-Day-1723553.jpg

Someone a bit more in the know (like P. Or adev) probably know of somewhere that lists all the stuff
oh, no! i just remember something sometimes, bits and pieces. always hard to remember where it is posted on websites.

Last edited:

A lot of conversation since last night. I have two comments on it:

1. DiFab, that pic of colourful Terminator language could get you in trouble.
2. I thought the leg injury the Terminator was looking for was a rod that was put in Sarah's leg after a skating injury. I might not be remembering it correctly but I don't recall it having to do with endo shrapnel.

With all this talk of T1 and different behavior scenarios of the T-800, can someone please explain why Sara is not terminated after the Tech Noir car chase? All the terminator would have had to do is point the shotgun out the window and eliminate her. Instead he "disappears". WTF!?! This has always baffled me.

I just figure his injured eye and trigger finger were enough for him to decide he would not fair well with the police. Not only his likelyhood for success would be low, but his camouflage would be compromised, making his next strike more difficult.

I just figure his injured eye and trigger finger were enough for him to decide he would not fair well with the police. Not only his likelyhood for success would be low, but his camouflage would be compromised, making his next strike more difficult.

"She's right there...I can terminate Sara Connor easily. Wait, let me check my hair first...I'm a wreck...better try again later."

A divalicious Terminator. :lol

It's one theory, but nowhere did it state that his mission was to terminate her undetected to humans; did I miss something??

Yeah that scene is a bit "odd". According to the novelisation he takes quite a battering from the crash and so I would go along with the theory that he probably didn't rate his chances of surviving a police onslaught if he missed his shot or whatever, BUT he does somehow manage to escape the scene really quickly for a wrecked terminator especially in a place that seems to be in a bit of a dead end.

So my loose theory is that he quickly recuperated from the impact, made the split second assessment that it would be better to repair and make an assault later and so disappeared. Remember he's not bound by any sort of immediacy, if he knows that sarah is going to be taken by the police then he has plenty of time to plan out an attack where he has a greater chance of success

"She's right there...I can terminate Sara Connor easily. Wait, let me check my hair first...I'm a wreck...better try again later."

A divalicious Terminator. :lol

It's one theory, but nowhere did it state that his mission was to terminate her undetected to humans; did I miss something??

Like I said, low probability for success while at the same time completely blowing his cover and taking further damage. It doesn't matter if he is seen killing her but it does matter if he is further damaged while failing to kill her instead of taking a break to make both eyes and hands functional again.

Yeah that's a better way to put it. Thanks. Bazooka and BMD. It's always been odd to me too but I guess if he factors a failure rate into the situation then maybe he would leave. But from where he's sitting in relation to Sarah after the crash, a shotgun blast to her dome at that range has a high success rate I'm sure.

He may have even been out of ammo at that point too. I believe he only had the shotgun that was in the squad car at that point. It leads to a cool repair scene anyway.

Back